2009 Mazda CX-7

Available in 6 styles:  2009 Mazda CX-7 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Don't buy ANY year Mazda CX-7

by Debbie C from Colorado | March 22, 2013

Our Mazda CX-7, with 57,000 miles on it, experienced the same sludge build up resulting in a turbo blowing out, timing chain stretching and VVT needing replacement, as thousands of other CX-7 owners have also experienced. With the original warranty and extended warranty still in place, Mazda denied all service claims stating "poor vehicle maintenance"--as they have with all the other CX-7 owners. In speaking with Mazda technicians, they stated to me that there is a problem with the oil cooled turbo that Mazda refuses to admit to because it will result in a huge recall. Mazda needs to be held accountable for their poor design on these cars and stop putting the blame on consumers.

2009 Mazda CX-7

by Scott E from San Francisco | October 4, 2011

Great car, great looking, great value. I really enjoy everything about the car. There is a bit more road noise than I am used to, but that is only because I also have a ML400 which is super quiet. I really enjoy the Mazda's feel on the road, the comfort, and the performance. I think for the money it is a great buy.

Terrible in the snow

by Love cats from Pollock Pines, Ca. | February 3, 2010

Live at 4,000 feet in the Western Sierra. Had 2 Subaru's prior to buying a '09 Mazda CX7. Thought with their AWD it would be a good change. Previously had a 929 and a 626 years ago and loved them. However, after we got stuck in the snow in front of our house and had to be towed out, our bubble was burst. Other dissatifactions were terrible blind spots. Impossible to see either side when backing out of a parking space or changing lanes. Traded it in on a Subaru and now am happy. Don't buy a Mazda AWD if you drive in snow!!!!!! It doesn't work like they say it will.

Really solid SUV

by In th emarket from Des Moines, IA | August 10, 2009

Before I started my lease on the CX-7 sport, I owned an RX-8. Having kids and wanting to ditch the rotary engine, I wanted something sporty and practical. I really love the CX-7. The only downside is that it doesn't have an AUX in (I believe newer models have resolved this). Yes, the gas mileage is not great but it's only a couple miles per gallon less than the competition. My lease is up soon and I have been looking to find a replacement. Part of me would like to get something else just to have something new but it's been such a good car and I love the looks... I think I'll keep this one. All in all... I highly recommend the CX-7 if you are looking for a fun, sporty small SUV. I love mine.

Featured Services for this Mazda CX-7