2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

41 city / 36 hwy

Overall

great car

by wietze from Grand Rapids, MI | June 4, 2013

This is an unpretentious beautiful luxury car. It rides and handles smoothly. Plenty of room for 5 adults and 4 sets of golf clubs. Great economy! This makes 2 MKZ's in our garage. The other one is a 2009 AWD which I drive, my wife drives the 2011 Hybrid.

Amazed by the high MPG!

by twinwillow from Dallas, Texas. | March 29, 2013

I bought my silver 2011 MKZ hybrid new in June of 2011. I love the looks, interior comfort, and great technical features of my highly optioned MKZ hybrid. The ride is great! As is the excellent handling. It's as good as any of my perviously owned and higher priced European cars. The car has been extremely reliable and totally problem free. With a bit over 14,000 miles driven, it has never been in the shop for anything other than normal oil changes, etc. The gas milage is fantastic! Now that I know how to drive it in the most economical manner, I routinely get 45 or more MPG. I'm very proud to see the 4 full white flower blooms on my dashboard. On long stretches of flat roads, I've actually gotten as much as 52 MPG if I can keep it on EV under 46 MPH. One tip I use to accomplish those milage figures is keeping an extra 2-3 pounds of air pressure in the tires. The ride does not suffer from the added tire pressure. About the only thing I miss from my former cars is a push button starter rather than using the key. I paid sticker and I can assure you I got my money's worth. Especially when I only have to fill up about once a month. With, regular!

Great mileage and very comfortable

by Love economy but also like the creature comforts from New Bedford, MA | January 11, 2013

I wanted to buy a economical hybrid and considered the top selling brand Prius but just couldn't get over the fact that even though it was roomy and comfortable, it still looked like a sneaker. I looked at the reviews of Lexus and decided to pass. I finally found a 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with all the bells and whistles, i.e. backup camera, navigation system, and warning sensors, etc. for a reasonable price. I have driven it now for about a month and I really love it. Driving a hybrid is different than a conventional automobile. Once you know the little tricks, you can boost your mpg considerably. Initiallly I was only getting 29 mpg until I understood the techniques that will boost the mpg. I am now getting 36 on the highway and 45 mpg in the city which is the rated mpg advertised for this year and model. I am very happy with my Lincoln and hope to keep it for many years.

For C ity Driving

by Octagenerian from St.Pete, Fl | November 11, 2012

Bought a 2012 Kia Optima Hybrid in late Aprill After three fillups of premium, regular, and 90 nonethanol octane. I was averaging 25 mpg vs EPA rating of 35 city. Still the same results after 4100 miles. The KIa service manager said EPA was meaningless. In September I had an opportunity to dump the KOH for the 2011 MKZ Hybrid demo. First tankful I got 38.6 per gallon with in city driving (with air). I'm very pleased to having dumped that Kia lemon.

Excellent Value

by TexasSteven from DFW, TX | May 25, 2012

Firt hybrid, first Lincoln: Bought the car on recommendation of a friend who had one for nearly a year and raved about it. I second the motion! Comfort and convenience is outstanding (air conditioned seats are the best single feature, besides the hybrid technology), my mileage exceeds EPA figures, but I do drive it gently, using all the fuel economy management features of the car. I am driving more highway miles than anticipated (about 65% or total miles so far) but with 20K on the clock, my avg mpg over that figure has been 38.2 mpg. I have gotten as much as 45 mpg running around town. Even if I'm not careful, I routinely get 40 mpg avg per tank around town. That's 600 miles per 15 gallons purchased, people!

Awesome gas mpg

by commuter from Leominster, Ma. | August 11, 2011

For about the price of a prius you can have comfort style and space with a solid 41 mpgs! Black metallic paint and sport chrome package make this a beautiful car. No buyers regret here.

Comfortable Car with Nice Luxury Features

by godon from Wilmington, DE | August 7, 2011

I've driven the car for a little less than 600 miles and so far it has been a joy to drive because of its comfortable leather seats, luxurious, all-enveloping with its Sync electronics with its voice activation, satellite radio, hands-free phoning, quick A/C cooling, overall good looks and solid feel. Furthermore, that Candy Apple Red color has got to be the most beautiful shade of red that I've seen in a long time on a car although I'm noticimg more car models with it. Ford's use of a little more touches of chrome in the front grill, side mirrors, door handles, etc. plus the stunning chrome wheel covers give the exterior of the car that extra panache. What don't I like about it? The interior room could be roomier, particularly for a 6-foot driver like me since my head touches the edge of the moon roof, mileage so far is only in the 30 mpg average for city driving, but Ford says not to believe in the numbers too much during the first 1,000 miles, and finally, for a Lincoln, I'm very surprised that the hood doesn't have an air pressure open-assist that holds the hood up. The hood is pretty heavy and you have to struggle with a pole inside to attach to the underside of the hood to hold it open. Finally, for the money, the car could offer a little more, but as long as it remains reliable for many years, I'll be very happy that I purchased this model. It's size, however, is really more conducive to seating 4 and not 5, and the size of the trunk is quite small with only room for two suitcases due to the batteries that take away precious room and the lack of pass-thru seating due to its hybrid battery pack.

An excellent choice on my part.

by Doctor Hank from Washington, D.C. | May 12, 2011

I wanted an automobile that met three important factors: cost, economy, and technology. The MKZ Hybrid exceeded my very high expectations in every aspect. Driving this car delivers the pleasure that I have not experienced in owning luxury automobiles for over 50 years.

perfect answer

by hawjaw from Oregon | April 18, 2011

The Lincoln MKZ hybrid is the answer to someone who is looking for a luxury car that is extremely comfortable and gets 40 miles to the gallon. It is almost silent on the road,and with sync system you can drive and operate all features handsfree.

worth every dollar

by dan from independence,mo | March 8, 2011

by far the best lincoln made. monitoring you gas usage is easy and it helps you be more effieient. The jukebox is great! No more CD's to load. I do have to buy aftermartet mudflaps.