2008 Mazda CX-7

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Mazda CX-7 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Zoom Zoom

by ARH22 from Minneapolis, MN | June 26, 2014

I've owned my Mazda for 2 years now. I love it and am so glad I bought it. We got a good price and couldn't be happier with this SUV. It has some zip to it with the turbo, has plenty of trunk/hatch space and is comfortable. I would recommend it. I have no clue why others have given it bad reviews.

Mazda sucks

by djr777 from Wichita Kansas | March 5, 2012

I have a Mazda CX-7. It has had an engine knock since I bought it. They know they have a huge timing chain problem, but won't fix it is my mileage is too high. Now I get to spend $1500 for a problem that is of factory origin. Oh yeah, I get to spend another $550 to fix A HEADLIGHT!!! Thats right...a headlight. Nice product Mazda. BUY AMERICAN!!!

cheaply made...

by long time mechanic from orlando, fl | February 1, 2012

We bought this 2008 Mazda CX7 Grand Touring edition brand new... and the two happiest days we had with the car was the day we bought it and the day we turned it in... :-( i would not say it was the worst car we ever owned.. that would have been the 1987 Ford Taurus... but it was close.. The car looked nice and had a very responsive 4 cylinder turbo.. but past that.. wow!!! it was a the cheapest built thing i had ever owned... from a paint job that you could scratch by looking at it too hard.. to the cheap extremely thin carpeting... that the little bit of fuzz they put on it wore off in the first year.. to thinnest leather seats.. i had ever seen. well maybe the luxury Yugo may have had thinner :-) And Air conditioning??????? yes.. it got cold in a second.. IN JANUARY!!! when it was 30 degrees outside.. but not from May to October... when the temperature was above 75 degrees. then you would sweat your rear end off.. because the tiny little puff of air that came from the vents could never catch up.. and what did the Mazda dealer say??? Oh yeah.. we know.. but unfortunately, that is how that model is... and then last.. let's talk about the pathetic Zoom Zoom design for the suspension... which ate an expensive set of tires up in less than 16000 miles.. and what did they say about that??? yeah it is because of the way that the factory sets the camber for handling .. we know it wears the insides of the tires out.. but that is the cost of having a sports car?? what ever.. Well enough... i dumped it and will never own another one..

Peppy, but Thirsty

by Flirty Librarian from DC Metro | September 26, 2011

I've had the CX-7 for 4 months and I am pleasantly surprised by how peppy and fun to drive it is. When I step on the gas, it really takes off. I feel pretty confident navigating traffic and I like that option of using premium or regular fuel.However, I seem to be visiting the gas station much more now which is a drag. There is plenty of room to hall things about, but the seats are a major drawback. Ouch! They really don't provide enough lower back support. Overall, it's given me the higher driving position that I wanted and has been a really good bargain.

Not bad!

by Fire688 from Lowell,Ma | December 22, 2010

Had this vechicle for a week now and i luv it. I dont mind the stiff suspension because i live in Mass. Luv the cloth seats. Dont like leather cause its too hot for u butt in the summer and cold as @#$# in the winter. it performs pretty well. Yes i do have the turbo but listen hear people u can get away with regular. All u have to do is go to Auto Zone and pick u up some Prestone 0to60 octane booster and Bam! there goes ur premium! Boots octane by at least 10 points. And yes it is a very nice looking vechicle. Also it should have come with an audio output dang! But overall is a good driving vechicle with lots of room in the back!

Bad Mileage

by shawnie101 from | December 22, 2010

I love my CX7. It runs great, is comfortable to sit in and drive. Keyless entry is wonderful and I love the exterior design. That said, the gas mileage is horrific. I get about 17-18mpg on highest grade gas. It's so expensive to gas up that it makes the car less enjoyable. Also the Bose sound system is lacking in clarity and richness - oddly enough for a Bose product.

really enjoy this vehicle

by ellabakeoven from wilkes barre pa | December 2, 2010

My husband bought this crossover and I have to say we are both extremely happy with the purchase. the interior is very roomy. I highly suggest you be careful if you have a lead foot as this thing has some real get up and go :)

Good sports car for the money!

by 1st time car buyer from Minnesota | May 9, 2010

I bought a used 2008 CX-7 AWD touring model with 36,000 miles on it.... I have clocked almost 2000 miles and the ride has been smooth so far, even though the engine is little bit louder especially when you accelerate, but its understandable due to turbo engine! I was initially worried about gas mileage but I have been getting decent gas mileage, 16 gallon tank last me about 300-330 miles... giving me about low 20's in city and around 23-24 mpg on highway. I do travel a lot so that was my main concern, but I am pretty satisfied with the performance so far. This is my first car... so I had done my homework, drove a lot of other mid-size SUV's, but the feel, look, style, bose stereo, and driving performance was appealing to me and not forgetting the price, its cheaper compared to other mid-size crossover SUVs. The car is also pretty precious.. more leg room and it has a feel of sport car feel... good luck buying!

oloved it

by ted from | December 1, 2009

i loved it when i rented one. we took a trip across the lower 48 and it was really fun to drive this thing. i want to buy one now

Best car I've ever had

by Love my mazda from Central PA | July 14, 2009

I have had so many cars, its sad to think about sometimes. So, my husband and I decided to lease this mazda cx-7 (grand touring) since I tend to change my mind so quickly. Well, I wish we would have just bought the car. I have never been so content and enjoyed driving a car as much as I love to drive my mazda. Pros: -Love my 18" rims -The exterior look -Bose (upgrade) sounds good -Fun to drive Cons: -Gas mileage (I was already prepared for that... and considering we have a trailblazer, its not too bad) -Premium gas, if it was 20 mpg with regular unleaded, then gas mileage wouldnt be as much of an issue -Tires are expensive to replace

Featured Services for this Mazda CX-7