2007 Mazda CX-7

18–19 city / 24 hwy

Overall

only owned it for 3 weeks

by Loving my Mazda from Loveland, CO | November 30, 2013

So far this has been a great car. I bought the touring model which has alot of great features like sunroof, navigation, back up camera, remote start, heated leather seats, which is all luxury for me. It did well in the snow that we got in Colorado this week, its AWD. It has a traction control feature also. Just a fun, zippy lil SUV to drive. Seats 2 adults and 3 kids nicely. Hope it continues to please!

Air Conditioning Compressor Out

by suv from Grand Rapids Mi | October 2, 2011

We purchased this car with 26,000 miles on it and it has been a great veichle and is excellent in the snow, since we live in Michigan! At 57,000 miles the air conditioning compresssor went out, we were lucky it was coverd under warrenty up to 60,000 miles. This could of been very expensive maybe around 1,000 plus. I wonder why at 57,000 miles this would be an issue and wonder if other mazda veichles have had the same problem!

Very sporty family car

by AJ from California | October 1, 2011

Bought this car after seeing them around. Loved it from the start. Did have to get used to how the engine reacts with the turbo. The traction control works well and handles like a car. It has a lot of kick and is fun to drive. Plenty of space in the back. Much more than you would expect. Haven't had any of the issues others have stated. Heated seats are very enjoyable.

Some good, some bad

by CTArlington from Arlington, TX | February 9, 2011

We recently traded our CX-7 in for a CX-9...needed more room. While we loved the CX-7 there seemed to be a problem pop up every 9 months or so. We knew we should not have gotten the 1st model year of a vehicle. Word of advice if you're purchasing a 2007 model. Make sure the AC unit and timing chain have been replced. It's a known failure of this model and both will eventually break down. If you don't catch it in time you could seize your engine. The good news is that Mazda will replace it prior to 60k miles. We had this done on our CX-7 a few weeks before we traded it in at no cost to us. Really fun to drive, but be aware of the issues and make sure they're all taken care of before you purchase...or buy an extended warranty.

Not the best on the market...

by Mazdafan from Washington | October 20, 2010

This is the 2nd Mazda I've owned, the first being a Protege5 wagon. I LOVED my wago. This, I cannot say the same about.....The gas mileage is poor (18 city is what they claim, I disagree..) Apparently the seals on the engine are no good, so everytime I get an oilchange, it burns oil. I have only had the veh for 1 year, and nothing about it has wowed me. My mechanic is having me get rid of it though, the engine is too small for the veh....(and if you look at the comps in it's class, CX-7 is the only one w/out a V6).

great safety

by nimo from miami fl | July 27, 2010

great safety features. I got involved in a accident and rollover twice in my cx7. I came out without any scratch, the side airbags safe my life.

cx-7

by k from IA | April 26, 2010

This is an overall great suv. It's compact but not too small, good on gas, has a sleek look and is very reliable!

CX-7

by Mazda owner from Arvada, CO | March 31, 2010

My wife and I bought this 2007 CX-7 about a year ago. It is very quick for a mini-SUV do to the turbo charged 4 banger. The interior space is VERY large for it's size and the styling is great! (very contemperary, which I love) The ride is a little bumpy at times, but I think that is do to the stiff suspention which is great in corners, but who really take corners with a mini-SUV? The outside styling is good too. Out of all the mini to mid sized SUVs out there, this is the one I would recomend for sure!

2007 CX-7 Sport

by Mark S. from Rochester, NY | November 2, 2009

Bought used with 41,000 miles in January. have about 58k right now. So far have only had to replace the tires. Appears to holding up well, no rattles, feels good on the road. Was decent in the snow which I'm assuming will get better with the new tires. Gas mileage is about 21mpg with mix of highway and local driving. No complaints about the turbo engine. Turbo seems to be only there when you need it. Most of the time I just barely have the gas pedal depressed. Like most cars if you abuse it you might eventually have problems. Some people think they have a turbo and drive it like a race car. I would suspect this is why some have complained about engine issues. Keep up with your oil changes which is important for turbo engines and you should be good to go for years to come.

Car is a Lemon

by John from Sydney Australia | August 14, 2009

Have had the car 3 years and turbo failed and have to replace motor. It is the worst purchase of my life. Stay away from the CX7 its a complete lemon.

Featured Services for this Mazda CX-7