2010 Mazda CX-9

Available in 6 styles:  2010 Mazda CX-9 4dr FWD shown

Overall

best car i have owned

by Mini Van mid life crisis from Atlanta, GA | August 11, 2014

We purchased the 2010 in Jan (8 months ago). I was tired of driving a mom mobile and wanted something more sporty, but still liked the option of 7 seats. We chose the Mazda CX9 after all the reviews. We will drive this for a few more years and trade it in on a new one. Hopefully by then Mazda will make it bucket seats for the middle row. Drove from Atlanta to Cleveland, smooth ride and storage for 4 was plenty.

Best For Family

by dug from CA | July 30, 2014

Did not want Mini-Van. Regretted needing the 3rd Seat. Best for comparable size vehicles. Good for family yet still sporty enough for both driving and look. Also very reliable. Great warranty.

Great family car

by Bonnie from Lebanon, NH | May 2, 2014

I bought my 2010 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring 2 weeks ago with 60000 miles on it. I was in the market for a vehicle with 3rd row seating but wanted something a bit cooler looking than a minivan. This car did just the trick! Pros: The outside is very stylish. It doesn't quite look like a car, or an SUV or a minivan. People said they didn't realize it was 4 years old, it has similar styling to newer cars. The xenon headlights and 20" tires add a bit of class to it too. On the inside the Grand Touring has all the options. I love the 2 tone black leather seating. The touchscreen navigation unit is awesome. It has blindspot monitoring in each of the side mirrors. The dual climate control is really helpful. It has heated leather seats but I haven't tried them out since it's spring right now. I am in love with the power liftgate that allows you to open and close the trunk with hands full of groceries. The third row seat isn't huge but is definately big enough for my 5 and 2 1/2 year olds. Cons: Gas milage has been 15.3 (all city) but I din't expect that much from such a large vehicle. The second row seat is a bit cumbersome to move forward and back. There is no LATCH anchor system for carseats in the 3rd row. The sunroof is a bit small and farthur back (especially for a short person.) Altogether I LOVE this car. It suits all of my family needs with 3 small children. It also has all the luxury options and styling so I still feel cool when I (occasionally) get to go out without the children.

First time Mazda driver

by Herkdriver from Atlanta GA | January 6, 2014

Having just purchased a CX-9 from a large national used car chain, all I have for now is purchase and initial driving observations. First-the chain. Great to have one place to shop for many different makes/models. Their commission model (commission on volume not price) is, for me, a real plus. No, you don't get the bottom dollar for your purchase but you don't have to deal with sales persons that don't care about your budget or what you really want. They are there to sell you the car you really want (if they have it). We transferred this car from out of state and the process was EASY. The car--very good fit and finish for a 3 year old car (it has 46K on the odometer). Leather is very comfy, the stereo is very nice, our two tone interior looks REALLY SHARP. The "infotainment" system has a manual all it's own. You'll probably have to read it to figure out half of it's capabilities. The third row seat is rather small but will fit my 5'5" 15 year old for a short trip. Visibilty is good to all sides but does lack in the two rear corners. A BSM (blind spot monitoring) system helps but takes gettting used to. All controls are easy to reach and leave plenty of room to roam. Exterior wise, the overall design is quite nice and stands off from the crowd (ours is "Dolphin Grey") BUT, the front grill looks more like a cheshire cat gran than a "Zoom Zoom" cross over. Thank goodness the grill changed in 2013. Lighting is very bright and high beams are very useful. The back-up camera is a fun toy but don't let it replace your mirrors and turning your head. Performance, Fuel mileage needs to be much better. Don't have real mileage numbers yet but expect around the same as our 13 year old Sienna. Plenty of power and braking is very good. The 20" rims and "performance" tires are a bit loud at highway speeds, goos thing the radio os planty loud. Over all we chose the CX-9 due to it's value factor. Picked up a FULLY loaded model for 5K less than a new stripped leather interior model. Will update after a few months if things change

first time mazda buyer

by Big guy from Ocala Florida | January 15, 2013

First Mzda I've bought. So far seems like a great car for the money. It's has very comfortable seats and I like the interior design. enough room for 4 adults and two chrildren in the 3rd seat. good exceleration for passing.

Best SUV I've Owned

by Corvettejerry from Pennsylvania | July 25, 2012

I've owned for 2 months. The vehicle is almost 2 tears old. I've owned 3 Explorers and none come close to the CX9 in ride, comfort, looks, etc. The only complaint is there were no automatic door locks in 2010.

Love this CX9!

by houdini987 from Newtown, CT | May 3, 2012

This was our first Mazda and we're thrilled with the car. Styling interior and exterior is great - we're constantly telling ourselves how good the car looks when we approach it in a parking lot. Interior design is very cool and roomy. Performance is awesome, there's really nothing I can say bad about the car.

Joy to drive

by pdctravel from Los Angeles | October 25, 2011

We love how smoothly the car drives and how effortlessly the engine gears up to drive quickly. Excellent family car and for carpools and long trips. Nice combination of being sporty but still able to seat 7 with the thrid row (though that back row is for kids) The only drawback is that we get 15-17MPG overall (city and highway combined). Would highly recommend and is reliable and feels very safe. Excellent value, we think drives as well as the Acura MDX and better than the Highlander or Honda Pilot.

Love it, but not the MPG

by SUV owner from Minneapolis, MN | March 2, 2011

Let me start by saying I love our 2010 CX-9 Touring. It looks great. It's interior is nearly perfect and very comfortable. It drives great. Handling, acceleration is better than expected. The only thing I'm disappointed with is the mileage. My wife drives the car to work and back about 50 miles per day. The drive is a pretty even mix or suburban driving and highway. She's been averaging 16-17 mpg since we purchased it in October, 2010. We've never had better than 20 mpg and she's a pretty easy on the gas driver. She was getting 15-16 mpg with our 2005 Suburban Z-71 and we went with the CX-9 in hopes of improving her fuel economy. So far, it hasn't worked out that way.

Great Car for the Price

by Mazda Lover from Atlanta, GA | February 4, 2011

The CX-9 is a great car for the price. It's amazing how roomy the car is inside and that it has 3 rows of seating. It's got most of the upgrades of a much more expensive car and feels a lot sporty than a typical SUV.