2007 Mazda CX-9

Available in 6 styles:  2007 Mazda CX-9 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Really realiable

by Zoomer from Wooster,Ohio | April 6, 2014

This car was made for me ! it has everything I've been looking for in a car. From the AWD to the Bose sound system and my favorite part the heated front seats. its a family car with tons of room with 3rd row seating and a sun roof for those suntastic summer days ! you cant go wrong with one i know i didn't !

Know what to expect

by Charlie from North Carolina | November 29, 2011

Many things to like: drives/handles very well, nice looking, quiet, seems safe. Wish front seats were longer, and the console between the seats was non-existent, or at least smaller. (Makes me miss the minivan.) Repaired wind noise at driver's window with about $120 at dealership. In the process of replacing all six ignition coils and computer; at about 75K miles. Not too happy with reliability at the moment.

Tough to beat

by mazdafan from Baltimore, MD | November 29, 2010

My mother recently bought this vehicle. We traded in a 07 highlander that we loved but just needed more space. The Cx-9 is very spacious for a midsize suv. Normal size adults can fit in the third row with little discomfort( Don't try that with a pilot or Highlander). The Cx-9 is attractive as well. It has plenty of curves compared to the boxy looks of most suvs. The downside to that is headroom. If your over 6 foot 2 it might not be the most comfortable vehicle. On smooth surfaces the Cx-9 rides well. However, on bumpy surface the ride becomes a little harsh but this suv wants to be a sports car. In that measure it achieves. The steering is accurate and it takes corners like a car rather than a suv. We bought ours used and we got for a great deal. I A comparable highlander or Pilot would have costed at least 3 grand more. The interior is comfortable and there is little interior noise. Gas mileage isn't the greatest but that should be expected. Half a tank is about $25. All in all if your looking for a suv with great exterior styling, ergonimically friendly, spacious, and sporty the cx-9 cannot be beat.

Love, Love, Love my CX-9

by djinvb from Virginia Beach, VA | October 26, 2010

I did a lot of homework before choosing my new car. I wanted something bigger than a 5 seater but could not see myself in a minivan. I also have a double stroller that had to fit in the back of my new car without me having to drop the seats. I tried just about every SUV on the market (and in my price range) and when I drove the CX-9 I fell in love. The ride is so smooth, the pick up is good for a big vehicle and the seats are real comfy. The second row reclines some so on long rides my kids are able to lay back a little and sleep. The drivers seat is all auto and the vehicle is real easy to manuver. With the doors open the CX-9 is real big and tight in some parking spots, so I park futher out when at the mall or store. I got the AWD model and haven't have to use it yet, but it's all automatic. Mazda is a little pricey to have serviced but they are really good cars. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for an SUV alternative to a minivan. You won't be disappointed!

Mazda CX-9

by Searched for a Mazda from Topeka, KS | October 25, 2010

Really enjoying our 2007 CX-9. It's great to get extra kids into. Love the split seats in the 3rd row.

Favorite car I've ever owned

by Molly3681 from Houston, Texas | October 10, 2010

Love, Love, Love this car!!! It was well thought out for the interior design. Seats move forward for 3rd row access so easily my 7 year old can do it w/ one hand. I love that the 3rd row will fit an adult and not just a toddler or animal, but I didn't have to buy a giant car. I like that the 3rd row folds completely flat. The interior display lights are attractive and I have grown to love the Xenon lights (didn't know I would notice a difference, but it's HUGE). It feels roomy inside, but it's easy to park even in small parking spaces. I don't ever notice road noise, and love the bluetooth feature on the car. I also like having a mute button on the steering wheel for easy censoring a word in a song when my kids are in the car. Driving it is also fun so it feels like a sports car. When lanes merge on a freeway, I have no trouble speeding up--there's no lag when you press on the accelerator--almost feels like a standard (for those of you that remember what that's like to drive). Lastly, the air conditioner is incredible! I live in Houston-(-hot and humid) and bought the car in June. It cools off fast and would go so far as to say frigid at times--even in July! I did alot of research about this and other cars before I purchased and have not been disappointed. I was glad I looked at customer responses as well as the experts to make my decision. Hope this helps with yours.

Love the looks

by Just a Mom from Maine | April 5, 2009

I love everything but the low beam lighting. The lights leaves a line and It is very difficult to see.

Winter Woes

by Black 07 CX-9 from Chicago, IL | February 5, 2009

This is a great car. Purchased vehicle in July of 07. It is AWD. It has alot of good things going for it, but beware of 20" tires in winter conditions. Tires are more like skis, than providing a source of traction. Make sure you know the traction capabilities of this vehicle in the snow. It is far less than any AWD vehicle I have owned.

Zoom-Zoom

by msarkie from Northwest Arkansas | February 27, 2008

We bought the CX9 after test driving everything else in the class. It was by far our favorite, with the only thing coming close the Subaru Tribeca. We specifically love the styling, interior roominess, handling, and value. We have two kids in carseats, and the rear room and seat configuration is great. We love the sporty feel and handling - I've managed to squall tires several times trying to pull out into traffic, and this loaded down with kids and groceries! The brakes are simply the best I've ever tried. Gas mileage is just Ok, wish it was better, but this is a huge vehicle. We bought the CX9 in June 2007 and in July drove it to from Arkansas to Iowa to Canada and back. We've made several long road trips since then, and it has been comfortable and reliable. There have been very few glitches, especially for a new model. And about the interior space - I bought a large rectangular glass top patio table and four chairs. The home store salesman laughed when I told him to load the table into my CX9, but he had to eat his words! It all fit. The negatives we have are mostly nitpicky. We have absolutely no luck getting the voice recognition to work, either for dialing the phone or for any other commands. The navigation is not user friendly. The touch screen is difficult to hit just right, especially while moving. It needs a zoom control that's not on screen - we always end up recentering the map instead of zooming in or out. It would be nice if the front passenger seat had a six way adjustment like the driver's seat. The center console is a little too wide for comfort sometimes, and small cups sink out of sight in the cupholders. The sun visors are too thick to hold our garage door opener. Like I said, nitpicky! Overall, we love this vehicle and would definitely buy another Mazda!

Superb Crossover

by Avid golfer from Central Maryland | January 19, 2008

Bought the 2007 CX-9 Grand Touring in March '07, and after ten months, have 23,400 miles on the car. Driven it through 23 states, with never a hitch, except for gas. Mileage is about 17 around town, peaks at about 23 on the road. Not as good as we'd hoped, but aceptable. Very nice car: grandkids love the third row, which could handle adults for short runs. Roomy everywhere, and handles like a much smaller vehicle (Zoom, Zoom, Zoom applies!). Peppy, despite the weight penalty of AWD. 20 inch tires ride a bit rougher than we like, and we would've preferred the 19 inchers that come on lower trim lines, but the overall GT package is a much sweeter deal. We have Sirius and nav system, so the dash displays get a little busy, but we've learned our way around. Tire pressure sensors are great: have alerted us to a slow leak on one corner. We have Bluetooth for the cell phone, and that has turned out to be a lot more useful than I'd expected. Cargo room is exceptional, and well managed. BIg enough to handle two golf bags and enough luggage for two adults for two weeks without lowering the second-row setbacks. One downside: the cargo cover is too long to be stowed inside the car when using the third row seats: kind of a no-forethought design. A couple more things we wish it had: memory mirrors and steering wheel positions to go with the seat settings (like the Nissan Murano has), and no trip computer (like almost everything retailing for over $30K has). And why only one seatback map pocket?? 2007 was the first year for the CX-9, and we're quite happy with the car. Draws admiring looks everywhere, and we've given a number of demo/test rides to interested parties. Really like the turn signal repeaters in the side mirrors, and the front end lighting is height-adjustable from the dash, to compensate for loads. Great headlight coverage, too. One other small, but much appreciated item: the front seat cupholders are deep enough to hold a drink the size of a Venti Starbuck's or a tall water bottle, so tipping in corners is not a problem. There is also a storage slot in all four door pockets suitable for a water bottle or can. Ours is Cinammon Red, with the beige and black interior, a combination that works well. Wish the floor mats were a little more substantial, though. Motor Trend got it right when they selected to 2008 CX-9 as Car of the Year. It's a winner!!

Featured Services for this Mazda CX-9