2013 Mazda Mazda3

2013 Mazda Mazda3
Available in 8 styles:  2013 Mazda Mazda3 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Very fun car for the money

by Mazda Memphis from Memphis, Tennessee | May 20, 2015

My job situation required me to downgrade from a two year old Camaro SS to something cheaper with good gas mileage. I bought a new manual trans Honda Civic and it was OK but seemed unstable on the highway and had basically no pickup. After about a year, I saw a friend of mine driving a Mazda 3 and I decided to go test drive one. What a huge difference from the Civic. Traction control, wider tires, much better pickup, smooth manual 6 speed, much funner car to drive. The Civic had a far better entertainment system than my Mazda, but the Mazda also has a USB port and it does the job well enough. Having the Camaro spoiled me as far as speed and pickup goes but the Mazda does a great job for a 150 HP engine. Not much torque but the 6 speed manual trans allows you to pull ahead when you need to gun it for whatever reason. The Honda could NOT do that at all. Trunk space is large and the back seat is plenty big for my kids. I drive almost all city and the gas mileage readout after a year tells me that the average is 32 mpg, exactly like my Honda said after a year. If you need an inexpensive car with good pickup, a very stable ride, and great gas mileage, you cant go wrong with the Mazda 3. I can definitely see why they say, zoom zoom.

I LOVE MY CAR

by Jasper from pALM sPRINGS, ca | October 5, 2014

I HAVE A 2013 MAZDA 3 COUPE WITH 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANS AND SKY ACTIVE.. I HAVE THE MID RANGE SPORT TRIM. I LOVE MY CAR. GREAT GAS MILEAGE AND FUN TO DRIVE.

Cutter Mazda Honolulu

by Danny from Honolulu | August 18, 2014

I love this car! Test drove at least 10 other cars before I finally got to drive the Mazda 3 Matt from cutter Mazda in Honolulu is not your typical car salesmen. If you ever want to test drive a car and you don't want some pushy car salesmen ask for Matt!! He was super patient and helpful 5 stars!!!

Stay away from Grieco Mazda of Delray

by consumer from Highland Beach | June 28, 2014

I test drove a Mazda 3 Hatchback at the Grieco Mazda of Delray and liked it. I was given a sales price that I thought was reasonable. I told them that I would think about it and come back later. They assured me that they would honor the price and wrote it down on the salesmans' business card. When I returned a week later to purchased the car, they refuse to honor the price saying that they have misquoted the price. They claimed that the price they gave me was apparently for 2013 model not 2014. Without even an apology, they wanted me to purchase the 2013 model at that price. When I confronted the salesman, Tyler Enzinna, he said he couldn't remember. I would advise everyone to stay away from this dealership. They can't be trusted. They also have unreasonable dealership add on charges that are in thousands.

Our 4th purchase

by A dependable long lasting econ9omical car from Waterbury, Ct. | June 25, 2014

This is a great car easy to handle. And I know this will last us a long time. Our first was the Mazda 626 then the Protege and then a MazdaMPV. All from Modern Motors of Thomaston Ct..

Great Little Car

by Psi 5 from Fairfax, VA | June 9, 2014

Needed a car for my daughter to learn to drive. Had to be a manual transmission, inspire confidence when driving, safe, and reliable. Compared and test drove all the usual suspects (Civic, Corolla, Jetta, Mazda 3) and bought the Mazda. Everyone values different things about cars so here are the criteria I used (in order) and comments on each car for them. I didn't consider features (all can be spec'd out to have what you want), price (all are similarly priced after aggressive negotiation), and all are safe and reliable. 1. Handling - Mazda: very crisp, responsive, and stable - Jetta: solid, German-style handling, firm - Civic : not as balanced as they used to be, more towards comfort that handling - Corolla: squishy, soft, flaccid 2. Performance - Mazda: best engine/transmission combo by far - Civic: best clutch, silky smooth - Jetta: best engine, strong throughout - Corolla: meh all around 3. Styling/ergonomics - Mazda: polarizing exterior (I like it), quality interior materials, and very comfortable - Toyota: boring exterior, best interior design, seats OK - Civic: handsome exterior, weird interior and cheap materials Jetta: totally anonymous exterior, very cheap interior materials Conclusion: - Mazda: best combo of handling, performance, efficiency, and design with quality materials and construction - Civic: did not buy mostly because of the build quality, handling biased toward comfort, and average performance - Jetta : did not buy because of the build quality, cheap interior materials, boring style - Corolla: did not buy because of the poor handling, weak engine, mediocre transmission, and really boring design In the end, the Mazda offered the best combination of what I valued. Over the first month of ownership, it has not disappointed. Solid, stable, decent performance, excellent handling, and terrific fuel economy. For context, our family car is a Honda Odyssey so I was biased toward Hondas but the Civic didn't quite cut it. (the Odyssey is a far superior Honda vehicle) . My car is a BMW 3 series and the Mazda was the closest to it in terms of handling, performance, and stability. If you value comfort and mainstream design over performance and style, the Mazda might not be your first choice but it was mine by a mile.

Great Car

by STL MAZDA MAN from STL | May 14, 2014

My only complain with this car is the steering wheel. With that said, it's a really great car! My recommendation is to test drive this car if you are thinking to buy. The wheel has a few uncomfortable edges on it, but it may just be my driving style. As I knew when I was purchasing this car, it has a sporty ride. It corners well, but it has to compromise ride comfort a bit.

Best car ever ...

by lobster642002 from Valparaiso In | January 10, 2014

Purchased my 2013 Mazda 3 about 9 months ago. My average gas Millage is 38 50/50 city and hwy . Great in the snow . Easy Bluetooth , radio great . I stream my music through the Bose system , Sounds great. Comfy seats , heated . Large trunk space.

It is a good choice

by J from Tucson | December 15, 2013

I got this car two weeks ago and it runs greatly since I got it. I was hesitating between Mazda 3 and altima which was on sale and only about 2k more expensive than mazda. But I don't like CVT because 6 selectable automatic actually gives you more control. Anyways, it was a good choice so far. Strongly recommend

Absolutely LOVE my MAZDA 3

by AZGrace from Arizona | November 25, 2013

I had to go car shopping after my last car was totaled in a car accident. I went out car shopping with my heart set on a Kia Optima, but found they were over my budget and gas mileage wasn't what I was looking for. I glanced over to another dealership across the way and came across a Mazda 3 sedan. I loved everything about it on the outside, and after the test drive, the reviews, and the gas mileage, I was sold! I love everything about this car. Although the car was pre-owned, it had less than 5k miles on it. I would definitely recomed this car to anyone. ZOOM ZOOM!