2003 Lincoln Navigator

Available in 6 styles:  2003 Lincoln Navigator 4x4 shown

Overall

Never again - Money Pit

by az99 from Arizona | September 20, 2013

Bought this car in 2009. It only had 67k miles on it and I thought I was getting a great deal. Within 6 months the A/C went out completely. Spent $1000 fixing the A/C. Next summer A/C out again. Spent $1500 at a different shop (highly recommended for A/C work in my town). After three attempts they got the A/C working. Next season - out again. Currently it has no A/C and I'm not spending another dime on A/C work. Next, one of the air struts died. I could either spend $500 on one air strut or $700 for coil kit. I went for the kit. Now it has coil suspension for all four wheels. Starter was replaced last year. Right now it badly needs breaks. Front window regulator died (window falls down now). CD player died. Numerous Electronics failures. The only thing I haven't had problems with on this car is the engine. However, all the other problems have cost me about $4000 in 4 years. That doesn't count the gas I'm spending on 9-10 MPG. I will never buy another Lincoln and I probably will avoid Ford altogether.

LINCOLN NAVIGATOR 2003

by HANNIBAL from Mississippi | April 2, 2012

Great vehicle for confort and room. Not good on gas milleage. Other than that it's good. Smoothest ride there is. very stylish.

You Get More In A Lincoln

by Value Buyer from Dallas TX | April 2, 2011

1st was sandwiched, hi-speed, totaled. 5* crash rating we walked away! 2nd Nav still runs great w/180K miles, no major repairs. Most comfortable car we've ever had! Escaldes PALE by comparison!! Honda's & Toyota's seats too hard, uncomfy for long trips. Nav's are like riding on air & sitting in Memory foam. PERFECT car for long trips or w/kids esp if u have DVD/ Entertmnt syst. EXCELLENT cargo rm, more than any other SUV. 2nd & 3rd row lay flat. 14/18mpg. All 3 rows seating have excel leg, hip, head, shoulder rm. Everybody has rm. Nav's R total luxury, loads of amenities. U can't beat this car!!!

Excellent for family

by me from Lake Charles, La | January 12, 2011

I have a 2003 Navigator. I love it. Most comfortable ride I have ever owned. Spacious for the kiddos. And safe. I got in a wreck. I pulled out in front of someone doing about 60mph. My gator did not budge. Hardly any damage to me but totalled the other guy. That is when I realized just how well built these suv's are. I will recommend a Navigator all day long. Of course it has a few kinks but overall great ride and quality. Even the mpg wasn't as bad as you would think. I get about 15 in town and 19 hwy.

Comfortable but Not Reliable

by Goose from Fort Lauderdale Florida | February 21, 2010

I have owned 5 Lincoln Navigators and I can say without hesitation that the newer models are far less reliable than the older models. The 2001 model was especially excellent and could operate at least 250,000 miles without a major failure. The 2003 model year was an awful product with more electrical problems than I care to remember but my wallet remembers. The most failure prone components are all things electrical with special failure rates on the air bag suspension ($1,500 Repair), Electronic control module ($900 Repair), and the electronic dash which requires a computer as well ($700 Repair). I loved all of my Navigators for interior space and comfort though and they are not bad in braking or emergency maneuvers for such a huge vehicle. I think it is time now to look at Toyota Sequoia as my new large SUV of choice.

2nd Navigator

by JWM from Louisville, KY | July 2, 2009

This is the second Navigator I've owned. First I owned a 2000 and now a 2003. I've loved them both and they keep getting better.

the best

by phil_J from | November 6, 2008

when i got my first car it was a mazda 626 and i was looking for a brand new start and let me tell you i found it. everything that i needed(car wise) was in the nav tv,navagation,sunroof .ect.but i dont have any kids yet but i still love the fact that if people want to ride with me they wont be packed together

Amazing Luxury SUV!!

by SUV Enthusiast from Canada, ON | April 10, 2008

I owned an escalade before the navigator. I thought I was crazy for trading in my 2003 Cadillac Escalade, because it was the ultimate SUV, or so I thought... I was CLEARLY WRONG! The Navigator was bought brand new from the dealer in 2003, I bought the escalade at the beginning of the year and the Nav near the end. I immediately fell in love when I saw the exterior and options available exterior and interior wise. The interior has a more modern look to it than the escalade and has better quality products used, except for the plastics. The nav system is better, overall look is better inside and out, options are WAY better. The cadillac was nothing compared to this, why did I buy an escalade before buying this yaght of an SUV. The escalade was more maintenance, and it drove incredibly horrible compared to the navigator. The Navigator is a rebadged ford but the escalade is just a rebadged chevy... atleast the navigator has different and luxurious parts compared to the expedition.. the escalade is the same as a denali or tahoe. I am glad I bought this truck, the entertainment, comfort, driving like a sedan is amazing! I absolutely love this luxury plane and I am glad I invested into it back in 2003. I think the 2003 navigator beats a 2008 escalade in looks too, but thats a personal opinion. This may seem biased, but it is my own opinion, I favour both SUVs, but the navigator is a winner in my book. All I can say is, it is worth the buy.

I love my Lincoln

by Grandmother of Seven! from Williamstown NJ | January 15, 2008

This is the 2nd navigator that I have owned. I love how it handles and it drives so nicely. I am not good with directions, so having the gps navigator control is nice. If I am lost I just hit home. and off I go. There are only two things I could say that I don't like about this Navigator. Thats the controls for the windows are in the middle and thats so not user friendly. The other is the CD player and the map discs for the navigator gps are in the same place. I just love the vechicle.

worst vehicle ever owned

by Rick from Rochester, NY | November 10, 2007

I purchased tjhis fehicle in 2004 this was a demo with 14,000 miles I only use this vehice to tow a trailer and on weekend pue to poor gas milage. When purrchased this vehicle I inquired the towing rating and was toled it will tow up to 8,600lg. My trailer is 7,000 Lb First trup to mts hardle would go up hill but as I only travel once a year no big deal. this year March 2007 with only 50,000 had to replace the alternator and when hocking up trailer the air suspenson went cost $3000 to fix traded for a new GMC truck this is a very poor vehicle for the money.

Featured Services for this Lincoln Navigator