1995 Mazda 626

$334–$2,438

Overall

Still Kicking

by Go Dawgs from Snellville, GA | May 5, 2012

My wife bought this car when she totaled her truck just to get around in. She got it at 100,000 and now it's 5 years later and it's at 188,900 and still going strong. It's not the flyest car and you're not going to impres anyone but as far as gas mileage and reliability, we can't complain. It's perfect for a first time buyer or someone who just needs a car real quick to get around in.

1st 626 LX -5 Spd

by Nebraska from Nebraska | January 23, 2012

Purchased in 4/2002 (used) 75,000 mi. Have driven much myself/ been a school car. Been in a couple of accidents. Yet, Still going strong with 150K miles. Oldest has new car--so back in my "fleet". Fun.Zippy. Quick. Cheap. Reliable. 25/34 MPG. (80+ mph on Interstate). Easy to maintain. Love the car. Clean looks, easy start, runs all day. Good compression and shifting, still. ( Minnesota and back last Summer at 100 degrees--no problem during 1200 mi trip) Will keep it til it dies ?? 626's are a good buy with with Manual Trannys. Automatics are not good ?? (Never had one). Would recommend to anyone. Would also love to get a V6 5 spd --ZOOOM-Zoom !!

Great bang for your buck

by Eric from Wallace, MI | March 22, 2009

I purchased a used 626 with 145K on the clock. I ran it without major issues until 220K before I retired it. I never had a major problem, just normal wear parts like breaks, tires, belts, a rusted out muffler and exhaust. It started up on the coldest Michigan winter mornings and never gave me problems. I would buy another in a heart beat. It isn't the most comfortable or stylish but as a DD I never averaged below 30 MPG and normally drove it very hard (redline shifting constantly).

Won't buy another Mazda product.

by Time to buy something else. from MA | April 10, 2008

Car gets great gas mileage, 34 mpg consistently. Has been an ok commuter car but been having issues with the alternator belt that I can't seem to correct. Reading up on some forums this is a common issue with this car.

A Very Good Car For It's Price

by commspro from Monterey, CA | March 18, 2008

I've been driving this car for almost 2 months now, and I can say this car deserved every penny I put on. First of all it's a Mazda. Just like any other Japanese cars well known for their dependability, and quality this car makes you feel that it is a good car. Of course it is not like a brand new car, I had some minor issues since I bought, but none of them gave me a headache. I also can say it's very good on gas (26-27 MPG City, 33-34 MPG Highway). Bottom line is Mazda 626 is a reliable, good driving car that is a nice choice for it's price.

Most bad Car I've Owned

by Vlad from Buffalo Grove, IL | August 9, 2007

never ever buy this car, accsept if you wont spand money every day on this car end never fix it realy...

Featured Services for this Mazda 626