2014 Mazda Mazda3

Starting MSRP

Overall

Not a good start

by Doug from Wheatland, CA | November 15, 2014

Purchased on Nov 2, '14, next day (3rd) oil light and check engine light came on. Had to wait a week for dealer to take it. It's been in the shop for over a week waiting for an oil pump from Mazda. I'm told Mazda is slow (4-5 days or more) to deliver parts to dealers. Not the new car experience I expected. Not happy so far.

LOVE IT

by ZOOM ZOOM from nj | November 1, 2014

Best car I ever bought nice styling great on gas. Very comfortable plenty of pick up, everyone stops and looks at the car some ask what kind of car is it. style is sleek sporty and sexy, no other car maker has a car that looks this good in the price range , forget Hyundia, toyota, Honda This is IT

Wonderful car, couple of puzzling omissions

by I Like A Stick from Philadelphia, PA | September 8, 2014

As the nick-name I was required to pick indicates I do like a stick shift. I give Mazda a lot of credit for putting a stick in a car like the i-grand-touring that has a lot of pep, is darned fun to drive, and comes with all of the modern conveniences. Most car companies are limiting their sticks, if they have them at all, to their most basic econo-boxes. I have two nit-picky complaints, but they do bug me. First, no hatch release accessible to the driver, nor is there a hatch release on the smart-key. I guess if you don't buy your beer at a drive-through this is less of an issue. Even though the guy could open it, he's not figuring it out, and you have to get out and do it for him. Second, the satellite radio display is limited to 16 characters which truncates a remarkable amount of stuff to gibberish. But all in all, great car, great price, great fuel economy. I'm pretty happy.

Cheap

by Offdutybatman from Melbourne fl | August 29, 2014

I test drove this car recently when shopping for a car, I had a snarky and rude salesman and the car felt cheap and even sluggish when I shifted gears, had a very poor acceleration and overall just felt cheap. I went and bought a Toyota corolla for the same price and it reliable and doesn't feel cheap

First Mazda I've owned; won't be my last

by Soulred14 from Greensburg, PA | August 26, 2014

After owning V8, RWD cars my whole life (three Crown Victorias, a Camaro, and a GTO), I got sick of lousy MPG and wanted to see what was out there. I took a '14 Mazda 3 home for the night and never looked back! Mine is a 3 i Sport model in Soul Red Metallic. The car looks great, inside and out. I went with the manual because, frankly, why wouldn't I? The car is a blast to drive; completely enjoyable. I see anywhere from 33-41 mpg, and am never wanting for power. The stick-shift is a joy to operate and the seats are comfortable yet supportive. My only gripe is the road noise, but I feel as though the tires have a lot of blame in that. I guess I'll find out after the OEM tires wear out. All I can say is, if you're looking for a GOOD "economy" car, CHECK THIS OUT. Don't settle for the "usuals" (Corolla, Civic) just because they seem like the safe bet. Drive this and you won't look back!

Mazda 3 S Touring

by Bird from Myrtle Beach, SC | August 14, 2014

The 3 I bought is the hatchback. It is absolutely awesome. It is one good looking vehicle, and the safety features are excellent. It is fun to drive, but it is also practical. The 5 door gives me the ability to carry a lot of cargo. It gets great gas mileage, and handles well. Nothing (in the class) comes close to this car. I love this car!

Long time car buyer/seller -- 65 cars to date

by Tom Dykers. New car buyer from Rio Verde, AZ | July 18, 2014

The new 2014 Mazda3 i touring has been declared wonderful, far and wide. I had to have one too. I believe the car to be an good choice for whose who want good performance (acceleration, efficiency, and handling.). The 2.0 liter engine and 6 speed automatic are an excellent combination. The organization of the dashboard information and switches is poor. The lack of a 12 volt outlet in the forward center cavity caused an added cost of a separate wire installation for my radar detector. The design of all four inside door cavities for bottles left little space for maps, books, etc. The car has a very large trunk.

3S Hatchback manual

by Private citizen from Lake Bridge, LA | July 17, 2014

Great car with better interior materials and sweet cockpit ever designed on Mazda3 S GT Hatchback. The manual trans gives us enough performance while engine runs so smooth under peaceful acceleration. Gas mileage 42 mpg its much more safer car includes (Lane departure warning, navigation, text message from HANDSFREE Bluetooth, adaptive cruise control, rear view back up camera, heated leather seats and more.) The audio system a plus Bose sound includes Satellite radio, iPod interface, infotainment system. Controls are handsome to use love the TOMTOM Garmin navigation screen with buttons as a iPhone or Samsung Galaxy even has console knobs for the dashboard electronics too as for NAV, audio and phone it got all bells and whistles. Styling looks real sportier the ride is more firmed its quiet inside interior cabin with better fit and finish materials love the car on everything.

Real life crashed....

by S.C from Vancouver, BC, Canada | July 10, 2014

I went into an accident in few months after I got the car, My car doesn't seem like damaged very bad, but it was a written off by insurance company, the other car was completely loss its front. Thanks to Mazda, I didn't hurt a bit, and just walk out the car do what I should do in a crash, the other cars driver had taken by the ambulance, hope she would be fine. I brought another Mazda 3 GS 2014 after the accident, and I love it a lot, nice looking, very good handling, fun driving, comfortable, good fuel efficient .... Amazing, five stars

Fun

by Luv to Drive from SE Wisconsin | June 22, 2014

My second Mazda, excellent initial trim, mechanical, feels balanced, fun to drive. Some road noise. Getting about 37 MPG in mixed driving, expect to put considerable miles on this car.