2014 Mazda Mazda3

2014 Mazda Mazda3
Available in 11 styles:  2014 Mazda Mazda3 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Love the safety features!

by Dolphin from Honolulu, HI | May 5, 2015

I bought a new 2014 Mazda3 i 5-door grand touring for the safety features. I considered other makes, but this was the only make and model in its class that had everything I wanted: rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensors and turn signal indicators on the side mirrors. It also has a lot of extras that I didn't want or need, but surprisingly, I've used the navigation system and didn't expect to do so as I live on an island. Bluetooth is built in and easy to use. The infotainment system is not intuitively obvious, and it is not possible to turn off the music, only mute it.

5 star performance sedan

by Herman N from ATL | May 1, 2015

I purchased the 2014 iTouring with a moon roof for less than 20 k with 4.8 k miles on the odometer a couple of weeks ago. After adding another 4 k miles I can say that this car makes me a very happy sportivo driver. MPG on freeways 40.6, in town 30.9. Interior is fantastic, seats are best of class. Mine still has this small retro display, but never mind. Driving feels like a BMW M3 but better because of FWD. I managed to transport with the Touring two medium sized palm trees, with a bit of cargo management and all doors CLOSED. It feels like a sports car, two people will enjoy a very comfortable ride, even on long hauls. I tested my Touring on a 450 miles ride from GA to FL with no rest, and When I stepped out after more than 6 hours I had no dumb feeling in my legs or back. I drove Mustangs, Audi4, BMW3, Ford Edge and Escape, VW Golf before. My Mazda 3 is the top choice amongst all of them. Time will tell if the Skyactiv engine will last reliable. For me this Mazda 3 is a top of the line stylish great driving car. Love it, absolutely!

LOVE IT

by SJ from Dallas, TX | March 10, 2015

I have the sGT. Love the power, styling, gas mileage, adaptive front light system, rear camera, sound system, user interface, seats etc etc. The only dislike is the trunk. Could have used quality materials in the trunk for sure.

Updates

by Canadian M3'er from Halifax, NS Canada | March 4, 2015

Hi there! Just wanted to write a few updates Gas Mileage: Please note I suspected the BMW I mentioned to have a 50L fuel tank (aprox 13.2Gal) it actually has a 60L tank) The mileage in the city is sub standard but it is to be expected with a 2.5L engine. I have to say though, the HWY mileage is amazing! I filled the tank and using cruise, set at about 105KPH I was able to travel almost 350 KM on half a tank, now the range is listed with 250km remaining in the tank (still at half) so I get approx. 600KM highway. About nav, I discovered if you turn the volume knob while the drivers speaker is muted for instruction, it does increase the volume of the spoken turn by turn instructions. But it is a bit annoying when listening to music. So far, everything has worked perfectly! I really enjoy my 3, but I will say I do feel the headlights could be a bit brighter same with the fog lights. Heated seats in the winter do take some time to warm up, but the car is incredibly comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I love everything about this car, but still wish I had XM (I will invest in an accessory add-on soon enough) but I love that I can play music directly from my phone over Bluetooth and can control the phone (play, forward, back) with the control knob and steering control buttons. If you are looking for a car with mean style, this is definitely a car for you. I opted for the 2.5 as I felt the 2.0 was a bit sluggish, I have not been disappointed. The overall styling is impressive - makes me feel like my car is the quarterback of a football team with game paint on his face. Intimidating. (and not to mention the tail lights are something else) For being a "Mazda Canada Rep" Demo, I really think I got a great deal with the discounts, and add ins my dealer happily included for me. This car, is definitely a decision worth making.

Impressive for the price

by Danger Mouse from Indiana, IN | February 10, 2015

I owned a 2004 Mazda 3 s base model (04 was the first year for the 3) and it lasted me 10+ years with some minor hiccups, mostly from the ford parts side, now that Mazda is back to 100% Japanese I wanted to give it another shot since I did truly love my 04. I ended up with a 2014 Mazda 3 S GT with every option (with the 2015s out I was able to get more off the last remaining 2014). And what can I say, it has come a very long way in 10 years. The leather is supple and soft, the infotainment system is easily the best in its range and the additional features like blind spot monitoring, smart city braking and radar cruise control make it even more impressive. The 2.5L skyactiv is powerful and pop it in sport mode makes it respond even better. The 6 speed with paddle shifters are crisp and lets you pretend like its the F1 car you always wanted. In short, for the value I don't think you could do any better, time will tell if reliability will hold up. Meanwhile I am loving every second!

Time will tell

by Canadian M3'er from Halifax, NS | February 1, 2015

Firstly, let me state that the Canadian auto market has different trim levels and inclusions than the US market for the Mazda3. I am disappointed that some inclusions in the US model of the vehicle I purchased are options or part of a package on my Canadian Model. That's prettymuch the only issue. I owned in the past a 2008 Mazda3 GS (mid- range, as Canada only has 3 trim levels Base GX Mid GS and Top GT) I purchased and extended warranty (thankfully) I replaced the following items on my 08: - Steering Pump - Oxygen Sensor (Engine) - Oxygen Sensor (Exhaust) - Temperature Sensor - Master Brake Cylinder - Door Seals/Gaskets - Shift Pivot (rusted as it is not encased) - Negative cable for the starter (at 6 years) - Transmission at 100K. I initially swore to never buy a Mazda again, however, I was kind of reconvinced with the new styling of the '14 Mazda3. They won me back. This time I ensured I purchased the Maintenance Package as well as the 6yr/160,000KM extended warranty with the vehicle. So far, it has the UMPH I am looking for, that I did not find in Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Scion FR-S and TC... The 9 SP BOSE sound system may not be absolute top of the line, but wow does my car vibrate! I absolutely love everything about this vehicle from the look to the feel of driving and the styling of both the interior and exterior. I will say though that the "Range" for the tank of fuel is a bit underwhelming (My mom's '13 BMW 328i Xdrive - all wheel drive vehicle gets almost 600km to a 52 litre tank versus the 50Litre tank on the 3 which gets about 520KM on full give or take.) I know my City well, so I cant really comment much on the Nav system, but I have tried it out and love that the directions and turns come up on the HUD ... however, when this happens the audio muytes on the driver's side. Maybe it is supposed to be speaking directions - I don't know, I still have to dig deeper. I enjoy the Maintenance, Oil and Tire Rotation reminders and wish that I had the ability to vice command "send text to "name" and then speak the message. I wish that XM radio were standard with the Luxury package, and not with the Tech package - as that would be the only reason I would get the tech package. I don't need blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, high beam assist and collision prevention. Sadly, the US models offer a bit more bang for the buck in inclusions per package, which is where some of the score has been reflected, also the seats could stand to be a small bit more cushy. Also, I opted for the Black leather and red-exterior, I did not really enjoy the look of the two tone leather as much in person as I did in photos. So, Time will tell if I will have the same issues with my fingers crossed that I won't! That is why I bought extra protection thru the extended warranty program. Especially if the vehicle is in for more than 24hrs you are provided a rental free of charge (or reimbursement upto X per day out of pocket) this has come in VERY handy in the past.

Not a good start

by Doug from Wheatland, CA | November 15, 2014

Purchased on Nov 2, '14, next day (3rd) oil light and check engine light came on. Had to wait a week for dealer to take it. It's been in the shop for over a week waiting for an oil pump from Mazda. I'm told Mazda is slow (4-5 days or more) to deliver parts to dealers. Not the new car experience I expected. Not happy so far.

LOVE IT

by ZOOM ZOOM from nj | November 1, 2014

Best car I ever bought nice styling great on gas. Very comfortable plenty of pick up, everyone stops and looks at the car some ask what kind of car is it. style is sleek sporty and sexy, no other car maker has a car that looks this good in the price range , forget Hyundia, toyota, Honda This is IT

Wonderful car, couple of puzzling omissions

by I Like A Stick from Philadelphia, PA | September 8, 2014

As the nick-name I was required to pick indicates I do like a stick shift. I give Mazda a lot of credit for putting a stick in a car like the i-grand-touring that has a lot of pep, is darned fun to drive, and comes with all of the modern conveniences. Most car companies are limiting their sticks, if they have them at all, to their most basic econo-boxes. I have two nit-picky complaints, but they do bug me. First, no hatch release accessible to the driver, nor is there a hatch release on the smart-key. I guess if you don't buy your beer at a drive-through this is less of an issue. Even though the guy could open it, he's not figuring it out, and you have to get out and do it for him. Second, the satellite radio display is limited to 16 characters which truncates a remarkable amount of stuff to gibberish. But all in all, great car, great price, great fuel economy. I'm pretty happy.

Cheap

by Offdutybatman from Melbourne fl | August 29, 2014

I test drove this car recently when shopping for a car, I had a snarky and rude salesman and the car felt cheap and even sluggish when I shifted gears, had a very poor acceleration and overall just felt cheap. I went and bought a Toyota corolla for the same price and it reliable and doesn't feel cheap