2014 Mazda CX-5

Available in 6 styles:  2014 Mazda CX-5 FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Great car

by Crashmaster from | April 1, 2016

Have had the car about a month and is everything I was looking for in a vehicle. i would recommend this to anyone who would like a sporty more suv like vehicle and something fun to drive

Three near misses in 5 months

by Dog Chauffeur from Redmond Wa. | March 18, 2016

Purchased a 2014 cx5 on November. 2015. I am having trouble seeing while trying to make a turn. The front side door posts are quite large, and the large housing on rear view mirrors impair the sightline. I am a 5'6" woman. yes, I have adjusted the seat, added a pillow. Also dog does not appreciate seat not folding flat .

Minor issues

by Complainer from Zachary, La. | October 29, 2015

Interior light in back end doesn't light up rear area at all. Fixing to bring vehicle back in for second time in 6 months for the back up camera. The warning sensor doesn't work. Cup holders will only hold one coffee cup, no room for handle for second cup or Styrofoam cup to fit.

Amazing car

by in love with this car from New Jersey | August 19, 2015

I was really reluctant to get rid of my old car because it was my first car and I loved it so much and it was only a 9 year old Honda. However, I needed a car that would do better in the snow and would be safer. I can happily say I am in LOVE with this car. I am so glad I purchased this car.

My review after 18 months

by MyFirstMazda from Canby Oregon | August 13, 2015

I bought my 2014 2.5l FWD CX-5 in November of 2013. Now at 15K miles I'd have to say I'm really glad I bought it. Its combined mileage at 15K miles is 29.9mpg and I've done several long trips with 4-5 adults with backpacking and camping gear and seen 34-38 mpg per tank several times. Very comfortable seats, absolutely a pleasure to drive, incredibly roomy inside. If its as dependable as the Toyota's I've owned I hope to still be enjoying it 15 years from now.

So far, so great

by Mazda Lover from Buffalo, NY | July 22, 2015

My wife and I just got our CX-5 and we love it. It's been a great car so far...deceivingly roomy, great acceleration, and clean, sporty appearance. We got the Touring, which we recommend because of the blind spot feature, which alerts you when there is a car in the lane beside you and beeps if you are indicating to pull into that spot. The rear camera is excellent, and the screen in the vehicle is the best one we found in class. We drove this car along with others in the group (Forester, CR-V, Escape, Rogue and Rav4, and the CX-5 gave us the best driving experience. We have two children under 2, and the trunk easily fits a double stroller, with room for plenty more luggage on long trips.

12K miles and a year later...

by Eddy from Salem OR | April 20, 2015

Bought a 2014 CX-5 2.0 6 speed manual cretified pre-owned in exchange for a 2007 Matrix. I have to say that at first, I was not so impressed with the cx-5. Acceleration wasnt much beter than the Matrix, but I realized with time that the Mazda is a lot heavier. Im getting 32.5 miles per galon and it still driving just like when I bought it. It is very simplistic inside, but I dont use my car as my house, just to take me from here to there. I have to say that I am in love with my car now. Also, it is the only smaller suv that can tow 2K lbs, the other ones (CRV, RAV4, Forester, Escape) can tow less than that, so this summer I will take my pop up camper on it and try it out. With the gas milage, the 6 speed manual, and the body style, I have to say that my next car will be a CX-5, this in 7 to 10 years from now. The car is already paid off and now it is rest as the warranty that came with will last another 6 years or 70K miles. And I have to say, the mazda dealership where I take my car to oil changes has a great costumer service!!

Impressed overall B+

by crossover convert from Denver CO | April 14, 2015

I bought a 2014 Silver CX5 AWD 2.5liter Touring with the nav/tech upgrade with 10,138 miles 2 months ago. I have since driven it for about 3000 miles and so far so good. Likes include the upbeat and responsive 2.5 engine that is smooth and shifts up and down easily. The braking and handling abilities are impressive for a small SUV. As a previous subaru and jeep owner, this mazda out does both. Fuel economy is on par with what is listed with some variance. Driving in heavy traffic brought it down to 22.5mpg on occasion but I was happy to get about 32mpg on a recent road trip (at 65-75mph) through the southwest. Dislikes are minor, the navigation is basic nothing particularly innovative and sits too low in dash. The data provided in the display about range, avg mpg and mph is misleading and inaccurate (I used my odometer and math to calculate my mileage specs). The seats are on the firm side and road noise on the highway is tolerable. Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and would advise others to consider the CX5. It certainly stands out in the crossover category.

I love my Mazda!

by the Gypsy Queen from Chicago | March 3, 2015

Traded my 2004 ford explorer EB edition v8 for my 14' CX-5 and I'm in love, I love driving it, I feel safe and it does great on gas! Totally recommend. Zoom,Zoom.

My first SUV

by An Old Guy from Minneapolis, MN | February 20, 2015

I bought my CX-5 16 months and just over 12,000 miles ago. It's my first Mazda, and my first SUV. Most of the driving has been in metro areas – some short highway sprints, some 30-40 mph arterial streets – but I've also taken it on one 2,600-mile cross-country trip from the Midwest to the Rocky Mountains and back. I did NOT get a special deal on the price, and expected to pay something of a premium because I know that manufacturers make more money from SUVs than from sedans. As vehicles go, this one is tall and relatively thin. I mostly bought it to replace a15-year-old sedan with a quarter of a million miles on it because I have small grandchildren to haul around town, and I didn't want to have to keep bending over to put them in their respective car seats. The CX-5 fills the bill very nicely as a versatile and economical family vehicle that is surprisingly fun and agile on the road. I bought the absolute base model, with no options, not because I couldn't afford the next trim level, but because I much prefer to be an "engaged" driver, and that requires a manual transmission. Mazda makes an excellent 6-speed manual transmission, but it's only available in the 2WD base model. In order to get that transmission, I was willing to limit my color choices and forego AWD. I still think Mazda should make the manual transmission available in other trim levels, and also with AWD. Over 12,000+ miles, the car, with base engine, won't win many drag races, but it's averaged just over 30 mpg in mostly city driving, and it handles beautifully. Braking is good, steering is quick and responsive, and I'd call the power curve "adequate." The 6-speed manual transmission is a joy to use, and for me, worth giving up AWD and better exterior color choices. Gear ratios are very intelligently placed, and 6th gear is a genuine overdrive, only useful over about 50 mph, but VERY useful at highway speeds. My base model came equipped with virtually everything I would have ordered – if I'd had to – from air-conditioning to disc brakes at all 4 corners. I plug my iPod into the USB port in the center console, and can listen to music for hours while the iPod itself remains hidden in the console. Steering wheel-mounted audio controls work as advertised, as do the dashboard buttons for the same purpose, and the steering wheel-mounted cruise control works dependably, as well. I'd like the back seat to fold flat instead of the shallow angle it now uses, but that's a fairly minor quibble. There's plenty of space behind the back seat with the seat back up, and it's pretty cavernous back there with the rear seat folded down. I'm happy with the mileage, performance, braking, human and cargo capacity, and the design and execution both inside and out. For an SUV, it's very attractive sheet metal. For those with small children, I've found car seats to be easy to attach via seat belt, and if yours requires anchoring to the vehicle, there are anchor points to permit as many as 3 car seats in the back seat area, though I only use 2 car seats.In short, I'm pretty pleased with my first Mazda, and would buy one again.