The MKX crossover has room for five and competes against models like the Acura MDX, Cadillac SRX and Lexus RX. It features standard V-6 power and is available with either front- or all-wheel drive. For 2010, the MKX is more fuel-efficient, and a new special edition debuts.
New for 2010
Front- and all-wheel-drive versions of the MKX see gains in their EPA-estimated gas mileage for 2010. Front-wheel-drive models are now rated at 18/25 mpg city/highway — a 1-mpg improvement in both figures — and the all-wheel-drive MKX now gets 17/23 mpg, which is up 2 mpg in the city and 1 mpg on the highway. In addition, there's a new Midnight Limited Edition Package that includes Tuxedo Black metallic paint, a body-colored grille, 22-inch aluminum rims and a black interior.
The MKX has a relatively sleek shape with a distinct cheese-grater grille. Another Lincoln signature is its taillights, which span the entire width of the crossover. Lincoln also offers a Limited Edition Package that includes 20-inch chrome wheels and headlights with the Lincoln star logo etched on them.
- LED taillights
- Standard 18-inch wheels; 20- and 22-inch wheels optional
- Standard power liftgate
- Optional swiveling headlights
The interior features clean, simple shapes and a silver-colored center control panel.
- Standard leather seats
- Standard heated and cooled front seats; optional heated rear seats
- 60/40-split folding backseat with reclining backrests
- Standard voice-activated Sync system
- Optional Vista Roof two-piece glass sunroof
- Optional navigation system with Sirius Travel Link technology
- Optional backseat DVD entertainment system
Under the Hood
The MKX shares its engine with the Ford Edge, which is related to the MKX. When properly equipped, the MKX can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- 265-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 with 250 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Runs on regular gas
Safety features include:
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system with Roll Stability Control
- Standard backup sensors