The five-seat Maserati Quattroporte is a full-size four-door luxury sedan. Designed by Italy's Pininfarina design studio, the rear-wheel-drive Quattroporte is available in standard S form or as a Sport GT S model. The Quattroporte competes with the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
New for 2012
The base sedan and its 400-horsepower, 4.2-liter V-8 have been discontinued, leaving the S and Sport GT S with a 4.7-liter V-8 engine.
Maserati styling cues include a long hood and trident badging. The grille features prominently spaced bars, and LED daytime running lights run along the bottom of the headlamp clusters. The taillamps also have LED treatments. Exterior features include:
- 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Auto-dimming power heated side mirrors
- Chrome-plated grille and exhaust
- Adaptive headlamps
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Sport GT S has larger air intakes
Five people can fit inside the luxurious Quattroporte, where handcrafted leather complements the premium wood trim. Interior features include:
- Real wood and chrome accents
- Optional Alcantara simulated-suede headliner
- Heated front seats standard; heated rear seats optional
- Automatic dual-zone air conditioning
- Refrigerated cool box
- Sport GT S has TitanTex accents — aluminum-coated fabric made from titanium fibers
Under the Hood
The Quattroporte is powered by a 4.7-liter V-8 that makes 425 hp in the S model and 433 hp in the Sport GT S. Both team with a six-speed automatic transmission that allows manual shifts using paddles on the steering column.
The Quattroporte S has Brembo-brand brakes and a Skyhook sport suspension, which features various damping settings. The Quattroporte S can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in a little over 5 seconds, while the Quattroporte Sport GT S takes around 5 seconds flat. Mechanical features include:
- 425-hp, 4.7-liter V-8 with 361 pounds-feet of torque (S)
- 433-hp, 4.7-liter V-8 with 361 pounds-feet of torque (Sport GT S)
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Performance transmission tuning with launch control (Sport GT S)
Safety features include:
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Traction control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Maserati Quattroporte.
Asking Price Range