2006 Lotus Elise

24 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Amazing Little Car!!

by CW from Northern VA | January 3, 2014

This car is the best bang for your buck... It drives like a car 2-5 times the price; Handles Great; Accelerates quickly... It even gets great gas mileage. Small and easy to maneuver; Just a great all around sports car!!

A must own sports car

by Clutchplate from San Jose | June 12, 2011

It's this simple...if you love cars, you simply need to own one of these at least once in your life. This is a small exotic with remarkable handling characteristics, plenty of power even in its base form, and a connection to the road like nothing else. Mine's been trouble free except for minor interior noises, but once you hit your first apex, who cares. Best part is if you find a used, clean car, you can own one for a few years for next to nothing providing you're easy on the miles.

The best handling production car

by Netviper from | April 4, 2011

You simply have to drive one to understand. At 6'3" I have daily driven one for several years, so don't believe it when people say they are too small for big drivers. Getting in and out takes some practice, but after a week, you are used to it and once you get in it has more room than most sports cars. I don't fit in a Viper, but I can get in this with a helmet on and/or drive comfortably for hours on end. Great car!

Great performance!

by quimna from CA, SB | July 22, 2010

i love this car! it is my second Elise and i have yet to be disappointed with it, now the dealerships network is terrible!

Wicked fast

by I can't drive 55 from Midwest | July 26, 2008

I have owned one for a month or so and love it. Everything about the car is there for a reason. It does have a radio but I didn't even turn it on for the first three days. It is fast straight line and even faster on the curves. Turns heads wherever you go. The getting in/out takes a bit of practice but worth the effort. Yes, it is loud, stiff and slightly lacking in creature comforts but I wasn't looking for a Cadillac ride when I bought it. It is a beautiful purpose built vehicle that performs amazingly well.

Lotus 2006 Elise: Expectation vs. Inspection

by Lotus Connosiuer from Keller, TX | November 23, 2006

This car turns heads and handles like a dream, but lacks the aminities that most would desire when paying upwards of $50,000 (Navigation, automatic transmission, power steering ,heads up display, etc.). Fuel economy is great. The trunk space is miniscule. However, the aesthetic external beauty and race car performance makes every car enthusiast tip their hat to the reborn British phenomenon, the 2006 Lotus Elise.

Beautiful Work of Art

by Fate from Pembroke, NH | November 14, 2006

Beautiful handling, excellent outside design, if you want to turn heads while driving down the road or highway this is the car for you. Pretty reliable sports car too. This is one of the greatest cars i have ever owned.

After one year...

by tomdfw1 from Dallas, TX | August 8, 2006

This car is EXCELLENT for what it is. It is a street legal performance race car. It is not a family hauler. If you are into performance and exclusivity, this car is for you. There is not a better handling/braking car made...period! To make this claim at under 50,000 is incredible value. It runs fast and sounds great. It looks like 100k car and I continually get people surrounding the car asking what it is and guessing it to cost over 100k. I have not had a single problem with the car, except for the soft top trim which was replaced under warranty. It is small...but it is light. Ohhh, it also gets great gas mileage and I drive it for the most part as my daily driver. I would recommend this car to any performance minded car enthusiast. For the money you will not find anything even close to it.

Hoped it was a little Lamborgini.

by Love it; But it's a lemon from Florida | May 24, 2006

I love the Elise; and would have difficulty finding a car in it's price range, that I would rather have. However, in the year and 15,000 miles I have owned it; I have had multiple mechanical problems with it. Having problems with a new car; especially one that is in it's first year of prodution, is to be expected. However, when those problems have been worked on 3-4 times, and still have not been fixed; I begin to get concerned! I have talked to my dealership and Lotus several times, regarding my concerns. Unfortunately, thier primary response has been "What do you expect from a sports car?" and "These problems are inherent with all the Elises.". My response to them was "Other comparable sports car do not seem to have all these problems." and "If these problems are inherent to all Elises; then all of them should be fixed.". Ultimately, I informed my dealer and Lotus; that I felt my car qualified as a lemon, and requested a new car. Lotus' response was; that I could keep bringing the car back for repairs (to work on the same problems, that 3-4 previous attempts have not fixed) or I could hire an attorney! What is most disconcerting; is that on more than one occasion, Lotus' regional representative has admitted that Lotus was aware of some of the problems I have encountered, and felt that they were an acceptable trade off for performance. My concern is, if I am having these very noticable on-going problems now; what other current and/or future problems are present but unnoticable? Just for the record; I have not been rough on my car, it has never been on the track, and I service it religiously!

Featured Services for this Lotus Elise