We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2015 Mazda Mazda3

2015 Mazda Mazda3
Available in 11 styles:  2014 Mazda Mazda3 4dr Hatchback shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Zoom Zoom - Great all rounder

by Chopper from Virginia | February 15, 2016

I've owned this car (Mazda3 S GT hatch) for a little over a year; and so far it's been a great car all around. It's really an awesome vehicle for the class. The driving dynamics are excellent (fun to drive and handles well), and the steering is most precise I've ever used. Mazda is also still willing to offer a manual for us enthusiasts to enjoy. The interior is really good, especially for the class, and I find it comfortable. What's so great is you get all that in a package with excellent utility (if you get the hatch), and real world MPGs that match the sticker. You also can, for a reasonable price, get all the important options (Xenon headlights, seat heaters, etc) that previously weren't in cars of this class. I haven't really had any issues with the infotainment systems, I think they finally sorted that out. My only gripe is that I wish the car had better tires from the factory, but to be honest, I have never found a factory equipped tire I liked in any brand. You can always get a better tire, and for less. Sure, you could get another Japanese brand, but this one is a lot more fun.

Love my car

by mazda 3 2015....great buy from Miami | December 14, 2015

I was on a budget and mazda was the only one to meet my demands it has everything, I got the trim 3 and I do not regret it, only down side is road noise on bad roads, quiet otherwise, it is also my first car and I love it! Drive is great, gas milage is great, sound system is great ,techs are great If I had more money I would buy a higher end car but this car is the best I loved it at the test drive and what I read about it, great car company...would buy again...mazda 6!

Better than I hoped for. Purchase date 7/25/2015

by tom t from Kansas cCity MO | October 31, 2015

Up Side - Bought a 3S Grand Touring. It beat out the VW Golf SEL and a 2012 BMW 135i. Interior is flawless and easily bested the BMW. The off white leather is striking. The tech is excellent too. The nav works like it should and even the headlights swivel in turns. Touchscreen is a good adddition. Transmission is darn near perfect and aside from being a bit buzzy the engine is too. Above all though it's the handling I love. I drive mostly in the city and this car seems built for the driving/parking challenge that most cars fail. Down Side - The car is noisy on the higway..really noisy. Liveable but annoying. The EQ for the sound system is awful and the subwoofer needs a better crossover point. (Everything sounds like a bad hip hop cut) The engine sounds like a leafblower on startup. That's it. Love this car despite it's very minor faults. and yes I'd buy another.

As good as expected

by SpaniardTuga from Spain | October 20, 2015

I own a Mazda3 european 2.2 Diesel, top of the line. The first thing that got to me was some disappointment since the waiting times (3 months) and features aren't quite on par with our friends from the other side of the Atlantic. That said, the car is absolutely wonderful. I came from an Alfa Romeo and went to Mazda since it offered high end features for a somewhat reasonable price and I have to say they work nothing short of fantastic. The Radar Cruise Control, parking sensors, automatic everything (wipers, lights, ...) are just spot on and require no adjustments and no time to get used to since they Just Work (TM). The car itself has mammoth torque, it's beautiful and eats corners for breakfast. My only complaints are a relatively small fuel tank and the fuel consumption - it's by no means high for a 150hp twin-turbo, but it's definitely higher than the official figures.

Marvelous Mazda3

by Better than Best! from West Des Moines, IA | October 17, 2015

Outperforms my former hybrid in safety, features, comfort, style and mpg! Say YES to Mazda! YES! YES! YES!

Fairly disapppointed

by jst3712 from Melbourne, Australia | August 22, 2015

Mine's a 2015 Mazda 3 'SP25 Astina' (sedan). Please note that not all features mentioned below come with the standard SP25 or SP25 GT models. I would've given a higher rating, but there are a few CONS I want to mention... - I've only had it for 5-6 weeks (I bought it brand new from the dealer) and have already had to have the AT (auto transmission) replaced. - The integrated audio/navigation unit is a bit buggy and could be better. Nothing major though. - You do need to manually turn off 'i-STOP' every time if you don't want it switching off your engine when the vehicle is not in motion. Some people might find the i-Stop feature to be annoying, although it is supposed to save you fuel and is better for the environment. - Lacks automatic folding side mirrors and door 'courtesy' lighting... definitely something I expected in the Astina, but that's OK. - Poor boot lighting. They installed a tiny 3W wedge globe (T5 size?). With today's technology, I'm not sure why they haven't installed LED lighting throughout the interior. I'm going to consider installing my own suitable LED strip in the boot. - The reverse camera's resolution is not very high compared to some other makes and models out there, but good enough. PRO's: On a positive note, it's a beautiful design, handles well, excellent night time driving with the bi-xenon (HID type) headlights, and all the included safety features (the Astina comes with electric sunroof and safety pack). I love the heated seats for winter too. Would I recommend to a friend? Yes, but it is unfortunate that I had transmission problems so early. The dealer said that Mazda in Japan know about the issue (affected a batch, so not all batches were bad) and apparently have resolved it, so should you happen to have issues too, go straight back to the dealer and they will organize a replacement for you if it's not easily repairable. Only took a few days, and my dealer was more than happy to provide me with a loan car free of charge.

Very good little car

by BG Taxier from 11572 | August 17, 2015

I bought this car(actually a 2014 hatchback) for two reasons I needed a larger wagon and I needed a bigger motor then my last car a 2010 kia Rio(1.6). Let me say that this car certainly does have enough power even heading to upstate NY loaded with 500 lbs and the AC at full blast with stuff on the roof it makes great power! Next let me say that the combination of the 2.0 and 6 speed AT offers excellent fuel economy. Now what is the nicest thing I can really say about it? I use a standard of Buick(good power handling brakes comfort) and applied this I drove Ford Taurus (3) and a 98 Camry. The 3 is roomy good brakes good handling very good power and good fuel economy. In conclusion if you drive a midsize car and need a replacement this is probably the car for you

good driving car and economical

by putzer from eugene, oregon | July 22, 2015

Love the car. Mazda of Gladstone was great. Best car buying experience we have had. The right hand seat did have an imperfection and we hope it will not be a problem down the road.

Preformance

by firebelle from | July 4, 2015

I absolutely love my Mazda 3 hatchback... When I put my foot on the gas petal the engine responds like my 1965 Mustang did... You would never guess it was a 4 cylinder engine...Handles like a sports car on the canyon roads... This 54 year old Nana loves her new car!!!!

Fun to drive small sedan

by Retired Car Guy from Orange County CA | June 30, 2015

Bought this car as a gift for my daughter. Test drove the Civic, Corolla and Mazda. On the plus side, the car drives and handles excellent for a small, economical sedan. The 2.0 L engine has adequate power but the 2.5 L option adds 2000 bucks to the price. The automatic transmission shifts firmly; much preferred to CVTs that are in (Civic & Corolla) many cars today. As more miles are racked up on the odometer, the fuel economy is gradually increasing; presently about 37 mpg average. If driven steady at highway speeds, you can get over 40 mpg. Was pleasantly surprised how well the infotainment system operates and functions. NOTE: no Navigation on this car. Absolutely love the firm ride and safe, secure handling; feels much tighter that the Corolla. Minor nitpicks: No glovebox light and the center armrest could be larger; that's it. Back seat space is a bit tight, but that's not an issue for me as I'm usually the driver. May have to buy one of these myself.