The Lincoln MKZ midsize sedan shares its platform with the Ford Fusion but has different styling and unique features, including an automatic transmission operated by five dashboard buttons instead of a shift lever. It is available with front- or all-wheel drive and with a turbocharged four-cylinder or V-6 engine. A hybrid version is also offered. Competitors include the Acura TLX and Lexus ES.
(Skip to details on the: MKZ Hybrid)
New for 2015
An embedded 3G cellular connection lets the MKZ work with the MyLincoln Mobile smartphone app. The app lets you do things like remotely lock the car, schedule remote starts and check the fuel level.
Below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- 18-inch alloy wheels; 19-inch wheels available
- LED headlamps
- LED taillights
- Available retracting panoramic roof
- Available rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Sync and MyLincoln Touch with 8-inch screen
- Heated front seats; available ventilated front seats
- Available navigation system
- Available heated rear seats and steering wheel
- Available THX II-certified premium stereo
Under the Hood
- 240-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine
- Available 300-hp, 3.7-liter V-6
- Six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters
- Front-wheel drive; available all-wheel drive
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Eight airbags
- Backup camera
- Available blind spot warning system with rear cross-traffic alert
- Available inflatable rear seat belts
- Rear parking sensors; front parking sensors available
The MKZ Hybrid uses a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor powered by lithium-ion batteries and a continuously variable automatic transmission. The MKZ Hybrid gets an EPA-estimated 41 mpg in city driving and 39 mpg on the highway for a combined rating of 40 mpg.
- Front-wheel drive
- Total system output of 188 hp
- Same starting price as gas-only MKZ
- Similar standard and available features as regular MKZ