2014 Mazda CX-5

See Photos & Videos

Overall

M Sport Adds Spice to a Solid Performer

by PF Westwood from Boston, MA | July 7, 2014

The 2014 BMW 7 Series is a joy to drive and the M Sport package makes it a bit more stylish as well.

A keeper

by Nmlobo from Yorktown,va | July 6, 2014

Owned my 2015 cx5 GT for 14 months and 16,000 miles. Smooth quiet ride. Excellent gas milage ~ 30 mpg city and 34 to 36. Highway. It did have a driver side window rattle that was fixed by the dealer within 5 minutes. I completely pleased with this suv!

DISSAPPOINTED CUSTOMER

by NICE STYLE from SIMI VALEY, CA | July 2, 2014

8/2013 PURCHASE MAZDA CX5 REALLY LIKE THE STYLE OF THE CAR. THE 1ST MONTHS EXCELLENT , ON THE 2ND MONTH OF HAVING THE CAR HAD ISSUES TOOK TO DEALER THEY COULD NOT FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM SO THEY RESET THE COMPUTER HOPING IT TAKES CARE OF THE PROBLEM, THE N 1 MONTH LATER SAME ISSUE ALL THE HAPPENED TO TO THE DEALER THE Y CONTACT MAZDA TO MY SUPRISE NEEDS A NEW TRANSMISSION. WOW THE CAR IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD, MONTH GOES BY ON THE 5 MONTH AGAIN ISSUE WITH THE DISPLAY DASHBOARD NOT WORKING AS IS SUPPOSE TOO, TAKE TO THE DEALER THEY JUST RESET THE COMPUTER IT WORKS, NOW ON THE 9TH MONTHS OF HAVING THE CAR THE BLUETOOTH, NAVAGATION IS NOT WORKING AT ALL THE DEALER ARE TO ORDERING THE PART. THIS CAR WILL NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL.

LOVIN this car!!!!!!!!!

by Trish from Omaha, NE | June 17, 2014

Just traded in my 2011 VW TIguan that I loved, but was getting up there in miles. It was really expensive to fix and maintain, so wanted to go with something else. I drive about 1000 per week for work so I practically live in my car. I wanted something loaded, with all the bells and whistles and good MP, while still looking COOL! Very important, ya know? Needed to have sort of a "mobile office". Ruled out the Escape because there is NO ROOM for anything beyond a couple cup holders and the arm rest bin. Where do you put the key fob? Sunglasses? Cell phone? Besides, it was really cramped. Ruled out the RAV4 because it had a really dumb shelf thing on the dashboard and very cheap feeling and looking interior. The dashboard was more utilitarian. Everything else seemed to get poor MPG. Finally found this CX5 and fell madly, instantly in love!!!!!! I've taken it on a major road trip already and it lived up to my expectations!! I would have rated the "comfort" higher, but I got a little uncomfy...that's probably just me as I don't think you are going to be compfy in any car after 1000 miles!!!!!!

Beware of this Potential Security Issue CX-5

by Beware Security Issue from Simi Valley, CA | June 14, 2014

You will never ask this question (I never did) but it is a huge issue for me. While standing near the car it is impossible to lock the trunk. You must walk 10' away and then it will automatically lock. REALLY!! How do you know it will always do this. I have had sensors go bad many times. Are you going to lay down your key 10' away from you car in the parking lot walk back and check the trunk. I think not. Now I am going to have to take the car to a body shop and see if a lock with a key can be installed. I do not feel secure shopping and leaving my possessions (IPad or whatever) in the back of this care and depending on Mazda's electronics to work forever to lock the trunk. This is a bad, bad design and I would not have purchased the car if I had any idea it worked this way. There are no other options believe me I have checked.

Highway gas mileage is terrible

by Don't Buy This car from Allen TX | June 8, 2014

The highway gas mileage does NOT even come close to what they say. In fact, the highway mileage is LESS than the city mileage. I have never ever had a car that did not get at least 3 miles a gallon better than city. Not this one.

Sweet SUV that rides like a sports car.

by Picky SUV driver from Bradenton, FL | May 31, 2014

I recently purchased the CX-5 GT- after test driving and doing a lot of research on other SUV's. If you are in the market you have to check this one out. Very affordable. Fast pick up. I tried Honda CRV and Ford Escape and they were terrible compared to the CX-5. Better gas mpg, better price starting at 20k not 30k like the others. Very comfortable. Looks great, runs great. Very impressed and I have never owned a Mazda. Dealership went beyond and back to please me and my husband. Service department came over and introduced themselves to me. I never had that experience. Very happy employees which leads to happy customers, The best part is the technology in this car saves gas more that all of the other SUV's out there. I am very happy with the choice we made.

brand loyalty - back to Mazda

by tamoshanter from Baltimore | May 28, 2014

we've owned Mazda's since the 1990 protege, which lasted us over 260k miles; our 2000 626, which currently has 308k and still going strong. but in 2007, looking for a CUV and not liking the CX-7 (because a little too large and using premium gas) we regretfully bought at 2008 Nissan Rogue. It was comfortable, but CVT went out at 120k (and Nissan didn't want to cover it under their extended warranty because it was 4k over). paid $5k to repair, then last month, timing chain broke, with only 180k miles on it. so we went back to Mazda, now with their CX-5. got the AWD, touring model, with tech and sunroof/BOSE options. love it...comfortable, like all the little techie gadgets. only had it for 30 days, and already have almost 3000 miles on it - mixed hwy and city. 2.5L engine gives enough push for highway onramps and passing, back up camera helps me with perfect parallel parking, and stereo - with ipod and bluetooth Pandora, gives lots of options for the long highway drives. am hoping this one gives me at least 300k miles as well

Mazda cx5

by Meloandrews from West Jordan, it | May 1, 2014

Driver seat does not conform to my back like I'd like. Every time I drive the right side of my back hurts. Plus the Navigation does not work right in SLC, Ut. The Tom Tom gives out the directions wrong due to streets using numbers like #### south then #### West, city,state. It seems confused. So Im still use my Garman, I'm disappointed with this feature.

CX-5, you had me at zoom zoom

by Mazda Convert from Dallas, TX | April 16, 2014

I've now owned my 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring for about 3 months and I've put 2100 miles on her. I have to say, I wasn't sure about Mazda at first. They'd never really stuck out to me as amazing cars...until I drove the 2014 CX-5. I was hooked from the moment I saw the color (I got the reflex blue mica color) and then drove it. Positives: -MPG-I'm averaging 25.8 right now city and 33 highway -Handling-handles like a sports car, smooth, quick responses, amazing -Power-not the most powerful car/SUV out there, but enough power for what I need and for toodling around town and road trips -Space-tons of room in the back, way more than you'd think when you just look at the car -Features-has lots of features like the backup camera, blind spot monitoring, adjustable heated seats, HD radio, leather interior, rain sensing wipers, etc Negatives: -Lighting-the cabin is a little dark at night and I had a hard time finding window and door lock buttons when I first bought her because I couldn't see them -I wish this car had the memory settings for seats. My husband and I both drive my car sometimes and it would be nice if we could just have setting 1 and 2 preset so we're not constantly changing stuff around. Overall, this car is amazing. I'd recommend it to anyone! I love my Mazda and I'm totally converted to the Mazda family now. I just absolutely love driving this car and my 45 min commute to work every day is a much more enjoyable experience.