For the 2010 model year, the CX-9 seven-seat crossover gets its most significant update since 2008, when its V-6 engine grew in size from 3.5 to 3.7 liters. Available with front- or all-wheel drive, the CX-9 competes with the Chevrolet Traverse, Hyundai Veracruz and Toyota Highlander.
New for 2010
The CX-9's exterior is restyled for 2010, bringing it in line with the rest of the Mazda family. It also boasts interior upgrades, including new upholstery and trim, and the optional heated front seats now have two heat levels. The thin card-shaped remote control has been replaced by a more conventional key fob for use with the Grand Touring's keyless entry and start features. The optional backup camera has a wider angle to improve the rear view.
The CX-9 has sleeker lines and a sportier look than most crossovers, especially large, three-row ones. The most noticeable changes compared with the 2009 model are the smiling grille and the shape of the taillights, both of which follow the lead established by other redesigned 2010 Mazdas, such as the Mazda3. The standard 18- and optional 20-inch wheels have been redesigned.
- Chrome door handles and turn-signal side mirrors (Grand Touring)
- Available power liftgate
- Available xenon headlights
The second row's backrest can recline or fold flat, and the seat can slide fore and aft to optimize legroom and cargo space. There's room for two in the 50/50-split third-row seat, which also can fold flat.
- Fabric on standard cloth seats new for 2010
- New leather on optional powered front seats
- New chrome and piano-black accents for 2010
- Double-lid center console new for 2010
- Optional navigation and backseat entertainment systems
Under the Hood
The CX-9 features a 273-horsepower, 3.7-liter V-6 with 270 pounds-feet of torque. Front- and all-wheel drive are offered.
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission with clutchless-manual mode
- V-6 runs on regular gas
- 16/22 mpg city/highway for front-wheel drive and 15/21 mpg for all-wheel drive
Standard safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Three-row side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system with Roll Stability Control
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mazda CX-9
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.