The five-seat Maserati Quattroporte is a full-size four-door luxury sedan. Designed by Italy's Pininfarina design studio, the rear-wheel-drive Quattroporte is available in standard S form or as a Sport GTS model. The Quattroporte competes with the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
New for 2013
The 4.7-liter V-8 engine that powers the S and Sport GTS gets a slight power bump for 2013 and is now rated at 434 horsepower and 444 hp, respectively.
ExteriorMaserati styling cues include a long hood and trident badging. The grille features prominently spaced bars, and LED daytime running lights run along the bottom of the headlamp clusters. The taillamps also have LED treatments. Exterior features include:
- 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Auto-dimming power heated side mirrors
- Chrome-plated grille and exhaust
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Sport GTS has larger air intakes
Five people can fit inside the luxurious Quattroporte, where handcrafted leather complements the premium wood trim. Interior features include:
- Real wood and chrome accents
- Optional Alcantara simulated-suede headliner
- Heated front seats standard; heated rear seats optional
- Automatic dual-zone air conditioning
- Sport GTS has TitanTex accents — aluminum-coated fabric made from titanium fibers
Under the Hood
The Quattroporte is powered by a 4.7-liter V-8 that makes 434 hp in the S model and 444 hp in the Sport GTS. Both team with a six-speed automatic transmission that allows manual shifts using paddles on the steering column.
The Quattroporte S has Brembo-brand brakes and a Skyhook sport suspension, which features various damping settings. The Quattroporte S can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in a little over 5 seconds, while the Quattroporte Sport GTS takes a little less than 5 seconds. Mechanical features include:
- 434-hp, 4.7-liter V-8 (S)
- 444-hp, 4.7-liter V-8 (Sport GTS)
- Performance transmission tuning with launch control (Sport GTS)
SafetySafety features include:
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Traction control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Maserati Quattroporte.