2011 Lincoln MKZ

Available in 2 styles:  2011 Lincoln MKZ 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

American Luxury with great CPO Value

by jrasero23 from Bronx, NY | May 1, 2014

The MKZ new is a tough sell because it's simply overpriced compared to other luxury brands, but since Lincoln looses upwards of 40% of value over the first 2 years you can grab an originally priced MKZ at $40k used/CPO for the price you would pay for a Honda. By no means is this a sports sedan like the Infiniti G37 but rather it's the American wannabe version of the Lexus ES. This means good but not great acceleration, soft supple ride, but not a car you want to accelerate when pushing through turns. The car is very quiet and you get very little road noise. Speaking of sound, while the base V6 engine is sufficient it doesn't have sweet growl like most competitors, but rather it comes off course and a little unrefined. What turned me on to Lincoln and the MKZ in general is the standard features you get, especially compared to the Germans that have simple things such as leather seats as optional. Speaking of leather the soft perforated bridge of weir leather is like a lounge charge and comes standard with heated and cool seats. Furthermore the seats have a distinct style the cushy headrests and classy contrasting colored trim. Other great standard features are heated mirrors, SYNC, backup sensor, fog lamps, power everything, and a 6 speed 263 HP V6 6 speed transmission with manual mode. I have the AWD version and it provides great traction and eliminates torque steer. The AWD MPG is rated as 17/24 or 19 combined. I have been getting 20 ish MPG, which is terrible but bellow an Infiniti G37 which get 18/25, but yet again the G37 takes premium fuel and the MKZ only needs regular. Rear of the MKZ is filled with the same fine wood and soft touch plastic and leather found in the front. Legroom in the back is adequate but the seats are a bit flat and lack thigh support. The trunk has a nice wide opening and has a cavernous flat area. Groceries to even a stroller will fit in the MKZ without any trouble. Styling is subjective but Lincoln seemed to have played it safe, maybe too safe by creating the MKZ to look very similar to the Ford Fusion. The two things Lincoln did to differentiate themselves from their Ford sister was to give the MKZ a grande handsome toothy grill and gave the back Lincoln's signature wide taillights with LED lights. The rear bumper is plain and Fusion esque and the sides are just plain and pedestrian. Overall a very good car. If your not looking for a sports car or even a sporty car the Lincoln is a great choice for those who want a luxurious comfortable ride.

best Car

by jd from louisville | November 18, 2013

This is my first Lincoln and is the nicest car for the money. the 3.5 v6 has great pickup. The car is quiet and confortable with very respnsive steering. You have a good feel for the road. I love the Sync work best if you have first and last names in your phone directory.

all around great car

by family man from | July 5, 2013

Searching for a car thru cars.com was very helpful as to value performance. I found a mkz in budget and condition.

Dealer Etiquette stinks!

by Ken from Wheaton, IL | March 19, 2013

I reconfirmed my appointment with Napelton LM in Blue Island and drove all the way down there only to find out they sold the car out from under me the day before! I doubt I'll be trying this again!

most value for money

by car snob from berkshires, western ma | March 17, 2013

I traded in a CTS for this vehicle. Lincoln puts GM to shame!!! CTS had cheap interior that didn't last and engine that started needing IV fluids at 100k. I have owned Fords and Chryslers in past that went over 200k with no problems. I look forward to same with this car. Looks sharp, handles like a dream and has all my creature comforts.

replacement

by long time lincoln owner from greenfield, in. | February 7, 2013

totaled my last car. found perfect replacement and best price at Cars.com Great comfort, milage, and handleing

MKZ surprises

by Thruxton1 from Novi, Mi | February 4, 2013

I am a long time GM owner. The MKZ is my first Ford product. The car is very quiet and refined. Ride and handling are nicely balanced. The steering is responsive with decent on center feel. Interior controls are well laid out and quite intuitive. Interior fit and finish are good with a refined character. Seats are comfortable. Overall I was surprised how good the car is. I believe magazine articles have under rated this car. I would recommend it as a nice family car.

GREAT "little" Lincoln

by Lincoln Lover from Scarsdale, New York | January 18, 2013

I recently downsized from a Town car to The MKZ and LOVE it. It's sporty, comfortable, and a pleasure to drive. The car has all the "bells and whistles" that a driver can want. Easy to learn technology and very user friendly. It took less than an hour for the dealer to aquaint me with all the features. The car rides like a dream is quiet and handles great. I LOVE the AWD in the snow which is a big change from the rear wheel Town car. An added plus was my salesman at White Plains Lincoln in Westchester, NY. Kevin Goodwin has been selling cars for decades and knows his stuff. He was low pressure and let the car sell itself. The MKZ in combination with White Plains Lincoln is TOPS.

This car rides so smooth and fast!!

by Philip from Alpharetta, GA | October 5, 2012

I have finally bought my first MKZ. I am so glad that I waited, because the 2011 body and interior are awesome. I traded in a 2010 F150, and a Harley, and actually got $5000 back on the deal. I could not be happier. I almost wish I had gotten the Hybrid, but the acceleration and power of this engine is great, and much better than the F150. Very pleased, and I have the 4 year, 50000 mile free maintenance.

Fantastic Automobile!

by JRMF150 from Asheville,NC | August 28, 2012

I have owned 5 other Lincolns before we bought the 2011 MKZ. This is the best of all! The styling, standard features,gas milage and creature comfort are beyond ridicule, this car is great. I just don't see where anyone could be dissapointed with this vehicle. My parents own a 1996 Lincoln Town Car and a 2008 MKZ and have had no problems with either car. Lincoln rules the luxury market as far as we are concerned.