2011 Lincoln MKX

2011 Lincoln MKX
Available in 2 styles:  2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Smart looking and refined luxury

by DarkHorse from Washingtin, DC. | September 24, 2014

I bought this MKX while looking at and test driving a variety of SUV's from Ford, SAAB, GM, Toyota and BMW. I found this to be the roomiest other than the fords and to have the best fit and finish overall. The quiet ride and the smoking hot exterior look were particularly pleasing. The two tone metallic copper on black leather seats, dash and door panels really add a fine touch. The power is there but hesitant like most SUV's. I drive in a very congested area and occasionally you have to step hard on the gas to change lanes if you are going to get any chance but the car is not a turbo so don't count on that. Unlike it's European cousins this car uses regular gas which is also a big cost savings though even with conservative driving I only average between 16 and 18 miles per gallon so if that's an issue for you, be aware. All in all I really like this car and other than my Porsche 968 this car is the only one where people actually take the time at stop lights and parking lots to talk to me about it and compliment the look.

Happy in New York

by Bunker C from Albany, NY | June 7, 2014

My 2011 MKX has proven to be something more than what I thought I was buying, a pleasant surprise. This is my second MKX, my first being a 2008. The 2011 is a much improved car vs the earlier version. I have had this car for 1 month at this writing & am enjoying it thoroughly. What I first noticed is how much quieter it rides which adds to its' touch of class. It is arguably the best looking SUV on the road, a classic design, however it is much more than just a good looking ride. My 2008 MKX was AWD, the 2011 is FWD the difference so far is about 6 MPG better gas mileage than before a very nice surprise. The redesign seems to be centered around technology, everything now is electronic all very nice but much too learn. My only concern is what my father told me years ago, "it is just that much more that can go wrong" & if & when it does it will be expensive. However the MKX is the complete package beauty, comfort, & performance as well as great value. I purchased this vehicle for half its' original sticker price with low mileage, I think a great deal.

Great Value For What You Pay

by Florida owner from Miami, FL | March 19, 2014

We've had this car for three years now and will likely upgrade soon. I wanted to write this review because we've been very pleased with it. It looks great and we paid less than $45K for a fully-loaded version with all the options (incl. ACC, which we didn't really want but have since decided that it's a must). The mileage is kind of weak (we average 19 mpg in mostly city driving with a little A/C and with at least one ventilated seat at all times). The car drives nicely, even better than the Audi Q5 (which we were considering as a replacement). No issues at all other than a computer glitch which was covered by the bumper to bumper warranty and fixed in a couple of hours. It's a heavy American car, but can go toe to toe with the Europeans in terms of looks and design. The interior is very nice, with high-quality materials (we opted for the carbon fiber trim). I would recommend this car for anyone looking for a roomy SUV in this price range; it's more upscale than pretty much every other SUV out there below $65K (with comparable options) and it's appropriate for people under 50+ (unlike the Lexus RX).

2011 Lincoln MKX

by Lovin' the Luxury from WA | February 1, 2014

The MKX is a great car that has a luxurious look and feel. Plush leather interior, beautiful dash, nice metallic materials on the doors, and many options on how to control all of the features the car has to offer. And though there are many new things to learn with the MyTouch system, the car comes with an instructional dvd, which is very helpful. I love all of the added features, such as ambient lighting, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, outside lights on the side mirrors...the list goes on! The ride is very comfortable, and this car with the added horsepower starting in 2011 has definite 'get up and go'! And it has a power boost button that I haven't even tried out yet! I highly recommend this car if you want to stand out a bit from the crowd...lots of nice comments : )

paper tiger car update

by dadinmontreal from Montreal Canada | January 21, 2014

After my last review with respect to grossly inadequate seat heaters, ford has reset the seats so they can be turned on when the car is started remotely in minus 20 weather to start the warm up process. this is a positive step which I appreciate. They are now trying top determine why the complete lower seat back ( more than 50%) remains ice cold. both actions speak well for the customer follow up process, late but appreciated nevertheless.

paper tiger car, falls short of potential

by dadinmontreal from Montreal Canada | January 11, 2014

The cars presents distinctively and is larger than similar price imports and domestics. once inside, over thick doors and over large console reduce it to an average size car and comfort level. Seating is particularly tight and harsh considering the 6 60 8 inches of wider than average build. Key options such as heated seats are grossly inadequate. Ford is convinced 30 to 60 minute warm up is "good", and must be turned on manually, whereas steering wheel and rear defroster are turned on automatically as soon as car is started remotely. There is no comfort to be found seating on -20 degree leather seats for 30 minutes+. Ford is keenly aware of the gross inadequacy of the seat heaters. To hide the fact, they will not turn them on automatically same as the rear defroster. Car could be great it they actually addressed customer issues with quality parts and design. many other high tech options are marginally acceptable compared to other luxury vehicles. a potentially great car has been reduced to average by poor parts and execution.

Wonderful luxury on wheels

by Luxury on wheels from Pittsburgh, PA | November 30, 2013

The MKX rides really well handles extremely well on the road. The interior luxury with great touches the Lincoln My Touch takes a little getting use to but full of greatness. The best ride I have purchased.

Great Value

by FredGintheD from Livonia MI | October 21, 2013

I was lucky enough to find a lease turn in on cars .com for a Lincoln MKX that I had been searching for at Hines Park Lincoln which is conveniently located a few miles from my home. The vehicle rides superb provides good mpg for an SUV and has luxurious creature comforts for all the driving that I do.

by jonna from | October 5, 2013

my wife & i recentally purchased a lincoln mkx from klaben auto kent. our sales person was dan peters. dan took all the stress out of buying a car. klaben is a five star first class dealership & dan is a five star first class person. THANK YOU DAN! jon&donna

Love this vehicle

by Sal from Gaylord, MI | September 17, 2013

We shopped all vehicle makes and models in this category and found the MKX was the best all round vehicle for us. Styling and design are similar to some other brands but the little extra's like the reclining rear seats, dual moon roof, interior lighting features and heated steering wheel put the Lincoln at the top of our list. We love the Navigation and Audio system. The keyless entry is also very nice. Comfortable, quiet and smooth handling, a very nice vehicle. Also the all around visibility puts it ahead of the competition.