1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

17 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Great Highway Fuel Effciency

by Admiral from Gulfport, MS | September 17, 2012

I used to own a Mk VIII and regret letting it go. My best fuel efficiency was 31.8 mpg after a long trip with the cruise control set at 65 mph. I want another Mk VIII as my retirement cruiser.

Bar None BEST Car For the $$$$ !

by Bring Back the mark viii ! from cc | August 14, 2012

Absolutely Smooth ! If you know how to drive em, you can average 26 mpg in the city & 30-33 Highway. The car will coast at city speeds for a long way. Racing light to lite will cost you with any V8. reliability was XLNT. Comfort was the best Bar None. The car may be a bit low for some on entry & egress. Theres no getting out because you need to stretch your legs. Im comparing, to Lexus, & infiniti Q 45. Which werent nearly as comfortable 3 hrs into the drive. If the air bags are going out, there are after market solutions. The lincoln line, is XLNT ! See for yourself, Drive any Cadillack 1st!" Then Go & drive a mark Viii. youll see the Lincoln is By far a better car & value. this model did 180.1 @ bonneville.

impressive luxury

by first ford from country living, Arkansas | April 24, 2012

My first Mark VIII. Impressive performance and comfort. I've only been driving it a couple of weeks but average mid 20's mpg around town Solid 27MPG on the big road. A bit more electronic goodies for this old school guy but being spoiled is OK in my book. If you get a chance to own a Mark VIII, go for it!!

TheLincolnLadyRidesAgain...

by TheCatsMomma from Lapeer, MI | August 8, 2011

Absolutely the best vehicle for the money. Always felt so safe in all of mine. The instrument cluster is wonderful and to me, is set up for us Ladies. Not full of useless cupholders... The leather interior is so elegant and comfortable. Great handling and very powerful. They do get good gas mileage...keep your speed down-it's hard to do. Sexy and sleek and keep them waxed-up and the beautiful finish will last !

makes me feel young again

by midlife enthusiast from | April 27, 2010

My first lincoln at 40, really surprised at the power. The sound of the dual exaust makes you really feel your driving a powerful sports car. The interior design is very comfortable and convenient. I get made fun of a little as if a lincoln is suposed to be a grandpa car ?!? I love driving it, it makes me feel young again.

Disappointing, but fun

by GT from MS Gulf Coast | February 19, 2010

I purchased my 1998 Mk VIII with 80K miles on it in 2007. As this car has aged, little things, and now big things, keep going wrong. At 130K miles now, I am finding the need for significant upper engine work. An intake manifold vacuum leak was found only after spending some $600 to fix other vacuum leaks and replace an Air Flow sensor. The driver's seat worm gear is striped. The steering column had to be replaced; but was only available used since Ford doesn't make the part any more. A used column is still not functioning properly. But, when this car runs - IT RUNS. It is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned. It is great on the road. However, it is not a car which lasts and holds up under the usage I subject a car to. Sorry to say it, but I'm opting to go back to a more reliable automobile rather than be thousand dollared to death!

Silent Power

by FoMoGo from Northern Indiana | October 28, 2009

I bought my 1998 white pearl Collectors Edition in 2006. The engine and power train have been flawless. The body is tight and solid. It is a pleasure to drive, turn and brake. However. A number of nagging problems haunt this car. Door handles break, air suspension is problematical, HID head lights are pricey if you can find them, and HVAC blend doors fail. But hey, for the money I would do it all over again.

most comfortable car I've driven

by comfort car enthusiast from Colorado | November 21, 2008

Bought new October of 1997 when told this was the last year for Mark VIII. Had a Cadillac Eldorado prior to this. Not as good in snow as Cadillac, but with good tires satisfactory. HID headlights worked good for 9.5 years then low beam went bad. After $1,00.00 replacement cost they finally worked again. I only have 75,000 miles and will probably keep car until I find a suitable replacement for it. Gets 28 mpg on highway with air on, 20 city.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!

by Old Car Lover from Dallas, TX | March 28, 2008

I have owned many cars during my 66 years and this is the only car I have kept more than three years; ten years and counting! Other cars have come and gone of several different luxury makes, including Infinity, Cadillac, Mercedes and Jaguar -- none have made it past the three year mark. The MarkIII electronics were way ahead of their time in 1998, the ride is a wonderful combination of comfort and sports handling, the aerodynamic design is so drag free there is virtually no deceleration when letting up on the gas, gas mileage is an incredible 28 mpg on the road and over 20 mpg around town, The horsepower to weight ratio provides acceleration that a teenager would drool over, the trunk space is so large you have to crawl into it to get to the front of it. There are new vehicles that have more electronic gadgets, better gas mileage (with less power) and fewer miles on the odometer, however, none that rival the overall value of the Lincoln MarkIII.

WONDERFUL

by Bob from AZ | August 27, 2007

We have had it since new. It is black on black outside and all black in side. It draws lookers when we park it. It has 13,000 miles on it. the gas mileage is as good as our 2003 Mazda MPV minivan, it gets close to 30 mpg. We named it The Batmoble. I have had 32 cars in my life. 40 Ford coupe, 2 Model A Fords, Thunder Bird, 1934 Ford Convertable, 1957 Ford retractable (2ond owner) 1957 Chev Nomad, 1966 Dodge Charger, I could go on and on. I tended to buy special intrest cars.

Featured Services for this Lincoln Mark VIII