2004 Mazda Mazda6

Available in 5 styles:  2004 Mazda Mazda6 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Best 1st car ever

by Shadley31415 from Cape Cod MA | June 20, 2015

Let's get my only complaint out of the way. It is somewhat rust-prone. Tons of these have rust around the rear wheel well(s) (including mine). Oh and the brake caliper pins sometimes need to be greased (relatively easy to do and prevents sticking). The rest of the car is absolutely amazing. At 175,000 miles, it still feels like new. No rattles or squeaks, and the engine is still silky smooth, pulls strong, and sounds pretty good for a 4cyl too. I've had it just over 2 years, 12,000 miles, and haven't had anything worse than a light-bulb fail The transmission (manual) is still slick as could be and the clutch feels pretty good too. Efficiency is good if you don't hammer it. The handling... oh the handling. It isn't sports car handling but it's very capable with well controlled body motions. The ride is also surprisingly plush. Excellent ride-handling compromise. The steering is light but not too slow, and you can actually feel the road through the wheel. The brakes are disc all around and generally feel great. Pedal placement is excellent and allows perfectly natural heel-toe shifting. The trunk is also quite large, especially with the seats down. It's relatively quiet too, quieter than my moms 2010 Honda Accord. The seats are decent, the radio and HVAC controls work well (nice cool AC and good heat), and the speakers are actually really great. I love my Mazda 6 because it's always ready to play when you want, yet can take you down the road in quiet comfort when you just want to relax. Like a 4-door MX-5. If I could describe it in one word, it would be "Fun", with a capital "F". It's all the things you want in a car, and none of what you don't (at least so far). I still look forward to driving it every day. If you're contemplating buying one of these, I would highly recommend one (4 cyl), especially if you enjoy driving spiritedly every now and then.

one of the best cars mazda has made.

by mazda luv from erie, pa | November 19, 2013

The Mazda was clean, very nice ride, good acceleration, nice room for someone 6" tall. Great features to the vehicle. Well worth the money. Traction control is great, especially in winter weather. Controls are all set up for convience. Has plenty of room for storage and passangers. Just an out-right great car. Have over 113,000 miles on it and still runs like new.

just a great car after owning for 8 years

by bob from Chicago | September 18, 2013

Great car . I got the 2004 v6 mazda 6 wagon in 2005. I think I have only changed the brakes and no other repairs were needed. I get 27mpg on the highway and the trunk is perfect for hauling heavy stuff. Before this car I would only keep a car for maybe 4 years, But it really shows no signs of wearing out like the other cars I have owned. I just have no reason to get a new car. It drives great, it handles really well around corners it is hard to get a better new car

Carfax doesnt tell it all

by Mikenfrenz from Philadelphia | July 16, 2012

When I bought the car, second hand, I expected some issues. It was apparently very well cleaned up. It ran well, and had a clean Carfax report regarding repairs and accidents. Well, I guess that was because the previous owner dumped it in lieu of getting it all repaired at their expense. Water pump part and installation $550, and now a catalytic converter at over a grand. Paid 6,700 for it. Had a Camry before, and nearly bought another one. Sort of wishing I had. Mazda is not Toyota.Ask my wallet. i have had it about 8 weeks. Mechanic who inspected it afetr sale now says sell it...

Love my new car

by Jazz from St Louis, MO | July 16, 2012

I chose this car after renting one. I love how it handles and was supposed with Mazda's comfort level! This is a new favorite and I plan on buying a newer one too!

Very reliable

by WIU from Il | June 18, 2012

Bought new with the 2.3 motor and manuel 5 speed. Mostly highway driving with 31 mpg at 70 mph. I currently have 168,000 miles on the car. Other than wear items, I had to replace the rear wheel bearing assemblies at 162,000 mile. Great car for the money hope to drive it another 100,000 miles.

Underappreciated car/great value

by SpikeyD from Washington, DC | February 16, 2012

I've had my '04 6s wagon (5spd V6) for five years and put over 100k miles on it. Overall I have been very happy with it, and my only complaints are minor. First, although the V6 has plenty of power, you need to get it up there in the rev range before you feel it - it starts off feeling sluggish. I've also had problems with premature rusting, which suggests poor exterior paint quality. And I'm now having the LCD flicker problem, but I've heard that's just a loose connection at the back of the display and a DIY fix. Otherwise, this car is a gem. The engine, transmission (stick), and ride are all buttery smooth, which is why I fell in love with the car to begin with. I have the fantastic leather interior and it is still in great shape, and I regularly get compliments from riders who can't believe the car has 150k miles on it. Sometimes I forget myself, because the car has been so reliable. I've had this car longer, and for more miles than any of my previous three cars, yet it has had the fewest problems. In this car you get 80% of what a Lexus offers you for 50% of the cost. (Yes, those numbers are exact.) If you want a good car for a good value, I can't think of anything better.

My Mazda 6 is totally great!!!!!

by Mikes car from Chicago | November 1, 2011

I have had my mazda for 6 years It is a 2004 V6 Mazda 6 wagon And I have only changed the brake pads. This is such a reliable car. I am really very impressed. Nothing ever goes wrong with the car. It is roomy and a great station wagon. It is really smooth we call it the limo. I would recommend this to anyone.

great car

by mike from chicago il | May 1, 2011

I have had this car for 6 years and I have had no problems. It is just very nice to drive and it has great handeling

Funnest car I've ever owned

by Mazda 6 enthusiast from Long Island, NY | November 20, 2010

This is the best car I've ever owned. I get compliments on it all the time! It's fun to drive, nice looking and so reliable. Absolutely the best sports car for the value!

Featured Services for this Mazda Mazda6