2015 Lincoln MKZ

22 city / 31–33 hwy

Overall

All we expected

by James from Cypress, tx | June 18, 2016

Everything we were expecting and a lots more. Would highly recommend the MKZ BLACK. About to take it on a road trip, looking forward to a nice ride.

Great car with a couple of issues

by First American Car in 40 years from Madison, WI | September 22, 2015

Have bought Japanese cars for 40 years. Decided to test drive the Lincoln MKZ Reserve trim hybrid due to positive reviews, and bought one the next day. On the positive side the ride is exceptionally quiet and comfortable especially in the comfort mode setting, and for 2015 the optional $600 air bladder adjustable seats with dynamic massage (really!) are to die for. The interior is amazingly clean and uncluttered in a modern way, though not really upscale in the dash and console plastic used. Mileage is amazing for a larger car. I routinely average 40-41 mpg. all around...city or highway--it doesn't matter. Acceleration is fine for any normal driving.  It is a looker and a great choice for short or long trips.  We had our side and back windows tinted 35% transmittance which added considerably to the "look".  Love the 10 spoke alloy wheels with painted recesses--almost match the gray "luxe" finish. The rear seats both fold down offering great flexibility by opening a wide space into the trunk--although not a very high opening.  Remote power open and close trunk lid is a convenient feature. The locator horn beep and remote start will reach across any mall parking lot. 4 year warranty and 2 year included maintenance are attractive. Lincoln reliability reportedly has been excellent.  It's a definite must for a comparative test drive in the comfortable, high mpg, larger sedan category. Also tried the Toyota Avalon, but in the high end trim it has lost its way to the "European driving feel". Not really the quiet, comfortable, highway cruiser it used to be, and for me not as visually appealing.  Now for details on the negative: The optional THZ audio system delivers lots of power and lots of bass which will please many. The problem is that there is no perceivable stereo separation. The system is factory adjusted with the center front speaker(s) set so much louder relative to the right and left channels that it completely swamps out the stereo effect. So much so that you read about people disconnecting the center speaker or swapping out the side speakers with those with higher sensitivity in an effort to balance out the center speaker. Also keep in mind that satellite does NOT broadcast in surround sound to car radios. Neither does HD radio. Maybe some special DVD's or MP3 downloads can take advantage of the THX surround setting, but that's about it. Not worth the extra $1K in my opinion having tried both the standard and THX systems. The voice command nav is somewhat archaic compared to that offered by many smart phones. It is completely lost trying to find businesses that consist of a few unrelated letters like "RLL". Even has problems with short street names like "Tegg" if you don't also add the term street, lane, drive, or road after the name. Comes with that stupid air compressor and tire sealant rather than compact spare, but on the other hand you get roadside assistance for 4 years. i would call them before using that contraption.

Noise

by oggie from hot springs AR | September 19, 2015

I am driving my 4th town car and this car has enough road, wind and other noise to fill 4 lincoln 's that I have ever driven. I'm sorry buy I am very disappointed with the noise that that this car has. Thanks

Excellent Purchase

by Watson from | July 7, 2015

I'm a second time buyer from the Lincoln brand. I just traded in my 2011 Lincoln MKS to the much sporty looking 2015 Lincoln MKZ, WOW I'm so very happy, about this purchase. me and family just took a long road trip to upstate NY from NC and the ride was outstanding. The 2.0 ECO Boost was plenty of power going through the mountains in PA. I have a family of four and my son is 6'1. he was very comfortable in the rear. I get some many people that stop and ask what kind of vehicle is that, and once you mention Lincoln, the shock of Wow, it can't be a Lincoln. I think Lincoln has finallly got it right and reach out to the 30 and 40 and 50 year old crowd. GOOD JOB LINCOLN!!!!!!!!

Love this car

by joetraveler from Philly suburbs | May 29, 2015

This is my first Lincoln. It is a 2015 MKZ 2.0, and let me tell you this is a wonderful car. The styling is truly unique. From the waterfall grille to the fastback profile, it does not look like any other vehicle available today. I got the 2.0 ecoboost. The engine is extremely smooth and has more than enough power. The doors are heavy and close with a satisfying thunk. I love the touch controls which replace the knobs and buttons that most cars have. I like the push button shift also. The above mentioned features make for a clean and elegant interior. I can honestly say that I have absolutely no regrets in purchasing this car.

My New Baby

by Happy Grandma from TN | April 23, 2015

My MKZ purrs like a kitten, gets excellent gas mileage. There are many features on it I haven't used yet. I'm anxious to take it on an extended road trip.

Return Lincoln Owner

by Lincoln Only! from Georgia | March 30, 2015

The MKZ is a great car. My first Lincoln purchase was the 2004 Town Car. Just like the town car, the MKZ does not disappoint. The comments about the cabin are a bit of unfair. If you are familiar with Lincoln quality, you know that regardless of which package you choose, you still get true luxury. The headlights make an immediate statement as you approach the road. It's sleek body and attractive rear end catches the eye of most. This is one sexy car. I waited 11 years to purchase another Lincoln. You will be as happy as I am, once you take the test drive. The turbo boost is amazing, while you hear absolute silence in the cabin. The technology is not as complicated as it has been reported. Anyone can become familiar with the technology, after having practiced for a few. If you still love Lincoln and are being shied away , because of the "fusion" comments and the technology, don't. It's a great car for the price of quality and longevity. Lincoln still reigns.

Fantastic piece of automotive engineering!

by Repeat Customer from Dallas, TX | January 19, 2015

I am a repeat Lincoln customer. I purchased my 2015 MKZ new - traded my 2007 MKZ. I've previously owned cars manufactured by Lexus, Audi and Volvo. I feel the new face of Lincoln encompasses all the positive attributes that lead me to purchase the previous makes. Lexus quiet, Audi performance, Volvo safety. What more could you ask for in a premium sedan?

Great car for the money

by aball72 from Gilbert, AZ | September 18, 2014

I went from an Infinity G37 to the new Lincoln MKZ. The back seat has a bit more leg room which is nice. The engine (3.7 L) is very similar in HP and torque, but runs on regular rather than premium which again is a bonus. I have had it for two months and am quite pleased with it so far. My only complaint is that with the 3.7 liter engine, the gas tank is a bit small and I have to fill up every 270 miles. Most cars have a range of around 400 miles.