2010 Mazda CX-7

Available in 6 styles:  2010 Mazda CX-7 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Most Loud Car I've Owned

by Comfort Enthusiast from Hackensack, NJ | November 6, 2013

The CX-7 is nice small somewhat comfortable crossover, but it's LOUD! When you're driving the cx-7 whether it's city or highway you get way too much road noise, I feel as if the windows were opened. I've owned this car for a month a I hate it.

Great car

by Emil from Queens/Long Island ,NY | April 22, 2012

I bought this car in March 2012, 4 cylindrs and I am so pleased with this vehicle. Gas average in New York combine is 21.6-22.00 (per average speed 23). Plenty of power delivers this 4 cylinders engine 2.5l. This car is anything you want and you need. It’s stylish and comfortable and I am so glad of my choice.

Fantastic

by CST from Sedalia, MO | January 4, 2012

I have the grand touring fully loaded option. It is fantastic! It has almost everything you would want in a vehicle. It's definitely fast too. Everything is great, my only 2 complaints is that it doesn't have remote start, which you would think a vehicle that has everything would have this and it doesn't get as good as gas as it says. Mine isn't even AWD and it gets about 18mpg in town, and you have to put in 91 gas since it's a turbo, which costs more :( But overall this vehicle is fantastic and would recommend to anyone looking for a crossover vehicle!

Love it!

by mom's cab from Richmond, VA | December 6, 2011

i have the s touring with every package available on it. And i love it. For a crazy busy mom it makes being on the go, not so bad. It is an suv that drives like a sports car and has the room and family comfort of a mini van but the ride and interior of a luxury car. Can not go wrong buying this vehicle.

Great car for the money

by Mike from Phoenix | October 11, 2011

I bought the 2010 CX7 with about 30K mi. Runs great, getting around 24-25 mpg around town. I'm not a lead foot so I think that mileage surpasses estimates. It's a 4cyl, 5 spd auto that has plenty of go for me in avearage driving conditions. It rides smooth and comfortable, corners on a dime and is a quiet ride. I would recommend this car.

Mazda Convert

by mpbnice from Cincinnati | August 17, 2011

I was originally looking for a small to mid-size SUV and Mazda wasn't on my radar screen. I thought I was going to buy a Kia Sorento or a Honda CR-V. My sister nagged me into going into Mazda because she liked the color of one on the lot. I am so glad she convinced me to go. I simply love my CX-7. It handles beautifully and is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Driving 1000 miles to Florida this year was so easy. I love the extras like the blind spot monitor, heated seats, driver memory seat, etc, etc. My only dislikes are the backup camera, which distorts distances and doesn't show where the CX-7 is in relation to objects, and the mileage, which I knew going in. I am so happy with my car! Zoom Zoom!

Nice Balance

by NC Auto Enthusiast from Greensboro, NC | July 7, 2011

We were looking for a crossover to replace our 2007 Jeep Patriot, which had some plusses but overall was unrefined and a chore to live with. We wanted a crossover that was affordable, loaded, sporty, fun to drive, and had good manners on the highway. We did our homeword and having had good luck with a 2003 Mazda 6, we went with another Mazda, the CX-7 Touring. First impressions, the look of the car is very stylish and sporty looking, and in that department ahead of most vehicles in its class. Driving is sporting with quick steering and acceleration around town, and settles down nicely on a longer trip. Interior has premium materials, nice fit and finish, and good leather that has a robust feel to to. Overall build quality feels very solid, with good seams and welds, and perhaps a factor being assembled in Hiroshima vs Detroit. Better quality paint job, and finish than our prior Mazda 6 from Michigan. As for affordability, we got a loaded 2010 for under 20 grand with only 15,000 miles on it. Red was the color, with the tan leather interior. Location and negotiation facilitated by cars.com. Economy at the pump is averaging 21 in mixed city and highway driving. With highway only running around 24. Not bad and what we expected. Turbo makes is a better performer, but a little thirstier at the pump. All in all a solid vehicle we get complemented on frequently, and we knowlingly smile that we saved a bundle vs new and the competition.

Love at First Drive

by mpbnice from Cincinnati | April 18, 2011

In February 2011, I went looking to buy an SUV. I had researched a number of vehicles (not Mazdas) and I was pretty much convinced I'd buy either or 2011 Kia Sorento or a Honda CR-V. After test driving both, I was really disappointed. The Sorento was loud and not very comfortable, and the CR-V seemed somewhat cheap and had a couple of bad blind spots. I wandered over to the Mazda dealership at my sister's insistence (she liked the looks of a red one) and fell in love with a 2010 AWD Grand Touring. I knew it was my car immediately. It has great pickup, handles beautifully, is quiet, has a great interior and I absolutely love the blind spot monitor. The only negative is the gas mileage but I can live with that until gas prices go down.

Too Basic

by Disappointed from Manalapan, NJ | March 3, 2011

The Mazda CX-& is just 'ok'. I've had it for about 18 months and while not much has gone wrong with it, the car is too basic ... basic sound, underpowered 4 cylinder engine, road noise comes through, blah interior. As an example of bar bones ... a fuse blew ... fine, no problem ... went to get a spare fuse and found there were none - LIKE THERE ARE IN MOST CARS. If a fuse goes, it goes at a time when you can't easily buy another - so the car should come with spares. Mazdas don't. My first - and last, Mazda. It is absurd that Mazda is so chintzy as to not include one single spare fuse in the fuse compartment (which contains spots for spares !)

Enjoying my new CX-7

by 44 year old female 2nd time Mazda owner from | January 23, 2011

I have had my 2010 CX-7 for 5000 miles and have been enjoying it. I was hesitant in owning a 4 cyc. engine but it has plenty of pick up. It is smooth and comfortable. There is a bit of plastic on the interior, but it is quiet so far (no rattles). Nice car and a good buy for the money.