2013 Lincoln MKT

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Still impressive after 2 years of ownership

by CarGuy1 from Cleveland, Ohio | May 27, 2014

I leased my 2012 MKT new in April 2012 - now has 34K miles on it and other than having to replace a tire - the car has only had to have the scheduled (free) Routine maintenance. It rides great, has all the options you can get on similar vehicles from other "high end" makers - I get asked yet "When did Lincoln start making that model. it's cool" so for the negative people that say it's "ugly" I say looks are subjective - I personally like that it's different and stands out in a crowd of "boxes" It's fast, handles great and rides great - Sync wasn't that hard to get used to, I think it's easier than the system in my German car. If more people would test drive this vehicle, they'd buy it over the higher priced alternatives out there. I'll be leasing another MKT when my lease is up.

New 2013 MKT

by Scooter from Chicago | April 8, 2014

We hated to do it, but knew it was time to trade in our 2008 MKX; it had served us well, and was getting tired at almost 100,000 miles. We found a local dealer with a brand new 2013 MKT; it has the 4 bucket seats, and the third row, and all the other bells and whistles. Initially, the technology can seem overwhelming, but it becomes intuitive rapidly. The car rides incredibly well, is very quiet, and has one of the best pedal responses I have ever been acquainted with. 5 out of 5!

Cadillac owner tries Lincoln

by Snow bird traveler from Finger lakes, NYS | April 7, 2014

Had Cadillac SRX and CTS wagon but need more room never owned a Lincoln, this car has room to spare. If you want 3 rows of seats(for grand children) has great comfort, very good power with turbo and AWD, gas mileage good for this large vehicle, towing rated, Sync system touchy and not intuitive, like the loading room with 3rd seat down and unbelieveable with all seats down, front and second row seats very comfortable, 3rd row comfortable but not allot of head room, tail gate does not have adjustable height so beware when opening in the garage. Handles very nicely and great for long drives.This is right up there with the Cadillacs

Wow

by gooddealphill from FL | March 17, 2014

I picked up the 2013 MKT with 16K miles in PA. Drove back to FL over two days. First day I drove 450 miles. It took me all of that time/mileage to understand how all items worked on MKT. The second day i completed the trip with 600 miles. Coolest item was the Lane control. If I moved outside of the lane it would warn me. It works. Second, the Active cruise control was great. It allowed me to set the speed at 80 MPH. If I came up on a slower car the car would slow down and match the car in fronts speed. If i moved to another clear lane the MKT picked up speed to 80 MPH. Overall as of the first 1050 miles I rate the vehicle 4.5 out of 5 .

Luxury and Great Features

by Mom of young child from New Castle, PA | November 4, 2013

I purchased the 2013 Lincoln MKT as a certified used vehicle with 24,000 miles. The cost savings of purchasing the vehicle used was helpful in deciding on this luxury three-row crossover. I'm a fan of the styling. The aggressive grill looks fantastic against the black body color, and I love the sleek lines. I'm 5'2". Some other three-row SUVs with the option of second-row bucket seats were ruled out during my search because my knees were pressed into the dash when I moved the seat forward to reach the pedals. The MKT's adjustable pedals, together with the telescoping steering wheel and highly adjustable seat position, make for a comfortable and safe fit, even with a pregnant belly and short legs. Plus, the easily-set seating position memory, with room for three different settings, is very useful when my husband, who is 6'2", drives. He is also very comfortable in the vehicle. I will also mention that the MKT's lower stance, as compared to some other three-row SUVs, makes it easier for a shorter person like myself to lift child seats into the vehicle, not to mention hop in the driver's in a more ladylike way when in a skirt and heels! I was searching for a three-row SUV with an accessible and comfortable third row. With a toddler and a baby on the way, I want to be able to sit in the back with the infant without wedging myself between car seats. I selected the second-row bucket seats with no cooler between them. This way I can walk between the seats and sit in the back to face a rear-facing child, or I can place my toddler in the third row and sit next to the second-row infant. The rear seating arrangement offers the convenience of a minivan without looking like one from the outside. The seats flip with a push of the button, including the third-row seats stowing and unfolding automatically. The trunk space is still decent with the third row up. With the third-row stowed, the cargo space is great for long trips or hauling large items. The one drawback is that everything in the trunk space must be removed to fold or unfold the third row. I mitigated this by purchasing the soft-sided cargo carrier from Lincoln in order to easily lift the trunk contents (fire extinguisher, window scraper, etc.) out and then replace them in the vehicle. This is a fun vehicle to drive as the acceleration is excellent, especially for a vehicle of this size. It handles well. No complaints. With a combination of city and highway driving, I'm averaging 21-22 mpg. The touch-screen interface is easy to use; I was able to learn to use it without the manual; it's intuitive. The navigation system is very handy, and the ability to view simplified turn-by-turn instructions on the dash behind the steering wheel is very helpful in the city and/or when the using the touch-screen for other applications, like satellite radio or telephone calls. The sound system is impressive and highly adjustable. The display behind the steering wheel can be set many different ways to your preference. The driver is able to handle phone calls, some navigation, the radio, etc, all from simple controls on the steering wheel, which are displayed directly in front of the driver. The adaptable cruise control is something I never knew I was missing. It's amazing to be able to set a max speed and then allow the car to slow down with traffic and then resume speed when able. I am extremely happy that I was able to find a vehicle that fits my family, has a third row that won't require gymnastics, which has a sophisticated look, and which is fun to drive. I highly recommend the MKT to families as an alternative to the minivan or its truck-like competitors.

More for the money

by Value seeker from SE Wyoming farm and ranch | October 27, 2013

This car has all the bells and whistles, was an Lincoln exec's ride for a few months. Great comfort, quiet and safe performance. The lane control and adaptive cruise are great safety features as well as the blind spot monitoring for those of us who can become distracted or careless.

Best MKT Ever

by 2nd MKT from Seattle, Washington | September 3, 2013

This is my second MKT, having traded in my 2010, which I loved. This is even better. I replaced my Town Car with the MKT in 2010 and loved the Eco Boost engine and the ride. I put a lot of miles on the vehicle and it performed better than expected with no real issues. The 2013 that I just purchased is unbelievably better and I am looking forward to many years of comfortable driving in this amazing crossover.

Excellent choice for luxury SUV Crossover

by Ex Expedition owner from | August 7, 2013

My MKT has been fantastic for myself and my family. I was looking for a higher end crossover / SUV and found it in my Tuxedo Black and Stone interior MKT. I bought the top of the line MKT with all the options and it has been a wonderful driving experience. Additionally my three kids love it and they we all have plenty of room to travel in. I just took it on a 280 mile beach tour and it was awesome for the kids and friends. the mini-fridg came in very handy and the worked perfectly. One of the best features was the adaptive cruise control that I used while driving. it really made the trip so much easier to manage. Also I have been stopped on several occations by people wanting to know what type of car I was driving because it was so pretty and has a perfect chrome package.

Best luxury crossover!

by Flyman615 from Rapid City, SD | August 3, 2013

The 2013 MKT is the best luxury crossover, for the money, hands down! 3.5 ecoboost is the best engine and the intirior is also tops in the class. Ignore the whiners who don't like the 1940s-inspired grill. Get a life! Bigger than any Cadillac crossover; better ride than any BMW. The MKT has it all! After 65 years as a car guy, it's the best vehicle I've ever had (except for my Porsche 911T!)

Great Cruiser

by My MKT from Bakersfield, CA | July 14, 2013

I opted for the 7 seats version, with AWD Ecoboost, and the unique smoked quartz exterior. Opted for the technology package and yes it's a great addition to a already loaded car. The car looks better and better as I go on. The utility and luxury is second to none, my family really loves it.