2005 Maserati Spyder

2005 Maserati Spyder
Available in 2 styles:  2dr Coupe shown

12 city / 17 hwy

Overall

It certainly brought a smile to my face!

by mefinnis from Adelaide, Oz | December 6, 2006

I won't go over the car in detail, that has been done by the "official review". I would comment about the change characteristics of the F1 transmission. The first time I drove the car, this is EXACTLY what I thought - very abrupt and not slick for an automatic. However, I then comprehended that this is NOT an automatic, rather a manual with electronically controlled clutch and gear changes. Once you accept this and learn to aid gear changes with the throttle - i.e. actually drive the car - it is a joy to behold ... Yes, you can run it in full auto mode, and I acknowledge it will be nowhere near as smooth as other prestige automatic transmissions, but this is NOT what it was designed for. This facility is there so I can "drive the car", and my wife can "take it for a drive" without having to work too hard. Horses for courses! It takes some learning but well worth the effort.

Featured Services for this Maserati Spyder