2006 Mazda Mazda3

2006 Mazda Mazda3
Available in 8 styles:  2006 Mazda Mazda3 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Bad purchase. Friday afternoon lemon?

by Average guy from Montreal, Canada | August 1, 2014

I am surprised people wrote so much great reviews about this car because it became known that this car had a lot of issues in my region (Eastern Canada). I see a lot of them full of rust and these are 2006-2009 models. I think I wasn't lucky because 3 weeks after buying this new car, I had to be towed back to the dealer because a hose broke near the engine. When a the weather was a bit humid, the brakes would just make so much noise that I would wake up all the neighborhood in the morning going to work. Went to the dealer, argue with them, nothing to be done. And all this the first 2-3 years. Then, even with rust treatment, after 4 years, rust started to appear between the doors in the upper part. Shock mount broke twice, check engine is still on after replacing thermostat and sensors, etc ,etc. I bought this car because I like the look and I was thinking it was reliable. The look is fine but the reliability is far from my expection

Good little used car

by sandyjoe827 from Lexington, SC | July 11, 2014

Purchased a 2006 Mazda3 for our teenage daughter as her first car. Wanted something reliable - yet cute, of course - and feel like we got everything we wanted. Had 130,000 miles on it, but ran great and from the research we've done it should run for many more miles. Drives nice, feels solid, and she loves driving it.

super reliable cars

by Bethecar from st. louis mo. | June 1, 2014

Owned 7 Protégé / 3's back to 91 & still have two of them and all great cars w never a problem! only routine maint.... and the best fun to drive of any compact car...

I'd buy again.

by Wheelz from Panhandle of Florida | August 1, 2013

I bought my Mazda3 brand new in 2006, 7 years ago. Paid in full at time of purchase. This car and I have been through so much together. The only major thing that has needed replacing is the manual transmission, 2 years ago - which is typical for Mazda3s. She's still has good tread depth on her second set of tires (I bought Kendas.) I am able to get my wheelchair in and out of the backseat with relative ease. The trunk is spacious and if I need a little more storage room, I just fold down a seat. She still handles like a dream, and I enjoy whipping through traffic. Her MPG is still at a loverly 28-30 on average, with popping up to 32 on road trips and in this day of high gas prices, it feels great to only need to fill up once or twice a month. Zoom, zoom.

reliable car

by Commuter car from Frederick md | May 7, 2013

Handles well and the motor is quiet. Would be nice if it did not have a electric power steering pump. But everything else is very nice. car has 110,000 miles on it.

Amazing used car

by Dennis D from | December 19, 2012

This is our second mazda3. Highly recommend if you want a sporty, reliable used car that feels just like it did in 2006 when it was first purchased. The 3 Grand Touring has leather seats that look new. The rest of the interior has aged well so that we feel that we got a new car for thousands off the original sticker price.

So glad I bought this over the Civic

by JJ from Naperville, IL | August 20, 2012

I was deciding between the Mazda3 and the Civic and after test driving both cars the Mazda clearly stuck out as the more fun car to drive. Plus, I like the styling *so* much better. I've owned my Mazda3 for five years now and I've never regretted the decision. I still love to drive it and still love to look at it. Plus, it's been 100% reliable. I follow the service schedule and have had no unexpected problems.

good value for the money

by car enthusiast from Shreveport | July 10, 2012

Runs good, happy with the 4 cylinder engine. Standard trans ensures good acceleration. Hatchback has lots of storage. Already upgraded the car stereo with an aftermarket model.

Great little car so far...

by Smokey from Greensburg PA | May 1, 2012

Owned the car a little over 2 motnths, and so far, other than a couple of minor problems that were addressed by the dealer, I have no complaints whatsoever. Fun car to drive, great hadling, plenty of power for a 4 cylinder, and decent gas mileage. Would definately buy another!

Love this thing

by Mazdathlete from Plymouth MA | October 3, 2011

Bought this the hatchback as an answer to rising gas prices, and it has definitely come through; I find myself putting gas in every 2 weeks, and it's not painful on your wallet to fill from empty. It's fun to drive; handles awesome, and has pickup when you want it. It has a surprising amount of room once the backseat is laid down, and I have yet to find a car with a nicer interior layout. I've had it since 2008, and have yet to have a single mechanical problem with it, outside of routine maintenance. I'm a big outdoors guy, and this car has taken me all over New England to ski, hike, cycle, and run in all kinds of weather and has never let me down. I highly recommend this car.

Featured Services for this Mazda Mazda3