2014 Maserati Quattroporte

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Sadly, a huge disappointment

by That Car Guy from Houston, Texas | February 16, 2014

When I purchased my Quattroporte GTS a few months back, I was just excited and really looking forward into enjoying this beauty. But unfortunately, it didn't go that way. The good things that I really liked were the powerful V8 Ferrari engine, and that beautiful, aggressive exhaust sound it made. Also, the seats were very plush and comfortable. Now the bad things. The exterior, at first it looked great, but the more I drove, it kept looking more generic. For example, when I park next to my Infiniti M56, both front ends look similar, but worse yet, was the rear end, when I parked next to a 2014 Chevy Impala, I was just shocked on how extremely similar they looked alike. The interior, is probably the worst of it all. Now I knew that there was gonna be some parts from Chrysler (since Fiat bought them), but I never imagined it was going to be way too much. I rented a Dodge Dart when I went to California, and noticed that the sun visors, power windows, rear-view mirror, key fob, and even the 8-inch touch screen was exactly the same! After that, my Maserati felt more American than Italian. I really tried REALLY hard to love this car, but at the end of the day, you're driving a $150,000 Chrysler. I would rather recommend an '09 Quattroporte, in which it was a bit complicated, but it felt (and looked) like a true Italian car.