2008 Lincoln MKX

Available in 2 styles:  2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Brakes, brakes, brakes

by Tess from | October 10, 2014

Although I like my MKX, I have had many issues with the brakes - mostly extreme loudness. I worked with Ford Corporate and my Dealership, Grand Ledge Ford. They replaced rotors, resurfaced rotors, replaced brake pads, etc. In over 5 years of ownership and a little of 60,000 miles, I finally got the problem fixed. Aftermarket ceramic brake pads. I was told the problem was common amongst MKX and Ford Edges. It appears the problem isn't the vehicle, it's the substandard Motor Craft (Ford) brake pads. Very dissapointed I didn't figure this out sooner. My neighbors would had also appreciated me not waking them up early in the morning when I leave for work.

Very Practical Luxury Car

by High Milage Driver from Los Angeles, CA | January 31, 2014

I belong to a family of musicians so we need to haul a lot of equipment. It is nice to have a comfortable luxury car that can also handle the musician duties. So far the car has performed well especially on very long distance drives. The amount of passenger and cargo room is impressive. The security system is not easy to figure out so do not drive it without the manual in the glove compartment with the page on disarming the system bookmarked. The My Lincoln Sync system is complex but wonderful once learned. Sound quality with the base audio system is excellent. This is our 10th Ford product so we trust the mechanicals to be sound but nonetheless have access to expert Ford repair resources. This is probably not the best car for older, technophobe types.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Frankie S. from Union City, NJ | January 13, 2014

I just purchased a car from 2Mannys Auto Dealer. The Dealer was very nice and very helpful. It cost no more to do things right....at 2Mannys Auto Dealer, they do things right!

Power Take Off Units Faulty

by New Owner from Maine | April 4, 2012

Within three weeks of purchasing the 2008 Lincoln MKX with 65,000 miles, I had to have the rotors resurfaced, I had an oil leak and I had a transmission fluid leak. The transmission fluid leak is caused by a faulty power take off unit, apparently a common problem with the Ford Edge as well. The part is on back order, my car is not driveable and I am told it will be "months" before the part becomes available. The car looks sharp and has every option. That doesn't do me much good when it is sitting at a repair shop!! If you are buying one, find out if this part has already been replaced!

Great car except, SYNC doesn't work with Apple

by Shocknawe from Lakeland, FL | December 19, 2011

This car was a great buy for the money. Tons of features loaded on even the base models make it a huge value. Who doesn't love air conditioned seats in Florida?! The only issue that Ford never addressed with the public is that their Microsoft Sync software will not work properly with your iPod Touch or Iphone. It will cause the SYNC system to wig out and freeze itself, making you reboot it by pulling the fuse and placing it back. Apparently, thousands of Ford owners have the same problem and I find that to be a huge sore spot for most people. Other than that, truck gets good gas mileage and the base model sound system is way better than other luxury models base lines.

very nice car

by girlpower from Hillsboro, OR | November 28, 2011

The crossover is great feels and drive very nice, it is a little ununder powered... Gas mileage leaves a little bit to be desired. I am only getting about 14 mpg in town and 22 mpg on the freeway. It has been very comfortable on long trips. The new models should get better mpg. I will be buy a newer model when the time is right. The AWD has been great for our bad weather, and traveling over the mountain.

MKX

by J Lee from Mason City, IA | October 11, 2011

We were looking for a reliable and stylish vehicle which we found in our lincoln mkx. Slick looking vehicle with good power and gas milage. Cooled seats are a plus with the leather especially in the summer. I do like when putting the car in reverse the warning noise the vehicle makes as to not run into anything. Love the large sun roof, its like driving a convertible. Just a smooth looking and riding vehicle!

Top Rate Crossover

by Senior Car Enthusiast from | August 7, 2011

This car is an excellent performer all around. Great looks, powerful and smooth engine, sharp handling and comfortable ride. The only small negative is the brake pedal feel. It seems to take more than normal pressure to apply the brakes. They stop the car very well, they just lack a little sensitivity. The navigation system is straight forward but a little "controling". If you are buying a new car, skip the OEM and get a Garmin.

Looks good, watch your wheel bearings though.

by Bill from | June 1, 2011

O...M.....G............ Wheel bearings and swing arm assembly on the rear of these vehicles (2008 at least) was not properly installed during ASSEMBLY of lots of models... There is NO RECALL, BUT Ford obviously know about this and there is a bulletin posted to all dealers about this problem. My wifes driver side rear wheel hub was COMPLETELY worn out at 22,000 miles and making a noise similar to a mis-aligned wheel but 1,000 times louder. I've NEVER ever ever heard of a wheel hub assembly going bad this soon for any car ever made. Those usually go out over 100k or more or even never / unless you lower your car or something stupid. Make sure you have a warranty to the max unless you have $1,000 to burn on 2 new wheel hubs with accompanying parts and labor.... Other than that, SUV is great, quiet, comfortable, decent gas mileage, and looks great.

Better than The Rest

by Lincoln Lover from Terre Haute, IN | December 30, 2010

I had a Lincoln Zephyr but needed an AWD SUV for where I live so I test drove several SUV's and Crossovers since I wanted to also keep my gas mileage at a reasonable cost but none fit my style except the Lincoln MKX. I drove the Ford Edge but for the cost of the Edge you might as well buy the better brand. The Edge was nice and all but the Lincoln more fits my tastes with the dark wood trim and accents, it just was worth it. I feel it is a little better built than the Edge. The drive is amazing. It rides much nicer and quieter than mostly all of the crossovers and better than my Lincoln Zephyr ever did. I am very happy with my Lincoln MKX! :-)

Featured Services for this Lincoln MKX