1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

17 city / 26 hwy

Overall

300 HP BARCALOUNGER!

by D28BOB from Fort Worth TX | May 18, 2015

I finally traded my 1998 MKVIII LSC after 290,000 miles and a month later wanted it back! The engine/tranny/driveline was perfect (qt of oil every 6,000 miles!) and running as strong as new. I did replace the air shocks with coils, replaced the blend door and door handles & 1 headlight but I never had a car that could eat miles like this one. Every option, and it just anticipated your every need without being a technonightmare. I installed a Superchip without governor and it would honestly do over 130 mph. Once you get past 3000 rpms and the second intake runners open, it revs very quickly. And the ride is much more comfortable than the Corvette which preceded it.

Fun, fun, fun!

by '69 lincoln mark III from Minnesota | January 15, 2015

I can't say enough about my '97 Lincoln Mark VIII. I am a LIncoln fan and own a 1969 Lincoln MarkIII. The Mark VIII has beautiful lines, beautiful interior and has very quick acceleration. If you ever get the chance to drive one, take the chance! I have always loved the looks of the Mark VIII and never thought I would even have the chance drive one, even more so to be the proud owner. I'm ecstatic!

The last of a great line of cars

by s0undchaser from Staten Island NY | October 28, 2014

For a car that withered in sales and gave way to the Navigator. It amazes me how everyone comments and likes this car when I drive it around. There are no more 2 door personal Luxury cars on the market. It has power comfort reliability and style. All the cars today look the same. The car has distinctive beauty. My only complaints are the integrity of the interior and traction in rain or snow.

Great Highway Fuel Effciency

by Admiral from Gulfport, MS | September 17, 2012

I used to own a Mk VIII and regret letting it go. My best fuel efficiency was 31.8 mpg after a long trip with the cruise control set at 65 mph. I want another Mk VIII as my retirement cruiser.

Bar None BEST Car For the $$$$ !

by Bring Back the mark viii ! from cc | August 14, 2012

Absolutely Smooth ! If you know how to drive em, you can average 26 mpg in the city & 30-33 Highway. The car will coast at city speeds for a long way. Racing light to lite will cost you with any V8. reliability was XLNT. Comfort was the best Bar None. The car may be a bit low for some on entry & egress. Theres no getting out because you need to stretch your legs. Im comparing, to Lexus, & infiniti Q 45. Which werent nearly as comfortable 3 hrs into the drive. If the air bags are going out, there are after market solutions. The lincoln line, is XLNT ! See for yourself, Drive any Cadillack 1st!" Then Go & drive a mark Viii. youll see the Lincoln is By far a better car & value. this model did 180.1 @ bonneville.

impressive luxury

by first ford from country living, Arkansas | April 24, 2012

My first Mark VIII. Impressive performance and comfort. I've only been driving it a couple of weeks but average mid 20's mpg around town Solid 27MPG on the big road. A bit more electronic goodies for this old school guy but being spoiled is OK in my book. If you get a chance to own a Mark VIII, go for it!!

TheLincolnLadyRidesAgain...

by TheCatsMomma from Lapeer, MI | August 8, 2011

Absolutely the best vehicle for the money. Always felt so safe in all of mine. The instrument cluster is wonderful and to me, is set up for us Ladies. Not full of useless cupholders... The leather interior is so elegant and comfortable. Great handling and very powerful. They do get good gas mileage...keep your speed down-it's hard to do. Sexy and sleek and keep them waxed-up and the beautiful finish will last !

makes me feel young again

by midlife enthusiast from | April 27, 2010

My first lincoln at 40, really surprised at the power. The sound of the dual exaust makes you really feel your driving a powerful sports car. The interior design is very comfortable and convenient. I get made fun of a little as if a lincoln is suposed to be a grandpa car ?!? I love driving it, it makes me feel young again.

Disappointing, but fun

by GT from MS Gulf Coast | February 19, 2010

I purchased my 1998 Mk VIII with 80K miles on it in 2007. As this car has aged, little things, and now big things, keep going wrong. At 130K miles now, I am finding the need for significant upper engine work. An intake manifold vacuum leak was found only after spending some $600 to fix other vacuum leaks and replace an Air Flow sensor. The driver's seat worm gear is striped. The steering column had to be replaced; but was only available used since Ford doesn't make the part any more. A used column is still not functioning properly. But, when this car runs - IT RUNS. It is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned. It is great on the road. However, it is not a car which lasts and holds up under the usage I subject a car to. Sorry to say it, but I'm opting to go back to a more reliable automobile rather than be thousand dollared to death!

Silent Power

by FoMoGo from Northern Indiana | October 28, 2009

I bought my 1998 white pearl Collectors Edition in 2006. The engine and power train have been flawless. The body is tight and solid. It is a pleasure to drive, turn and brake. However. A number of nagging problems haunt this car. Door handles break, air suspension is problematical, HID head lights are pricey if you can find them, and HVAC blend doors fail. But hey, for the money I would do it all over again.

Featured Services for this Lincoln Mark VIII