2012 Lincoln MKZ

Available in 2 styles:  2012 Lincoln MKZ 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

Classic Chrome

by Loving Lincoln from | August 6, 2015

AWD with Classic Chrome, beautiful dash board, every luxury, cool and warm seats, I am so happy to have found this ride.

One of the best bangs for the buck used

by Joey C. from PA | February 2, 2015

I just bought a 2012 Base with Chrome package. Only had 19,000 miles on it and is cream puff. I love it. Considering what you can get these for off lease certified, its a great value you can't beat. Look, if you want a real nice ride with all the nice comfort features and you value reliability; don't reallyr care about the latest and greatest style, this car is for you. I'm a sales road warrior and this fits the bill,especially the wallet, pun intended. You won't come close to touching a mid size luxury Lexus, Audi, Infinity, Caddy or other etc. for what the MKZ gives you for the money. Is just a flat out fine used car for a great price.

Sweet ride for the money

by Big Brown from | December 31, 2014

This is a great car for the price. The luxury and performance compare to many other more expensive foreign vehicles I have owned. Very pleased with my purchase.

Close, but...

by Elwood from Minneapolis | October 2, 2014

One of the big selling points for this (2012 MKZ) was the outstanding reliability ratings. The car is quiet, smooth, and quick. I am a bit disappointed that I only get about 21mpg. My last car was a 14yo Grand Marquis with a V8. The GM got close to 20mpg and it was bigger, older, and had a larger engine. The seats are way too stiff for my tastes, but I do love that they are heated! Ergonomics is my biggest disappointment. I just can't get comfortable. Even at the lowest level the steering wheel is too high and it is at the wrong angle. The side bolsters on the seats hit the back of my arms when I make turns. This car has the navigation system and I love the back up camera! I really don't use the nav very often. Last year I drove through Indianapolis and it had me get off the freeway for about 6 miles which was a completely necessary detour. The audio features are more than adequate with satellite, HD radio, CD player, and a great "Juke Box". Unfortunately, the sound quality is sub-par. You would think with a car in this class that it would have more than just bass and treble adjustments! The sound is a bit to brassy while at the same time the bass is too boomy. Finally, this car seems to pull to the left. I took it in for an alignment and they happily re-aligned it for free. Unfortunately, it still pulls just a bit. I took it back and they said it was within specs and did nothing. That time they charged me $49. I miss my old Grand Marquis. THAT was the best car I ever owned!

Quite good except for transmission.

by Jack from Livermore, Ca. | May 6, 2014

Transmission frequently causes delayed acceleration at speeds from approximately 5 to 35 miles per hour.

We skipped the 2013 model because of the price. .

by Enjoy the often difficult "buying experience" from Plymouth Michigan | October 10, 2013

The entire buying experience was exceptional and we drove the vehicle we bought and also drove the 2013 vehicle. We love the styling inside and out, got the mfg warranty on this vehicle. The ride is quiet and the engine has power. The sound system is premium. We look forward to many more miles of trouble free driving in luxury. We loved the 2013 MKZ that we drove, but chose the 2012 because the price fit our budget better. The 2013 model would have gotten 5 starts.

Love my Lincoln

by Happy Lady from Evansville, IN | February 12, 2013

This is the first Lincoln I have owned.....I like everything about it! It is very comfortable to sit in and it handles very well on the road.

Suits us fine.

by Dave&Cathy from Midwest | February 7, 2013

An unususual purchase for us, at least for me. I decided on the 2012 MKZ for a couple of reasons: body style and better than average horsepower with liveable gas mileage. The 2013's are nice but I we were out to purchase a small luxury car, not a luxo-barge or a sporty car. A Classy one--a 4-door. The interior could be a little more appointed and it is marginally nicer than it's sister Fusion Titanium. The psuedo-spoiler on the '13 turned me off. I think a Lincoln looks out of place with a spoiler and with the larger V-6 and horsepower drawing a higher insurance premium. --- 300+ hp makes them nervous. Besides, it'll never see the sustained speed where the spoiler would be effective. The '13 is a beautiful car, don't get me wrong, but the '12 is still kind of boxy and classier-looking. We own a small pick-up and an older Mustang Cobra and this car kind of completes our ownerhip--a grocery-getter, a hotrod and a driver. As a retired couple it fits in perfectly. We love all 3.

Lincoln Towncar

by Grammy from Texas | October 15, 2012

This is one car I should not have purchased. It is hard to see traffic on the right side, the seats are not comfortable the heating and cooling features leave the seats very hard and uncomfortable on a long trip, the feature to adjust the mirrors are a small knob you twist and the trunk has no automatic closing feature, you grab a strap to pull it closed. This car cannot be classified as a luxury car in any terms. This is a disappointment since I have been driving Lincolns since 1985. I can say for sure this will be the last one if quality does not improve.

great car

by car lover from O'fallon, Mo | August 23, 2012

Just a very pleasant car to drive and ride in. Acceleration is great. Reasonable gas milage. Super quiet.