2008 Maserati Quattroporte

12 city / 18 hwy

Overall

WHAT I'VE BEEN MISSING!

by Jhinsky from San Frnacisco, CA | May 20, 2015

This is my second Quattroporte; the first was an '83 and an entirely different animal. Originally I had decided to purchase a Bentley Turbo Arnage this time around, and had already selected a lovely, low-mileage example with an amazing interior and exterior, and performance that was, well, shattering considering its mass. Luxury and performance... Then I saw an ad for a silver 2008 QP GT-S. I thought, why not? When I went to test drive the silver QP, there was also a black one on the floor. I opened the door and was stunned by the black suede/leather interior with red stitching! I never gave the silver car another glance, despite its lower mileage at the same price. This automobile had presence. The test drive sold me. I came back with a huge grin on my face that has not dimmed in my mere one week of ownership. This is the most competent, stylish sedan that I have ever owned, and I've owned 43 new and vintage cars in the last 47 years. The QP GT-S is quick. It can be driven in fully-automatic mode just like an old Buick, or it can be slipped into SPORT mode and manually paddle-shifted like an F1 car, and the acceleration will make your eyes go wide and your palms sweat. The huge 6-piston Brembo brakes and dual-metal discs haul the GT-S down from 70 MPH in 109 feet, which is Ferrari sports coupe territory. The interior and controls embrace all the bells and whistles that you would expect from a sedan of this pedigree--dual-zone A/C, moonroof, carbon fiber instead of wood trim, fully integrated media system, great instrumentation and fabulously comfortable, individually-adjustable bucket seats in all four corners. I almost forgot the 20" wheels and tires which are standard equipment on the GT-S. Driving this car is one incredible experience! It performs without any compromise or hesitation; does whatever you ask of it in terms of stopping and going. Period. No hesitation. No muss or fuss. The GT-S has a more strident exhaust note and a straighter exhaust routing than the other trim levels of the QP. The Ferrari-Built 4.2 liter engine is the sweetest-sounding V8 ever fitted in a 4-door sedan. I look forward to starting it every other day. No, I don't drive it every day. Anticipation is a good portion of the sweetness of ownership. I was going to trade in my Jaguar XJ8 VDP, but I'm keeping it for contrast. Two notably excellent automobiles, as different as chalk and cheese. The Jaguar is, as is said, pace, space, and grace. A refined, soft-spoken Austin Reed-clad friend. But the QP? It's an outlaw in a Versace tuxedo.

Beautiful Car

by Masi in TO from | December 9, 2012

This is a gorgeous vehicle, well performing but slightly haunted like my Aston when it comes to electronics. It is a delight to drive and I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates fine italian styling. Very comfortable and the sound is so Ferrari.

Most fun car I have so far

by Car guy from Washington | July 23, 2012

Didn't know what I was missing until I drove one of these. Feels like you are wrapped in a fine leather coat while driving. My E55 felt like a park bench next to a chemical plant, totally smelled like plastic inside. Don't really miss the supercharged engine either. The QP has enough power to pull out in traffic and cruise in comfort. Only issue is all the people staring at you on the freeway, feels kinda creepy. Also every Honda/Hyundi/Kia in the land will want to race you off the light ;-)

Good Car

by Cody from Houston, Tx | April 9, 2012

The car I purchased was a one owner with 72,000 miles and in perfect condition. I have the Sport GTS model and it rides slightly on the rough side but I love. I came from a lowered c6 z06 so I am used to stiffer cars. The power is not bad. All around a fun car to drive. The car draws a lot of attention...more than I would like honestly. I would recommend this car to friends and family.

Best luxury saloon car

by Maserati in Seattle from Seattle, WA | January 10, 2012

This thing has it all. Comfort, performance, looks and style. It is the best luxury automobile I have ever driven. Better than BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc... and it is rare... you wont find many in your neighborhood...

quattroporte

by kal from queens,ny | October 18, 2009

awsome fast james bond car stops people in tracks when seen people cheer to stop for closer look and i live in ny can you believe it hold five people roomy blows away 550 mb

Featured Services for this Maserati Quattroporte