2007 Mazda Mazda5

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Suspension nightmare

by PAUL from Austin, TX | December 30, 2013

We purchased with 20k miles on it, and it was a decent vehicle during the non summer months. There is no rear AC and the AC it does have is awful. Once we hit 90k miles, we've had nothing but expensive repairs done to the front end suspension. The Dealership, ie the EXPERTS, can't seem to fix it. Getting rid of it.

Great vehicle for a small family

by Carpool Queen from Chicago, IL | July 4, 2013

Smaller than a minivan, but can still seat 6 if needed. This car is great for smaller familes that may need an extra seat or 2 when carpooling, but don't want to deal with a regular minivan. Sportier and better gas mileage as well. I loved this car with 2 kids!

A unique van

by T.F. from S.W. Iowa | April 30, 2012

We found a 2007 Mazda 5 Sport using more than one website that had been sitting on a rural car dealership for months. It was a one owner 5 speed with 50,000, and previously had 2 price reductions so the dealer would sell this one for $10,300 cash out the door. We traded an older Dodge van in on the Mazda for $8400.00 and so far we have no complaints. The dealer allowed me to talk with the first owner by phone and she gave it a good report saying she regretted trading it in on a large pickup. The Mazda 5 has more cargo room than you would think, has a great cruise control unit, good lumbar seating, and so far has bullet proof reliability.

Good car, but needs 5th gear

by Mom of two from Richmond, VA | April 13, 2011

I bought this car from a private seller. I got a really good price on it, so I used the extra money to buy a warranty. This car isn't great at 75 mph, you'll save a lot of gas keeping it under 65. Handling is okay, and ride was bumpy til I replaced part of the suspension. I love the versatility without having to drive a boat of a minivan. 3rd row is strictly for kids, although I sat in the back for a trip back from the airport. Overall, Very Satisfied.

Happy with our 5

by Mazdad from Riverdale, NY | January 27, 2011

I bought a used 5 Touring model two years ago. My wife uses it to haul my 4 & 6 yo boys and to go to work. I drive it occasionally on weekends. The odo marks close to 49k now. The smart layout captivated our attention, it's a bold work of design in & out. Add to that the plenty features for the money. I feared a bit at first the value consequences to the vehicle, only to be pleasantly surprised, though the lack of AC vents for back rows is a major flaw. Great build quality, quality of materials ok and engine all smooth. It's a low rider and custom tires aren't fit for icy/snow areas. Road noise is a problem and since tires are due for replacement I'm trying to find the right winter tire type/psi ratio to minimize the noise. Love the unosbructed visibility, a major problem in today's cars, and the air of exclusivity granted to the Mazda 5s best kept secret deal in the auto market. Wished Mazda 5s could offered a 7th retractable seat in between the 2nd row seats as Ford will be offering in their upcoming C-Max model.

Sporty Minivan Alternative

by Suburban Dad from Chicago | May 6, 2010

The Mazda 5 is about functionality. It has tons of space for a car its size. 3rd row is legit. Sporty and responsive for a little 4 cylinder. Ride is bumpy and road noise can be deafening, but it fills its roll well.

Slightly disappointed

by Miss my full size van from Abilene, Tx | April 18, 2010

We've owned our Mazda5 for 7 months now and were happy with it until we drove it cross country. That's when we realized just how NOT roomy it is. The seats were very uncomfortable for a lengthy drive and the lack of a passenger side arm rest was annoying to say the least. The cargo space was very limited for a family on vacation. We also had some sort of problem at high elevations that caused the car to stall out and idol extremely low while the check engine light remained on, and of course the dealership could find nothing wrong by the time we were able to take it in...For around town it's great. It handles well, and drives with a little zip while getting great gas mileage, but for longer drives, I really miss my old full size van.

My first and last Mazda

by Warped Rotors from SLC, UT | March 31, 2009

I bought my Mazda 5 in May 2007 and there are several pro's and con's to it. I do like the versatile seating and good fuel economy of this car. It has been a good alternative to a full size mini van. However, this is the first Mazda I have owned and I must say overall I am not very impressed. I have had several problems with it and had a very difficult time with the dealership. All of the problems are related to the front end tires/brakes/suspension. First off the tires that it came with were very cheap and became "cupped" after about 10,000 miles. Second, the front end brake rotors became warped after about 20,000 miles and of course it isn't covered by the warranty. According to the dealership this is a common occurance in all cars, however, I have owned numerous cars over the last 17 years and have never had this problem before so it can't be that common. Maybe warped rotors are common for Mazda's? Also, the front end makes a lot of noise when going over small bumps, from the suspension I presume, but the dealership says that nothing is wrong with it. Overall, I would say I like the design/look of the vehicle and it does get decent gas mileage but the quality of the vehicle in general seems poor compared to the other vehicles I have owned. I will be selling this vehicle and I will not purchase another Mazda!

Superb vehicle, BUT,.....

by Chris from Central Florida | January 14, 2009

My wife and I picked up a used Mazda5 a week ago and are both in love with it. We traded out of an MPV which we really liked but, with only one child, seemed a bot of overkill. What a difference! It performs about the same but gets much better mpg and handles like a sports car. It actually has more storage than we can fill and the ride is comfortable. The only complaint stems from the fact that we had to repace the tires which are really expensive due to their size and it didn't come with a remote keyless entry fob so we had to go to the dealer to get one. Sit down for this,....$400+!?!? So make sure if you get one used it already has one because that is an asinine price to pay and Mazda should really be ashamed of itself for designing such an inefficient product. Other than that, we are truly in love with this vehicle.

Great fun to drive car

by luv 2 drive from Pittsburgh, PA | May 21, 2008

What a great car for roominess and not sacrificing the gas mileage. I downsized from a minivan getting 15-18 mpg to this great versatile car that is unique and different from the ordinary and now getting 24-26 mpg. What a difference in this time of gas costing an arm and leg.

Featured Services for this Mazda Mazda5