1992 Lincoln Town Car

Information Coming Soon

Overall

The Best Of The Best

by Goldberg from | November 1, 2010

I have owned a Town Car since 92. I remember getting into an accident and NOTHING happened to my car and I was totally fine. I love this car because it has saved my life before and tought me how to drive. If I could purchase another Town Car I would in a flash!

Grew up with car.

by College kid remembering the past from louisville, Ky | November 23, 2009

I am now a senior in college and every time I see these big old boats I am reminded of my child hood. My parent purchased a 92 town car with 10,000mi on it in 93 and we all fell in love with it. It was one of the most reliable cars we owned, it even beat out our 97 Expedition that we purchased brand new. This car was simply built extremely well. We drove it on several vacation and even when I started driving several years later we trusted it to take us on far road trips and getting us back safely. I learned how to drive in this boat and I'm very glad I got to. I now feel I can drive any size car with ease, such as my father 03 f-350 dually. The car is fairly easy to drive (except parking) and very comfortable. Just with any car we had a few complaints. Lincoln seemed to miss a few important parts. Although a good interstate cruiser, driving the car on back country roads can be a nerve racking task, something lincoln didn't fix until the new body style. There has been a few times we have lost control of the vehicle and luckily either regained control or ending up beside a ditch. Lincoln also failed to equip the car with a adequate breaking system. The V8 does a good job getting the heavy sedan going but panic stops are long and dramatic and even with the ability to steer with the ABS the poor handling hinders the safety feature. Changing driving habits when driving the car corrected the issue. Other than that its still a great car. Another thing that might attract buyer is the fact that this car is extremely safe and built like a tank. The car as been rear ended twice totaling a Camry leaving our car with a damage bumper. Sadly the car was totaled after 12 years. It saved my mom and her friends life after sliding on ice and hitting a guardrail at 65mph. The airbags deployed and the insurance company told us it would be to much money to replace them.

Reliable Dream Ride

by Lincoln Lover from Sullivan County New York | November 6, 2009

We've had all types of vehicles, but look forward to every Spring when we uncover the 92 Town Car Executive and put new plates on it. The ride and relaiability are exceptional. It's in the shop far less than our other vehicles have been, and the ride is the smoothest, even with the conversion shocks and coil spings in the rear, which replaced the air ride. The best part is, a car this size getting 20 to 26 miles per gallon, depending on how you drive it. It's a shiny maroon head turner. The Executive has no fabric top to weather and fall apart. The 1992 body is the best looking of the series. Beige leather inside.

Featured Services for this Lincoln Town Car