2006 Mazda Mazda3

See Photos & Videos

Overall

super reliable cars

by Bethecar from st. louis mo. | June 1, 2014

Owned 7 Protégé / 3's back to 91 & still have two of them and all great cars w never a problem! only routine maint.... and the best fun to drive of any compact car...

I'd buy again.

by Wheelz from Panhandle of Florida | August 1, 2013

I bought my Mazda3 brand new in 2006, 7 years ago. Paid in full at time of purchase. This car and I have been through so much together. The only major thing that has needed replacing is the manual transmission, 2 years ago - which is typical for Mazda3s. She's still has good tread depth on her second set of tires (I bought Kendas.) I am able to get my wheelchair in and out of the backseat with relative ease. The trunk is spacious and if I need a little more storage room, I just fold down a seat. She still handles like a dream, and I enjoy whipping through traffic. Her MPG is still at a loverly 28-30 on average, with popping up to 32 on road trips and in this day of high gas prices, it feels great to only need to fill up once or twice a month. Zoom, zoom.

reliable car

by Commuter car from Frederick md | May 7, 2013

Handles well and the motor is quiet. Would be nice if it did not have a electric power steering pump. But everything else is very nice. car has 110,000 miles on it.

Amazing used car

by Dennis D from | December 19, 2012

This is our second mazda3. Highly recommend if you want a sporty, reliable used car that feels just like it did in 2006 when it was first purchased. The 3 Grand Touring has leather seats that look new. The rest of the interior has aged well so that we feel that we got a new car for thousands off the original sticker price.

So glad I bought this over the Civic

by JJ from Naperville, IL | August 20, 2012

I was deciding between the Mazda3 and the Civic and after test driving both cars the Mazda clearly stuck out as the more fun car to drive. Plus, I like the styling *so* much better. I've owned my Mazda3 for five years now and I've never regretted the decision. I still love to drive it and still love to look at it. Plus, it's been 100% reliable. I follow the service schedule and have had no unexpected problems.

good value for the money

by car enthusiast from Shreveport | July 10, 2012

Runs good, happy with the 4 cylinder engine. Standard trans ensures good acceleration. Hatchback has lots of storage. Already upgraded the car stereo with an aftermarket model.

Great little car so far...

by Smokey from Greensburg PA | May 1, 2012

Owned the car a little over 2 motnths, and so far, other than a couple of minor problems that were addressed by the dealer, I have no complaints whatsoever. Fun car to drive, great hadling, plenty of power for a 4 cylinder, and decent gas mileage. Would definately buy another!

Love this thing

by Mazdathlete from Plymouth MA | October 3, 2011

Bought this the hatchback as an answer to rising gas prices, and it has definitely come through; I find myself putting gas in every 2 weeks, and it's not painful on your wallet to fill from empty. It's fun to drive; handles awesome, and has pickup when you want it. It has a surprising amount of room once the backseat is laid down, and I have yet to find a car with a nicer interior layout. I've had it since 2008, and have yet to have a single mechanical problem with it, outside of routine maintenance. I'm a big outdoors guy, and this car has taken me all over New England to ski, hike, cycle, and run in all kinds of weather and has never let me down. I highly recommend this car.

GREAT VALUE

by ICEMAN from HAYMARKET VA | July 7, 2011

ACTUALLY MY SONS CAR--WE LIKE IT SO MUCH WE LOOKED FOR ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER BUT THE PRICES RECENTLY SHT UP--WE PURCHASED A 2006 <50,000 MILES -SUNROOF - MULTI CD--VERY GOOD SHAPE FOR $8995 IN APRIL

I want one too

by Car owner's Mom from Knoxville TN | June 29, 2011

Bought this car for my 19 year old son, who was away at college at the time. I drove it for two months - loved the sporty feel and LOVED the mpg! I want one too - but I want mine with leather interior and a few more perks that I feel I'm entitled to as a middle aged woman! LOL! Great car if you can find it in a 5 speed (why are they so hard to find these day? Automatic transmissions are so BORING!). I really would like to own a car like this someday for myself!

Featured Services for this Mazda Mazda3