2014 Lincoln MKZ

22 city / 31–33 hwy

Overall

I love this car

by Fast Eddy from Miami, FL | January 28, 2016

I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Saab, Infinite, Lexus, well, you get the idea. This Lincoln is equal to or better than any of the foregoing in terms of value relative to cost. This is my third hybrid (Honda and Lexus were the others) and I get 44-45 mpg in winter (no AC) and 38 - 39 in summer with AC. Nothing has ever gone wrong with the automobile and it requires a simple oil change once per year. It has a four year bumper to bumper warranty and the dealership has been excellent. It has all the whistles and bells, including self-parking. I love design, both inside and out.

Excellent Car - with a few irritations

by Tarheel6521 from Southern Maryland | March 1, 2015

I bought my 2014 MKZ 2.0 on a "wild hair" when I had my 2012 Taurus in for service. I made this purchase in May 2014. I had the itch to trade and had researched the MKZ, E350 and BMW 5-Series in the previous weeks. After taking a two hour test drive I was sold! Plenty of power, comfortable, the MyTouch and Sync are better than what was in my Taurus. My irritations are with build quality - which I blame on Ford shipping their luxury car brand to Mexico. -Within the first week the lower plastic panel under the passenger side B pillar came loose. Easy fix at the dealer to put it back on. -Week three, an irritating squeak on the right side trunk lid support arm when closing. Dealer replaced the material surrounding the support arms on each side. -Within the first month there was a harmonic vibration coming from the driver's door locked indicating LED. This came at various volume levels with the THX sound system (more on the THX later). This resulted in the dealer replacing the entire LED housing - and they gave advice on balancing the fader, balance and equalizer controls. -Squeak in the upper back of the passenger seat. I will have this addressed at my next service. -Squeak in the passenger side seat belt retractor mechanism. This will be addressed at the next service interval. -There is a rattle underneath the car which sounds like part of the exhaust or break line is rattling against something underneath the car. Again - this will be checked on the next service interval. Those are the detractors on the MKZ. As this was the most expensive car I've ever bought or leased, I expect ZERO defects. I've owned Mercedes, Ford, Hyundai, Acura, VW and others. Only with VW did I have a number of service and mechanical issues. My MB and 2012 Taurus were perfect during my entire ownership experience. I expect the same from what was America's luxury car leader for so many years. While my dealership has been very understanding and accommodating - the fact remains they are left to clean up the issues caused by mother Ford/Lincoln by farming assembly to Mexico to save costs, but still charge a big price for their vehicles. Now, the good - acceleration is excellent with the Spanish built 2.0 Ecoboost engine. It doesn't scream when pushed. Handling is remarkable, breaking excellent, comfort phenomenal (not to the level of my 1979 MKV - but comfortable). The THX sound system is absolutely incredible. Set to surround mode, tunes from my iPod or CD is pristine even coming from the compressed audio formatting. The Sirius sound is okay - they could have done better with defining that quality. Once the current discrepancies are corrected, I hope I will not encounter any others. IF there are future build quality issues, that will determine my future with Lincoln and if I decide to buy this car at the end of the lease or if I will buy another MKZ. Gas mileage in city driving is 24 and highway (70-75 MPH) is 32 MPG. These numbers verified with manual calculations compared with the vehicle fuel economy computer (spot on, by the way). The car currently has 13,500 miles after 9 months of driving.

Great value for the money

by skykingtom from Winchester Va. | July 20, 2014

I traded my 2007 Lincoln for a new 2014 model, and the difference is great. I love the adaptive cruise, plus all of the numerous extras that this car has. I just wish it had included the auto stop feature.

AWESOME vehicle!!!

by Luv Lincoln from Warwick, RI | June 29, 2014

This is my 4th MKZ - the ride is incredibly comfortable. People have commented I am now driving a space ship due to sleek design. I highly recommend this car for its reliability and safety ratings.

Excellent overall

by Kurt from Lincoln,Ca | June 18, 2014

I replaced a 2011 E550 Class Mercedes with the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. After 6 months of ownership I can say I'm really impressed. My MKZ delivers a solid 42MPG combined on regular fuel. It is much quieter, much more comfortable far surpassing its competition. With over 9,000 miles it has been virtually problem free. I receive free oil changes, tire rotations and multi point checks at any ford dealer plus a free car wash to boot. The sound system (TDX) is amazing, coupled with the USB ports delivers great sound and variety from my Apple devices. In addition there is the ability to place music on any USB storage device and play them for literal hours of cordless music. Before making my purchase decision, my short list was made up of Lexus 350, Infinity Q50, Cadillac CTS, Mercedes E350 and besides the MKZ , I considered the BMW 5 series. In my opinion, the Lincoln won out in virtually every category. Excellent automobile, excellent value, reasonable performance.

Number 4

by Patsycats from Monee | May 24, 2014

This is my third MKZ following a Zephyr for a total of 4. I think that speaks for itself. Only car for me.

Most exciting and stylish Car I ever purchased

by Tetro from Somers, NY | March 27, 2014

This car is the one car that I look forward to driving. The Fusion model is fun and also challenging to ride. I enjoy monitoring the dashboard and making sure I'm driving efficiently. The Car itself is so nice to look at. The functions inside the car is just incredible! There are more options than I know about. I need to spend some time reading the manual. It's exciting to know that there are things in the car that I need to learn. Listen - I bought the 203A model - the one with all the options in it! I love the Sync option - just need to do more studying to see how to use it properly. The rear camera (never had before) is awesome - it has an option to see 6 inches from bumper - nice to get closer parking. I guess it is safe to say that I feel like a child with a new bike! LOVE driving it! I've only had the car for 11 days - so - reliability is hard to judge. First time I've owned a Ford product in over 25 years. I wanted to give the American Car Company a chance! Listen - I love the car and I loved the dealership I bought from. They treated me with respect and never tried to use their tactics to get more $ out of me! There are GREAT incentives and Rebates right now - I actually got this car for cheaper than the Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium model. AND I have a lot more benefits and options than that car! Easy decision! My kids love the heated seats in the back seat and I love the heated steering wheel - live in NY and this winter was a nightmare. I've been averaging 38 mpg and that is in 24 degree weather and with only 200 miles on the car. It will get better in the warmer weather and as the engine breaks in (claims 45 mpg). So - I'm happy and I think you should go see your local Lincoln dealer.

2014 MKZ 2.0

by Cstu93 from Louisville, KY | March 11, 2014

Please keep in mind two things when reading this. The first being I came from a Honda Civic, the second being that I am only 21. I was able to get a wonderful deal due to working at a Lincoln dealer. I fell in love with the lines of the car as soon as I saw it. I have received numerous compliments on the car and that is always a good feeling. I believe there are a few areas of improvement, as so for any new vehicle. Turbo lag is seldom but quit annoying at the time. I must say I find the seats very comfortable and gas mileage is averaging around 23 in the city and 28-32 on the highway. All in all it is a great looking and riding car. The 2.0 engine does a good job but leaves you wanting for a little more. I also find it odd all lights are LED except the puddle lights on your exterior mirrors.

Freedom to travel

by Everyday Women from Brighton, MI | March 8, 2014

This vehicle has fulfilled my desire for a great ride. I love driving, floating along the roads of the United States, where travelling from state to state without restriction its a great freedom! Having this freedom and experiencing it in my brand new Lincoln MKZ is a blessing from God and gift from my husband.

Wow!

by Rickg114 from Wayne, NJ | February 24, 2014

I owned a 2008 Mercury Milan and liked it but it always left me a little bit wanting and cramped. With that said I was really unsure about buying this car. However, the styling turned my head every time I saw one. Well I took the plunge and I am thrilled I did. I went full bore and got the big roof and the technology package with the v6. The car is a blast to drive in sport and can be as comfy as you want it by setting the ride to "comfort". Usually "normal" is just fine but playing in sport with the paddle shifters is a lot of fun. I have to say the build quality is excellent - quiet over the bumps, just the way I like it. I love turning heads when I park. Everyone wants to know what it is after they tell me they love the look of the car. Oh, I checked out the Cadillac CTS and the ATS. The CTS was beautiful but if you want anything in it, be prepared to spend 9,000 more than the MKZ. The ATS is just too small. The BMW is... well the BMW; very nice but not very distinctive for my tastes. Ditto on the Audi A4/A6. I love it!