Maybach has two versions of its extended-length Type 62 model: the Type 62 and an even-quicker Type 62 S.
Most Type 62s are custom-built to buyers' specifications. It takes nearly five months to construct and deliver Maybachs, which are sold through Mercedes-Benz dealerships. The Type 62 competes with the extended-length Rolls-Royce Phantom VI and Bentley Arnage RL.
Changes for 2009
There are no significant changes for the 2009 Maybach Type 62.
Seventeen body colors are available, and two-tone paint schemes can be specified. The Type 62 is 242.7 inches long overall, has a 150.7-inch wheelbase and is 78 inches wide, making the Type 62 the longest sedan in its class.
The Type 62 S gets a modified front end, 20-inch wheels and an exclusive black, silver or white paint job. An optional panoramic glass rear roof is electrotransparent and capable of altering the amount of light that enters the cabin.
- 19-inch wheels
- 20-inch wheels (Type 62 S)
- Power rear panoramic sunroof
- Bi-xenon headlamps that swivel during turns
- Power-closing rear doors and trunk
- Auto-dimming, heated side mirrors
- Automatic rain-sensing wipers
- Heated washer fluid
- Optional electrotransparent panoramic rear sunroof
The Type 62 comes standard in a four-occupant configuration, though the car can be built to hold five. Trunk space is a whopping 21.4 cubic feet, which is the best in its class.
Buyers can mix options with an immense standard-equipment list in numerous combinations to suit specific tastes. Buyers can choose from six Grand Nappa leather colors and three types of wood. Many custom options are available, including replacing the wood trim with granite. Gold — real gold, not some plastic knockoff — is also available as an interior trim.
An available Business Package includes wireless internet and an onboard color printer. The Type 62 S offers piano lacquer and carbon fiber trim with exclusive black or white leather. Integrated leather piping comes in black or silver.
- Leather seats
- Wood, aluminum, carbon fiber, stone or gold-plated trim
- Alcantara simulated suede headliner
- Heated front and rear seats
- Quad-zone automatic climate control
- Navigation system
- 21-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system
- TV/DVD player and remote control
- Rear refrigerator and rear folding tables
- Optional cooled front and rear seats
Under the Hood
Maybach says the Type 62 can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.68 seconds. The Type 62 S gets a firmer suspension and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.21 seconds. Special technical features include an electronic braking system and an Airmatic Dual Control air suspension.
- 543-horsepower, 5.5-liter V-12 with 664 pounds-feet of torque (Type 62)
- 604-hp, 6.0-liter V-12 with 738 pounds-feet of torque (Type 62 S)
- Five-speed automatic transmission with auto-manual controls
- Speed-sensitive steering
- Adaptive air suspension
The Type 62 comes standard with Mercedes' Tele Aid emergency communication system, which includes features like remote vehicle recovery, route assistance and emergency services.
- Front and rear side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Daytime running lights
- Four-wheel antilock brakes with traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Maybach 62
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.