We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2015 Mazda CX-5

2015 Mazda CX-5
Available in 7 styles:  2015 Mazda CX-5 4dr FWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Ryan McGuire

by Kathryn from Laconia | May 17, 2016

Love the car! Had it over a year now and everyone that drives it also comments how fun it is to drive!

Mazda CX-5 has a few issues

by Not so very happy Mazda owner from Fresno, CA | January 29, 2016

I wanted to be completely happy with this Mazda CX-5. I did a lot of research and found a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle at a reasonable price. I was greatly reassured by the 150-point inspection and the new car warranty still in effect and the additional extended warranties. I was told the cars must be restored to like-new condition to be sold a CPO. I have had the car a week, so my review will not speak to long-term reliability. The good: I love the backup camera and blind spot warnings. I like the keyless entry. It is quite convenient to carry the key fob and not have to remove it from my waistpack. The vehicle is peppy. I do not have premium sound, but the sound is quite adequate for my purposes. Some complaints I read about certain features I found to be untrue, such as the liftgate not locking and an inability to store radio stations. I have the Touring model with no added features. I love being able to carry a substantial music library with me on a USB flashdrive, although there is a Technical Service Bulletin that addresses a couple of quirks that I discovered having to do with the playlists and also SMS messaging, but they are not dealbreakers even if Mazda will not replace the head unit. Here is the downside, and this does relate to my specific car, but maybe others, and is certainly part of what one should know when buying a vehicle. A CPO vehicle must pass a 150-point inspection and everything is supposed to be brought back to near new standards. I have the remainder of the 36 month/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warrranty and also an extension of that as a CPO vehicle owner. Unfortunately, it appears that one item was missed, and there is a TSB on it that the service department did not advise me of. I am now in a battle to get a suspension issue resolved that manifested three miles away from the lot when I first took possession of the vehicle and hit my first speed bump. The "chirp" sound that I believe is identified on the TSB that includes my vehicle VIN range and date of build has been classified as a squeak that is excluded from coverage under the warranty. If I ask them to look at it and they say there is no repair covered under the warranty, I will have to pay for the diagnostics. Mazda headquarters has to pre-approve the diagnostics before anything can be done under warranty. I am very disappointed that my dealership and Mazda corporate are making it so difficult for me to get this fixed. This is not an old car. It shouldn't be having age-related rattles and squeaks and, if it is having them, they should be covered. I have not abused the car nor neglected maintenance. I haven't had it long enough! The sounds did not appear on the test drive. The appeared when I drove it home. I am very disappointed in Mazda for making this so difficult and even a bit scary to think I will have to do battle over these kinds of things. I guess time will tell as to the vehicle's reliability and Mazda's willingness to stand by their vehicles and support their customers.

Fantastic Vehicle. Best in it's class.

by Mazda from Syracuse, NY | December 26, 2015

Love it. Fun to drive. Very high- tec. Amazing safety features. Extremely smooth ride. Amazing Bose sound system. Best headlights ever.

Great car but problem

by Rock from SC | October 16, 2015

Our Mazda CS-5 is about 5 months old.... love the car... great hauling kids and plenty of room and features. BUT, having said that, it did leave me stranded. 5 month old car and on the side of the road with a AAA call to come pick it up. Ends up being the transmission. Had it hauled to the shop and they got the codes..... not sure exactly what they did.... reflashed some softward maybe.... but so far, running like a champ again.

Sporty CUV

by Family guy from South Dakota | September 20, 2015

My wife and i have owned our 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD for about a year and in that time have driven it for 45,000 very enjoyable miles. Fuel mileage is good for an all wheel drive CUV averaging 27 MPG in mixed driving. We live in South Dakota were interstate speed limits are 80 MPH so if driven slightly slower it would likely average even better. I have found that while the ride may be firmer than most it is also more nimble and sporty feeling than most other CUV's I have driven. All weather traction has been commendable. In terms of reliability it has been absolutely flawless. Having owned many utility vehicles over the years I have found the Mazda CX-5 to be my favorite to date.

I love my new car

by Horse Lover from Arkansas | August 24, 2015

My new Mazda CX-5 is what I hoped for in an SUV. It is a smooth ride, handles great. It accelerates on the freeway fine, and keeps up with the traffic. The leather seats in the Grand Touring model are very comfortable. The whole vehicle is very tight in handling and interior quality. The back cargo area works good for my dog, and I ordered the cargo liner to keep the pet hair off the carpet in the cargo area. An overall great choice and buy.

Overall good experience with some nit picking.

by Trade cars often, driven a lot of them. from Iowa | June 5, 2015

--Back up camera stopped working at 45k miles. :( --Wish had rear ventilation for kiddos, air flow is not great. --Wish had better controls of the radio stations, can't save stations as favorites. (I know, I know. Kinda nit picky critique. I drive to other cities often and used to save stations for those cities in past cars.) However, overall experience of vehicle is good, handles really well in snow. Haven't had any issues with is until the camera... which is really annoying though. A lot of space for cargo, kids, and everything that comes with kids.

Best of the options

by madisontom from Madison, WI | May 27, 2015

Chose the CX-5 over the Rav4, Honda CR-V and others. It was more comfortable, more stylish and more car for the money. So far, great choice.

awesome,!

by Cobblestone from Massachusetts | May 3, 2015

i love my cx5. Good mileage and handles great,really fun to drive. Love it and also got 0% financing for 5 years.

CX-5 Touring, first Mazda

by Mazda Newbie from Alabama | April 28, 2015

I never expected to buy an SUV. The CX-5 is a "crossover" or compact SUV built on a car platform. I was first attracted by its style, which is a little athletic, not too masculine, and doesn't seem chubby like some other crossovers. The cockpit feels as if it were designed for me... nicely supportive bucket seat with all the controls in reach, and a smallish steering wheel. It handles easily, with lively acceleration for a 4 cylinder engine. What sold me: passenger room. In both front and back seats, there's great leg room and head room for 4 full-sized adults. The CX-5 seems bigger on the inside than on the outside. Advertising indicates it seats 5, but passenger #5 would have to be a child sandwiched between 2 other passengers in the back seat (there are seat belts for 5). The biggest minus so far: strong new-car smell, including new-engine smell. The salesperson explained there is a coating on the engine parts that will burn off in the first 30 to 50 miles. This car has irritating fumes from plastics, adhesives or carpet, so I've been driving it with the windows open until it airs out. The ride is stiff, but not intolerable. Having had it only a couple of weeks, I have no idea as to reliability. Consumer publications seem to expect it to be reliable, and it also gets high safety ratings. I have no regrets for buying the Mazda CX-5. Only time will tell how well it holds up over many miles and years. It's a pleasure to drive, and a pleasure to look at.