2013 Lincoln MKS

2013 Lincoln MKS
Available in 3 styles:  2013 Lincoln MKS 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

It's a modern day lincoln

by Car lover from West Lafayette, In | March 11, 2015

3/11'2015. I'm retired (67)---I'm also a car nut and have been since childhood. I recently broke my habit of buying only new cars and decided to buy a 2013 Lincoln mks awd with 19,500 miles. As a hobby job I ferry autos for a BMW and Chevrolet dealership. I have many opportunities to drive bmw's of nearly every type. I in fact do own a 2004 325 rag top for a fun car. The used 2013 lincoln mks compares very favorably with a used 2013 5 series bmw and is in fact roomier and more luxurious at about half the price. The 20 inch wheels do make the ride harsher than necessary. If comfort is your goal set the ride to comfort in drive and normal in sport mode and reduce tire pressure to 1-2 pound below spec. The car is plently powerful without going to the eco-boost engine. There is a lot of voice command technology to get used to---but once you become comfortable with it, it can be very beneficial. This is not a sports car and was not meant to be --however if you do want more of that feel---set the drive to sport handling in the sport mode and it will instantly become stiffer and quicker in handling. Some do not like the body styling--I do. It has a high beltline and high roof line and looks like a much larger car than it is. This car is meant to go down the road at any speed and stop when you demand. My preference for this car is comfort mode going down the road an normal handling in sport mode. This is a fine automobile and does not get the credit it deserves because some are turned off by the grill. I suggest 2013 and newer because many improvements were made in power and sublime styling changes. This car does not look exactly every other car and to me that's a good thing. If a nice ride with plenty of power is your goal---drive one in comfort mode. You'll probably be sold. Used 2013 and 2014 models are greatly depreciated and one of the very best buys on the market. Large , comfortable, plenty of power and many, many standard features.----Jim

A lot of car for the price

by I hate winter from Grand Rapids, MI | February 18, 2015

Summary: great luxury car with a powerful engine. Library quiet, smooth comfortable and all the tech you'd expect. Details: I have the ecoboost and tech package. This car practically drives itself. Adaptive cruise, lane departure, voice activated EVERYTHING. I've owned some other luxury sedans, German and Japanese. On the luxury side this car hands down beats them out. On the performance side.. it comes close. If the road is straight, this thing has tons of power. Makes power low in the rev range so doesn't need to shift a lot. You can adjust the steering and ride control to sport mode and it gets a little better. But this is a BIG car and you will notice that size on curvy roads. Big comfy seats, room for 5 ADULTS. Trunk like an SUV, seriously the trunk is HUGE! If you live in the snow belt: remote start, heated seats, mirrors and steering wheel, self-adjusting wipers MPG: I get 20 city 25 highway

Great car for the money

by Luxury buyer on a budget from Fort Lauderdale, FL | June 14, 2014

Tried the Buick and then Chrysler 300, was very disappointed - then tried the MKS and loved it. Really nice luxury and fast (have ecobost). Rides better than my old Cadillacs, and the technology is awesome. Try a test drive and you will see why it's the best for the the money!

great car for money

by druff from wisconsin | June 11, 2014

We had a 10 mks that we traded for a 12 passat and traded back to 13 mks. Much better car, we got awd and non turbo v6. Great throughout this horrible winter we just got through, car is heavy enough to be really stable in all weather. We also like the elevated seating position for ease of entry, its kind of like an suv to get inand out of without having to give up on life and drive an suv. We may sound old but we are no where near retirement age.

disappointed

by disappointed from ysa | May 14, 2014

Nice roomy car and fairly comfortable. Had for five months and it's been in the shop almost every single month with an issue, many of which remain unsolved because the dealership cannot duplicate. Knocking in rear end that's also been to dealership three times in the last month for. I no longer believe this vehicle is reliable or safe due to so many issues in so short of time. I believe it may just be this particular car but have no way of verifying. It's too bad that this one has so many issues as I like the car otherwise. Hopefully Lincoln will find a resolution soon as my patience is getting thin.

Best Ride Ever

by Love Luxury from Meally, KY | May 12, 2014

The smooth ride of my MKS Lincoln is without a doubt the best of the cars I've owned. The vehicle is luxury inside and out. Most of the time I buy a new vehicle and then in five years I'm ready for another one...but this vehicle may be one that I keep for a while. Love it!

Most bang for buck

by Lincoln supporter from Breinigsville, PA | March 18, 2014

Have had 06 Lincoln Zephyr,09 MKS,and currently a 13 MKS. Definite improved difference over the 09 MKS,probably no perfect car, but I have been extemely pleased and satisfied with all three of these Lincolns.Have had no issues with any of them and feel for the money a good value. Hard to justify quite a bit more money for Benz,BMW,or Lexus or other models. May not have the status as others,but I find most Lincoln drivers simply want value in a luxury car.More than enough creature comforts,technology,safety and a good ride.

Lincoln - The American Standard

by Old fogey car buff from Almonte, Ontario | January 9, 2014

So much for the Cadillac package! Move over GM and make room for Lincoln! This car is big and it sits high. It weighs about 5,000 pounds and hugs the road. You won't have to "fall into" this car or struggle to get out. This is my third Lincoln MKS. I trade about every two years on the average and have been doing so since age 25. I'm over 65 years of age now. I have driven a lot of cars, mostly made in USA and Canada, things like Buick Electra, Buick Riviera, Toronado, Aurora, Cadillac Seville, Town Car and MKS. I've test driven BMW 5-series and Jaguar. The Lincoln MKS is hands down the most comfortable and quiet ride with tons of useful (not just gimmicky) features and excellent safety record.

Everything but the book

by Finally got my Lincoln from NE Oklahoma | November 25, 2013

I've wanted a Lincoln for almost 40 years and I am extremely pleased with it. I wish the owner's manual was a little easier to navigate in,

Certified 2013 MKS just purchased

by Joe from Huntsville, AL | November 20, 2013

Can't comment on reliability yet but I absolutely love this car and the value price and warranty of the certified program. Reminds me of the Mercedes 500's I used to drive before retirement. Big, comfortable and a road cruiser. Love styling and interior. Being a tech savy person the Ford electronics are great although I can see where it would not be easy for some people to fully utilize. Sound system is superior.