2014 Mazda Mazda5

21–22 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Super Wheels

by car crazy gal from Midwest | August 19, 2014

From the first I thought this car was going to be for me. It is a perfect smaller van for those that like the convenience of sliding side doors and comfortable passenger seats behind the driver, It has the power to take you anywhere and the sleekness to make it noticed wherever you go. Give it a test drive and you will agree!

great car

by tools from Ohio | August 13, 2014

Great car with few things missing 1. doors do not lock when car is put into gear. 2. No sunglass holder - limited front seat storage Good things 1. good gas milage 2. great handling 3. comfortable

one of a kind minivan

by billssearey from Central Florida | July 9, 2014

I have had my Mazda 5 for 15 months and 24K miles now. I traded a Honda Fit in for this car and am very happy with it. It is quieter, more peppy and far more versatile than the Fit for about the same $. I am averaging 29 mpg in mixed driving, but admittedly it took about 10K miles to reach it best mpg on average. The tires are very smooth but have gotten noisey from feathering. A tire shop said this car should have the tires rotated frequently (5K miles) or they will wear faster. The ride is super smooth but noisier. The Honda Fit was also noisey on the road.. That is a Honda characteristic tho. I have had Odysseys, Accords, and the Fit, all road noisey. I like the sliding doors in the garage. They don't hit my other car and ding the side like the Fit did. Overall, the versatility and economy, as well as the fun to drive factor make this one of the best cars I have owned, (26 cars)

by Melissa from Maryland | May 26, 2014

Thank you Mazda for finally providing a pocket holder behind both front seats! Please consider finding a way to get a 7th seat into this van as well.

Disappointed byt this car

by ssandy from Fairfield | May 15, 2014

Hi, Just bought the 2014 Mazda 5 Grand Touring. I'm a big Mazda fan (it's my 3rd) but I have to say that this one is disappointing. I had a Mazda 3 from 2006 before and I miss it! So I'm mostly going to compare to my older car. Pros: Sliding doors are the way to go when you have kids or live in the city. Not a big size van so it's very easy and fun to drive. Nice cargo space and the 3rd row comes handy when you have visitors or are carpooling for school. Head room is great. Craftsmanship is ok, nothing special there but it's nice. Cons: This van is for short people. We are tall (i'm 5'9) and it is very uncomfortable for us. My back hurts a lot, we have to stop regularly to stretch our legs. It's low tech: the sounds system is very bad, the mileage isn't that great. My Mazda 3 from 2006 had a better sound system, was more comfortable and had the same gas mileage! Little storage room in the front and it's visible to all. No covers for your trunk -- well yes you can buy one but it's very expensive. Again your stuff is visible to all. Can't use chains (for those who like to go skying). Dear Mazda team, people who buy vans (mostly parents I assume) are not dead inside. We still like our music. And because we carry our kids and a lot of stuff our back usually takes a hit, comfort would be the minimum. Also, if you sell a product in the US you might want to take into account that people are taller here.

Newest Mazda in a grand succession

by Mazda Family from Iowa City | May 8, 2014

We couldn't help but buy another Mazda after trying out smaller Honda and Kia models. It is is just a preferred brand in our household. I insisted on the Touring model as I like amenities. Mazda could use a few more but at this price point, all is well.

Look elsewhere for a minivan,

by Sad car buyer. from Harrisburg | March 12, 2014

This is a very nice minivan but doesn't have all the bells and whistles I was looking for because I choose a different trim line instead of the correct one. It rides okay if a little stiff and wind and road noise is very pronounced. Since I have only had this for about two weeks it's hard to say about how reliable it is but it should be very reliable. Gas mileage is a little week at 20.6 but again I haven't had it that long. For a small family on a budget I would recommend but not for a single person or a large family,

nice family vehicle

by planet five from waukesha, WI | January 10, 2014

Perfect selection for our family. With small kids, its nice to have the third row of seats in case we have to add friends. I like the fact that someone is making a mini-van with a standard transmission. I can't comment about the reliabiltiy. I just bought the car--ask me in 10 years.