The GranTurismo is a four-seat grand touring coupe with V-8 power. It replaced the aging Maserati Coupe, which first hit the road as a 2002 model. A high-performance S version is available. The GranTurismo competes with the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Jaguar XKR and Mercedes-Benz CL550.
(Skip to details on the: GranTurismo S)
New for 2009
The high-performance S Automatic trim features a new six-speed automatic transmission that's claimed to make the GranTurismo a more comfortable daily driver than it was with the previous automatic.
Maserati teamed with Italian design company Pininfarina to style the GranTurismo. The car features a wide oval grille, a long nose and a short rear. It sits low to the ground and has a very sleek profile overall.
- 19-inch wheels; 20-inch wheels available on base, standard on S
- Three air inlets behind front fender
- Rear LED taillights have 96 LEDs
- Grille features vertical concave slats
- Chrome exhaust tailpipes
- Adaptive bi-xenon headlights
- Optional colors for brake calipers: yellow, silver, blue, titanium and red
Maserati cloaks the interior in high-quality leather and wood, and puts chrome accents on the dashboard. There's seating for four people; Maserati says two adults fit comfortably in the backseat.
- Navigation system with 7-inch screen features 30GB hard drive for storing music
- Bose audio system with available USB input
- Rear parking sensors standard, front sensors optional
- Numerous interior material options, including Alcantara headliner and wood trim
Under the Hood
Maserati says the GranTurismo can accelerate from zero to 62 mph in 5.2 seconds and reach a top speed of 177 mph.
- 405-horsepower, 4.2-liter V-8 with 339 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with four operating modes and paddle shifters
- Skyhook suspension automatically adjusts shock-absorber firmness for different driving and road conditions; suspension will adjust on the fly to keep the front end from diving under braking and the rear end from squatting during acceleration
If the regular GranTurismo isn't exotic or fast enough for you, the GranTurismo S serves as a high-performance version featuring more power, bigger brakes and exterior modifications to increase performance.
- 433-hp, 4.7-liter V-8 with 361 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission differs from base GranTurismo's in a way meant to provide better daily drivability
- Side and rear-lip spoilers add balance through aerodynamics
- 20-inch wheels feature seven-spoke design
- Blacked-out grille
- Interior upholstered in leather and Alcantara
Back to top