2011 Lincoln MKS

Available in 3 styles:  2011 Lincoln MKS 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

2011 MKS Rocks

by Flyboy from Port Aransas, TX | September 28, 2014

Bought my 2011 MKS two months ago. I NEVER saw myself in a Lincoln -- I've owned Lexus for 10 years -- but the saleswoman I was dealing with insisted I give it a test drive. After that 20 minute ride, all I could say was "Wow!" The MKS outdoes the Lexus in every parameter. Comfort, power, handling, quietness, ride, acceleration, brakes -- the MKS is superior in every way. Fit and finish are excellent. The paint is a mile deep, and the leather is gorgeous. The air conditioned seats, automatic brights, proximity warning "radar", headlights that move with the steering wheel, stereo system -- all are superior to the Lexus we have owned and loved. The ONLY complaint I have with the car -- and it's a small nit -- is that the dashboard has developed a single squeak that manifests itself on rough roads. Otherwise, this vehicle has been flawless. My wife and I LOVE this car.

Love my MKS Ecoboost

by Car lover from Rochester, NY | May 31, 2014

Amazing car. Performance is amazing for the money. I love using the paddle shifters. I've heard negative reviews about them, but they are fun to use and fast in response (owned a 2006 Grand Prix GXP and there was gear change lag). It's pretty easy to pass cars with this car. The car drivers like a dream. Hear little to no road noise. You don't feel bumps in the road, so the suspension is amazing. Also, it handles well on the corners. Having AWD with 19 inch tires helps for safe driving in horrific Western NY snow conditions. I have yet to slip or spin out in a snow storm (have cruised by many others off the road with this car in storms). MPG: Rated at 25 highway... Crusing at 55 I've gotten 31 MPG before. Combined is rated at 20 MPG, and driving it enthusiastically I average 22 mpg, when i have driven for economy I have gotten 23 MPG combined. One way to work for me is 40 miles highway and city... Also, if you're good with paddle shifters you can improve MPG if you know how to change the gears for economy. Many reviews state this car lags in luxury, and I fully disagree. The car warns you of a crash, and you can set how far away you want the car to warn. The adaptive cruise control is great. It slows down and speeds up amazingly. Cooled seats are nice during the Summer. Navigation works well, and can be used though voice. You can even listen to pandora from your phone on the amazing 19 speaker sound system. love the dual panel moon roof. lastly, there are so many snesors on this car, it is near impossible to hit something backing up without hearing them, and when parking or driving slowly forward it warns you if you're near another car or object. Comfort: I've read complaints about the front not being comfortable. i don't see this I'm 5 feet 11 and fiance is 6 feet 4. We are perfectly comfortable in the car. Both seats have all power adjustments., and driver has memory. Back seats have lots of space with heated seats, and a sun shade. The trunk is huge, but the opening is odd, so it can be frustrating to get stuff out. There is a cool button on the trunk to open. As long as you have your key it will sense it. This is the same with unlocking the doors, no need to get key out, for it will be sensed. Then get in with push button start. However, remote start is odd. It works well from far away, and with the rain sensing wipers on will wash snow off your windshield while it heats up. The odd thing is once you open the door the engine shuts off. Reliability... I've had to have the heat pads on heated seats changed, and I hear this happens often. Also, the heat shield bushing broke (Ford needs to use better bushings 3 of 4 2011 and newwer cars of theirs I've owned bushings have broken). This is a huge problem with the 3.5 litter ecoboost (friends f-150 had the same issue, reviews on line, and mechanic said so). My Ford mechanic offered bolting it on with a screw, which makes more sense than paying for a new one (not covered under warranty) to have a new buching break. However, he complained it will be a pain during oil changes. If I buy a luxury car again in the future it will be a Lincoln. Beautiful luxury car, with fun features, and performance galore. Also, when compared price wise against competitors Lincoln is generally priced lower.

Nice Car

by Car Fetish from Iowa Falls, IA | November 17, 2013

Great exterior design! Love the color (gold leaf metallic). Lots of head and leg room inside. Seats not the most comfortable and the headrests are tilted too far forward (no adjustment). Nice size trunk but opening too small. Hard to get items in the trunk.

Miami Jack

by Jack from Miami | November 8, 2013

I purchased this car today from Doral Lincoln, Rolando García was my salesman. I am thrilled with the purchase. The car is beautiful. I am sure the technology in this car far surpasses some space ships orbiting the earth. Incredible vehicle. The price was beautiful! Rolando and the staff at Doral Lincoln were great, professional, knowledgeable, efficient. An all together pleasant experience.

Easier to deal with the truth than a lie!

by Mr. Perfect was overwhelmed falsely from Baltimore, Maryland | September 23, 2013

Exterior ...It's looks terrific but don't touch ... Cheap plastic that squeaks and pops out of its clips front and rear .. Grills, bumper and trim?. Disaapointment ! 20" tires looks super but makes ride hard when on uneven road ... Test drive ... It's all about the tires.. Want a super ride stay with 19" wheels with comfort tred tires. Do not take through car wash !!! ..test drove 16 MKS's.. Start by calling concierge.. Not very helpful.. They will tell you not real support or backing with issues.. Dealers aren't in business to lose money so you have a lot of false promises concierge said if you don't like don't buy so buy from a dealer your comfortable with because there is nothing but a promise with no backing for Lincoln. Water and dirt collect on trunk because it curls up in back and sides .. Technology .. Afraid to open trunk you would think it would open on its own.. No compartment in trunk area to store things ..just large open space..no lights on exterior at handles, mirrors, sides or rear Interior .. Shifting paddles worthless ... Cup holders not placed conveniently .. Armrests cover so its a pain.. It seems like poor design for console.. Once again no compartments to really store the things you need in front conveniently... Plenty of room which is perfect but no real frills ... Except ambient lighting that changes colors all on floor though...very difficult to adjust controls of lighting even salesman and techs could work easily.. Cashmere leather nice! .. Cool ventilated seats is like ...as some have said is like mint on the butt! They are nice! This thrills the women! Voice commands are ok .. Good technology but real easy or convenient for trying to concentrate on driving! Mapping must be reset constantly and checking for something else and help press button to help then press button to help ...repeat.. Repeat.. Oh well .. So so. Performance... Great! Shifting a little erratic on occasion. Manual shifting a joke! ... Not good! .. Sensors for parking ok... Don't really work for high curbs or wheel stops ... Interior panels and seats cheaply installed .. It's like it's made for quick change out! Extremely difficult to clean front and even harder rear windows Don't get crumbs or anything on seats.. Hard to keep clean. I have less rust and corrosion on a 1995 Camry then seen on some Lincoln's 2010, 2011 and 2012 mufflers and engine components! Passengers cannot get easily out of car because of locking doors .. Driver needs to constantly unlock doors if vehicle is still running. Past autos have been 1990 Nissan maxima .. Awesome 30 mpg performance luxury auto.. Present 1995 Toyota Camry v6 le still better and cleaner than some new ones.. So expectations were high stepping up to Lincoln MKS 2011.. Time and technology haven't showed much for luxury, convenience, and efficiency, but I still like the auto for power and prestige based on the name alone! Still looking for the auto that gets it right like back in the 90's and earlier! Lets be honest.. I spent a lot of money I have to love this car! Keep in mind I'm Mr.Perfect high expectations and believing in the truth!

Great Ride

by Sold on Lincoln from Northern Michigan | February 1, 2013

A much better ride and no wind noise compared to the Mercedes I traded in. I am now sold on Lincoln AND it's made in the good old USA

Very comfortable quick car

by Luxury sports driver from Connecticut | December 10, 2012

Bought leftover 2011 new in late 2012 and was able to make a great deal. The car has everything I wanted including AWD and turbo performance. The only additional feature I would have liked was remote start.

Impressive handling and style.

by Cici from Melbourne, FL | September 28, 2012

This is my fourth Lincoln and I like it the best. Still have a Towncar that is great. Reminds me of the characteristics of the Mark VII. I wasn’t looking for this model but after driving one I wanted it. Love the transmission and handling. It has lots of tech goodies also.

Great Car

by road tripper from Birmingham, AL | November 26, 2011

Leased a 2008 for my husband's car and loved it so much, we paid the residual to keep and then traded in my Mazda for a 2011 model for me. Smooth ride, feels like sitting in the lap of luxury. Synch is great and navigation has all the bells and whistles, which are very user friendly. By far the nicest car I have ever owned. Had for nearly a year now, and still no negatives to report. Rattles and road noise are my pet peeves and so far, none to report. Still enjoying every mile.

perfect ten

by dream machine from JOHNSTOWN,PA | July 8, 2011

THIS IS THE FINEST CAR I'VE EVER HAD. I'VE HAD ALL THE BIG NAMES LEXUS,BMW,MERCEDES,CADILLACS ACURA'A ETC. AND THIS BLOWS EVERYTHING AWAY