The Maybach brand is made up of three closely related ultraluxury sedans: the regular Type 57, the extended-length Type 62 and the extended-length Type 62 Landaulet.
The Landaulet uses a rare vehicle body style in which the back half of the car can act as a convertible. Landaulets are supposed to be chauffeur-driven and have enclosed areas for the driver. The extended-length Type 62 Landaulet follows this formula.
It takes nearly five months to construct and deliver Maybachs, which are sold through Mercedes-Benz dealerships.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The Landaulet's exterior size and sporty look are based on the Type 62 S. Landaulet. Buyers can customize the exterior paint job to anything they can think of.
The Landaulet features reinforced D-pillars that protect rear passengers when the roof is down. The black soft-top can open and close in less than 20 seconds. The top doesn't inhibit cargo space when down. A slim wind deflector automatically rises at speeds above 40 mph.
- 20-inch, 11-spoke alloy wheels
- Bi-xenon headlamps with headlight washer jets
- Auto-leveling headlamps
- Front and rear fog lamps with chrome surrounds
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Power-closing and power-opening rear roof
- Auto-dimming, power, heated side-view mirrors
The Landaulet comes standard in a four-passenger configuration, though the car can be built to hold five. Trunk space is 21.4 cubic feet. Ten hidden storage compartments are placed throughout the interior.
The Landaulet differs from its siblings in that it has a partition between the passenger and driver compartments. An intercom system allows passengers to communicate with the driver. Rear interior appointments are more luxurious than the driver's compartment. Rear headrests are also slightly larger in the Landaulet to reduce wind noise when the top is open.
Many custom options are available, including replacing the wood trim with granite. Gold — real gold — is also an interior trim option.
- Available Grand Nappa leather upholstery
- Wood, aluminum, carbon fiber, stone or gold-plated trim
- Heated seats in front and rear
- Two dual-zone automatic climate-control systems
- 21-speaker, 600-watt Bose surround-sound system
- Navigation system
- Two 9.5-inch TVs with DVD entertainment system
- Powered, fully reclining rear seats
- Optional ventilated front and rear seats
Under the Hood
The Landaulet comes standard with the V-12 used in the 57 S and 62 S. The Landaulet gets a firmer suspension and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.21 seconds. Special technical features include an electronic braking system and an Airmatic Dual Control air suspension.
- 604-hp, 6.0-liter V-12 with 738 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission with auto-manual controls
- Speed-sensitive steering
- Adaptive air suspension
The Landaulet comes standard with Mercedes' Tele Aid emergency communication system, which includes features like remote vehicle recovery, route assistance and emergency services.
- Front and rear side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Daytime running lights
- Four-wheel antilock brakes with traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera