2011 Lincoln Town Car

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Excellent CHoice

by Comfort from Washington | June 23, 2013

Due to an auto accident that totaled my wife's vehicle, we decided we needed another large quality vehicle. The 2011 Town Car fit the bill exactly. We got a great deal: a 2011 Signature Limited Lincoln Town car with less than 30,000 miles and a full warranty of 6 years or 100,000 miles for less than expected for such a quality luxury car. The vehicle is immaculate inside and out. We are very happy with our choice.

No Air Ride

by MaxPayne103 from | January 7, 2013

Ford has decided to eliminate Town Car air suspension system. Town Cars with the exception of the L series, are without the air rides. They will never tell you this, so be aware. I purchased my lincoln and my transmission failure occured just 5 months after driving off the lot. Since 2011 was the last year of production for the town cars it seems to be that they didn't care how they put it together or lack of putting it together. not recommend at all.

Last of the large lincoln town cars

by Sue from North Fort Myers, Florida | December 17, 2012

I purchased my 2011 Lincoln Town Car in November, from Velde Ford in Vero Beach, Florida. I am very happy that I found the light blue color that I wanted!!

Comfortable and lazy car

by Limousine enthusiast ;) from Chicago | December 12, 2012

Well nothing surprising really about the car. It is very comfortable, very slow and heavy, very good highway MPG 26 and bad city MPG 15. It has nothing more than essentials and probably not such a bad thing. The trunk is huge. The interior and outside panels have huge gaps in between and look like the car was made 20 years ago which is not far from the truth in reality. Oh well it has that dinosaur feel but is ok I enjoy the car very much when I just want to cruise and have my mind relax.

Classic

by Possum from NC | December 9, 2012

There is not a lot of sense rating the Town Car since after 2011 Lincoln will not be making them anymore BUT if you have an opportunity to get a private used one, DO IT! Wonderful car!

found my car

by joe from Monticello, GA | September 6, 2012

I had a older towncar and wanted to updated before they were off the market. I got luckly and found a 2011 with 2700 miles on it.

solid beautiful care

by arizonalion from gilbert, Az. | May 27, 2012

The lincoln town car is a classic luxury car. It has a smooth ride and is especially great on the freeways. It is also good to carry 4 comfortably. The trunk is large and can carry anything. Those small tinny asian cars fall apart so easily and I don't see them as being safe. One should be able to get 150,000 to 200,000 with a town car. Your talking 10 to 15 years of use.

A Very Comfy Sedan

by Parrots from Allen, Texas | February 27, 2012

The Lincoln Town Car is certainly a dinosaur of sort. It has been for a long time, and has now ceased production. It is, however, a very plush, comfortable, and good looking dinosaur. I tested the Town Car on a trip in Washington State. My first impression when my father drove it off the rental car lot was that it's huge. There is plenty of space to stretch out on the big, soft leather seats. Not only that, but the ride was so incredibly smooth. It soaked up parking lot speed bumps like a sponge would soak up water. Once you're on the highway, the interior noise level never gets high. It's all hushed. When it comes to passing though, that's when things get a little worse. The 4.6 liter eight cylinder engine, though just as smooth as the ride, is not powerful. Part of the reason is that the engine is really old, and Ford has neglected to update it. I mean, it still has two valves per cylinder! The other part is the four speed automatic transmission, which pales in comparison with the eight speed automatics of today. One thing I noticed was that the engine hated going over 3000 rpm. If you press the gas pedal from a stop light, the tachometer swings to about 3000 and hits a wall. Unless you really floor the thing, that's about how much work the motor wants to do. The good news is that once you do get over the theoretical wall, the car pulls forward more authoritatively. The exhaust note also makes a sudden switch from a muted growl to a louder growl. Not helping the unwilling acceleration's case is that gas mileage is rated at an EPA estimated 15/23 miles per gallon. My father got about 21-22 miles per gallon on average with mixed highway/mountain road driving. Handling is not a strong point of this car either. Like the interior, the exterior is giant as well, being nearly as long as a Suburban. It rolled through Mount Rainier, and you don't need to be the driver to feel how nonathletic this boat of a car is. Another low point that I thought could use some improving was the interior quality. Sure, the leather looked nice and there was wood trim around the door panels, but the wood is fake, the plastics are mostly hard, and the silver trim makes itself obvious that it is plastic. You can see the plastic graining if you look close enough, which I think is unacceptable for a car at this price range. The radio system was fairly antique as well. There's AM/FM, a CD player, and that's it. There is no Bluetooth streaming, USB input, or even an auxiliary jack. The mute button is nice when you have a phone call. Overall, I was still impressed with the dinosaur in the house. While it is certainly past it's prime, the Town Car has a lot to offer. Reliability is great, too, having been on the market for a while unchanged. It doesn't offer prodigious amounts of power, or decent handling, but the Town Car shows a different era of automobiles with a lot of mass, quiet operation, and a buttery ride. I tried to get my parents to get a used one, but they just don't want to spend the gas money on this car.

Most luxurious car

by The Bugatti veyron driver from Nova-Scotia | July 15, 2011

This is one of the best cars used for limosine and it is a realy comfotable car. The only problem is that you have to spend alot of money to fix this car.

Bittersweet Experience/End of an Era

by RWD Guy from Trenton, NJ | June 22, 2011

I will keep my 2011 Lincoln Town Car for many years to come. There are far better cars out there and I am saddened by the thought of seeing this last of the RWD Lincoln sedans riding off into the sunset this coming fall. I am disappointed that the car will go out without any fanfare whatsoever. Aside from a "Continental Package" and a long wheel-base model (for fleet orders) there is little to differentiate your Town Car from the hundreds, maybe thousands in NYC or wherever you encounter one, aside from color (what few there are inside and out) to choose from. No vinyl top option, no navigation system available, no longer a factory sunroof, no new colors inside or out, no real (or even fake) wire wheels, no choice of engine. The TC has a majestic ride. Nothing special, except that it is the end of an era. I only wish Ford had made much needed changes along the way, including those on my "wish list" above. I would not part with my Town Car, but cannot recommend it with its poor lateral support, horrible handling, less room than you would expect, secondary to a failed attempt on space utilization. I will move from Lincoln to Chrysler for future car needs. The new Chrysler 300C is everything a large car owner could ever want. However, my 2011 Town Car will be stored and brought out for special events, like my granddaughter's wedding and to show the grandchildren what a classic American car was like in days gone by.

Featured Services for this Lincoln Town Car