2013 Mazda CX-9

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car For Kids and Dogs

by Buying For a Family from Irvine, CA | March 26, 2014

We had been looking for a 7 seater suv for about a while now. We are just starting a family and need more space in the car for dogs kids and stuff. We found the Mazda Cx9 and fell in love all the things we wanted and a large amount of space for the price. We liked the look and love how much room it gives you inside. Its the best 7 seater for the price I think we looked at fords explorers with everything the Mazda came with it would the Ford would of been out of our price range for what we wanted inide.

best 7 passenger unit for the money

by go zoom zoom from gold canyon, arizona | January 17, 2014

I bought this mazda because the 05 tribute we had with 177,000 miles on it needed nothing. we never changed a hose or a belt. we did tune it up once. that's it! That is why we really looked at mazda after we tested other brands. Check this out before you buy a similar unit. This one is GOOD!

Great expectations trumped by shortcomings

by Mazda Newbie from Philadelphia Pa | January 13, 2014

I've had my 2013 CX-9 for half a year now but quickly lost the love when discovering the shortcomings one doesn't pickup on the test drive. I feel that the exterior styling is very classy but it seems to lack when considering the interior. Up fron storage is bare lacks some amenities such as cup holders and power outlets considering I have 7 seats and a $3k tech package. The performance is great, there is no doubt about it but after a few months it seems to take on more of a truck like feel rather than the feel of a sedan it started out with. The second row seats do not fold flat (what?) like every SUV in existence really limiting the cargo space you think you have. Open the rear hatch but no dome light unless you also open the door and unless you are 6 feet tall you will be able not reach to manually turn on. And the stereo......the biggest selling point is also the biggest let down. Bluetooth and pandora app are fantastic, however the streaming text just flat out does not work and the USB/IPOD connection is absolutely horrible. It takes a minimum of 2 minutes to load (if you are lucky) shuffles horribly, has to reload every time you switch to a different function or turn the car off (another 2 - 10 minutes) and starts back from the beginning EVERY TIME!! The navigation is also pretty lame but I can just use my IPhone for the maps. Long review short, a simple software update for the entertainment system could bring this vehichle up to 5 stars.

Handles Like a Sports Car

by Tim Burr from Connecticut | December 31, 2013

I've had the 2013 Mazda CX-9 for almost a year now and strongly recommend this vehicle. I test drove the Explorer, Durango, Pilot, Traverse, Pathfinder, Highlander, and Santa Fe and, while all are competent in their own right, I found myself comparing each of them to the CX-9. After test-driving the CX-9, it was the only car that made me say "Wow" afterward. The Pathfinder, Pilot, and Traverse were big, bulky, cavernous rides. The Santa Fe felt thin and cheap. The Highlander was boring. I rented the Explorer one weekend and didn't like the MyFord touch interface, the funky blinker, the lack of leg room in the foot well, and the weird way the seats sit on top of an elevated platform. The Durango was a very close second place and I almost bought this vehicle but I don't have anything to tow and didn't like the 5-speed transmission (2014 is now an 8-speed and I might be driving the Durango had I waited a year). The CX-9 seats are very comfortable, the vehicle handles extremely well, and the quality of the interior is near-luxury. It has been very dependable the last 10 months and I've enjoyed driving it. The only downside is the poor gas mileage - which is true of all of these vehicles, but the CX-9 seems to be one of the worse of the bunch. I just came back from a weekend in VT where we got 8 inches of snow and the CX-9 handled flawlessly. We've taken it on many family trips and it fits the family perfectly. I strongly recommend this vehicle.

Hidden gem among class

by Bort from San Jose | November 9, 2013

Performs like a sports car with the room of a large SUV. Better designed interior and luxury than others. Comfortable interior and appealing exterior. Good tech features. Nice to drive.

Mazda CX9

by Phoenix Girl from Phoenix AZ | October 27, 2013

This is my second CX 9. Compared it to Acura MDX and Inifiniti JX35. The Mazda out performed both accept in MPG but the $12K lower price made up that difference and more. It's a nice looking car with lots of interior room. It's got an easy to use 3rd row for hauling lots of kids when needed, and it''s comfortable. Highly recommend. (BTY the CX 9 I traded in had 75K miles and all I ever di was replace 2 tires, 3 filters, and one flush, along with oil changes every 6K miles. Can't beat that in maintenance!)

best performing suv 2013 mazda cx-9

by quality for the price from memphis,TN | October 5, 2013

This car not only has curb appeal, but the performance is great. In comparison to other suvs its very spacious an gernantown mazda along with a terriffic an vey knoledgeable salesman bubba sterling sold us a quality car at a very resonable price. im 68 an been through many car transactions some ok an some lousy this one was the best ........who knows,lol months later i might think i got taken advantage of,lol, but today with bubba sterling at germantown mazda it sure did feel good ...l highly reccommend these folks.... an all u can eat free popcorn.

Love my CX9

by Rick from Joliet, Illinois | September 24, 2013

This CUV is amazing, it has all the toys, bells and whistles. If you are not shy about the gas prices associated to this vehicle then it is a good buy. It has ample room for the entire family and much more. My sons love it.

Very stylish and sporty

by Mark s from Chicago,IL | September 16, 2013

I test drove several 7 passenger SUV's and this was the best one. This one has the best styling and its very sporty. It doesnt make you fell like you are driving a big truck.

SUV that handles like a sports car.

by Grayz from Middletown, NY | August 17, 2013

First impression was, wow the interior is so spacious ,.............................. after driving the cx9 Touring for awhile, my first impression was correct. The cx9 has loads of room inside front row and second row. We use it with 3rd row laying flat to give a huge space inside the hatchback. The cx9 accelerates nicely and it's handling and braking is superb. I have never before driven an SUV that handles as well as the cx9. The interior conveniences and safety features make driving this car a joy. Once you have paired your cell phone with the 5.8" dashboard touch screen the streaming Bluetooth makes telephone use as easy as a voice command. Push the call button on the steering wheel and the car asks you who you want to call ! Give a voice command and the car selects from your telephone book and makes the call for you. If there was ever a safe way to make a call while driving this would be it. Combine this with the heat in the seats, touch screen audio and superb leg room and the cx9 is a pleasure to drive.