2006 Lincoln LS

See Photos & Videos

Overall

style is great

by pegleg from sidney, oh | October 23, 2013

I always wanted one of these car.' looks great and runs like I thought it would.. My back does not hurt like it did.

I waited to long

by Old car guy from Virginia | September 24, 2012

I love everything about this car. Pushed a BMW down the mountain the other day and drove him nuts. great handeling rear wheel car.

very good driving auto

by a performance type person from central Arizona | August 12, 2012

repairs very expensive=hoses, water pump thermostat and housing etc. are Ford/Jaguar parts...I still like the car as 3.9 engine is very peppy and 20 plus mpg...

Senior cruiser

by senor crouser from UP-north Michigan | May 28, 2012

Love this car has great handling, acceleration, quiet and has awsome sound system and has nav system. We found one with only 33k mikes on it. Ford desiged it to compete with BMW and I sure beleave it. It is truly the "Hot Rod Lincoln" I call it the lost Lincoln, Ford bluw it with poor advertising the LS Sport is a fine car for anyone and any occasion. I waited to long to buy one, but it being 6 years old I can now afford one.

so far so good

by grayson from corpus christi texas | October 10, 2011

bought used 06 with 60,000 miles three months ago. Car runs like a top and no problems so far. Car is getting 20mpg locally which isn't the best but the darn thing is peppy. bought from a local gmc dealer which was a poor experience overall. Will stick to ford dealers in the future.

One of the most under rated cars in the past 10 yr

by hvac999 from Charlotte, NC | June 6, 2011

My wife bought an '05 LS V8 Sport, with 47k miles, about a year ago. I liked the car so much that I bought an '06 with only 44k miles from a local high end pre-owned dealer. I have owned at least two dozen cars, in my 35 years of driving but, The LS V8 is by far the funnest car I have ever owned. I look forward to driving it. My wife bought her '05 because of the luxury options. Her car is loaded and even has heated AND COOLED seats. Just make sure, if you buy one, that you do the required maintenance. If something does go wrong they are higher than average to repair. We love our LS's and can't think of any other car we would rather have.

Absolute blast to drive and a real bargain

by Dave the Car Guy from South Carolina, USA | May 18, 2011

This car delivers superb performance and is a great balance of refined power combined with an outstanding chassis that can take just about anything you throw at it. It hangs with the BMW 5 series cars at a fraction of the price. This is not a car that you get into; it's a car you put on, as evidenced by the excellent seating and control locations. Supposedly this is one of the most expensive chassis jobs ever executed by Ford, and it certainly shows in the way this car drives. There is virtually no chassis twist in hard cornering, the brakes are highly responsive and linear, and the transmission always seems to get the engine to the exact point needed for power requirements. Back seat could use a little more room for 6+ footers, but this is a mid-size car. Early (2000-02) cars had their share of problems, but my experience with the '06 indicates that just about all issues were addressed properly. This car requires premium fuel, but the extra cost is well worth the reward this car delivers. My only regret is that Lincoln does not still build this car, as I would buy another one tomorrow.

Excellent Sport Sedan

by CorporateMan from | January 9, 2011

Best car ever! There are no competitors that come close to the performance, handling and styling of this car. 2006 was the best looking LS, and by far the best looking Lincoln ever. Lincoln needs to bring back styling cues from this car and rid themselves of the gaudy grills on the current front-wheel-drive cars. A proper rear-wheel-drive V8 sport sedan needs to make it's way back in Lincoln's lineup. I would by another LS in a heartbeat if anything ever happended to my current LS.

True Sport Sedan

by V8girl from | September 25, 2010

We love our 06 LS. This was the best LS of any of the years. It's too bad Lincoln killed off this car. Still to this day there is not another car I have driven that is more of a sports sedan/car than the LS V8 Sport. For the money, you can't beat it. The handling is amazing. The interior is gorgious with the satin nickel trim, and REAL wood. Navigation is great and very useful. My only issue so far in the 4 years we have had this car is that the suspension clunks over bumps with only 40k on the odometer. Bushings or sway bar end links are more than likely the problem. I would gladly buy another...if Lincoln offered them still! The current, weird looking Lincolns just don't match up to this car.

Lincoln LS, the best car that Ford / has forgotten

by al8apex from Scottsdale, AZ | August 12, 2010

I was intrigued when the LS 1st came out in 2000, finally there was another "Hot Rod" Lincoln, and it was even avail with a manual trans. Intended to be a 5 Series beater it was (for the money) but the dealers had no idea of how to sell it. They never included the V8 with the manual trans so a lot of us "drivers" never followed through with a new purchase. My mother did, and she got a Sport / Luxury V6 in early 2003, a 2002 leftover. Fast forward to 2010 and we have bought her another one, as she loves her V6 so much. I found a 2006 with under 18k miles earlier this year and made the purchase. She loves that one as much or more than her 2002. We had discussed shipping the 02 back and forth from her winter home here in AZ to her summer home previously, but she was saying her 98 Sable (30k miles) was adequate for her at her summer house in Michigan ... until this year. Now she has an LS at both homes. Oh, she is 84 years young ... !

Featured Services for this Lincoln LS