2006 Mazda Mazda6

Available in 15 styles:  2006 Mazda Mazda6 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Get up and go- 4cyl

by Mom of one from Southampton, MA | December 22, 2012

I purchased this vehicle from Cernack Buick in Easthampton. They were Amazing! Couldn't ask for better service! The car is great also. Drives great. Nice and smooth for a 4 cyl especially on the highway at 70mph. It also has great pick up, when taking off from a dead stop. I have never bought a 4 cyl due to lack of power, but this Mazda6 is great! It's also very stylish inside and out...no complaints, whatsoever:)

VERY UPSET

by Stickeresq from Santa Fe, NM | August 25, 2012

This babied premadonna with only 65k miles has been trouble since new. Most problems occurred just outside of warranty: Had to "turn" break rotors twice, $200+ each time; had to recharge AC at 30k miles; electronic instrument cluster doesn't work when car is cold, $420 to fix; driver's seat lumbar support, $250 to fix; clicking valves repaired and still noisey; rear hatch struts needed premature replacement; air intake manifold needed premature replacement; TRANNY GAVE OUT AT 64k miles, $3.5k to fix; AC compressor busted, another $1k! Piece of junk!!!

Good Car Overall

by ValueShopper from Central PA | August 18, 2012

I just traded my Mazda for an Altima - the Mazda was a good car but was starting to cost for repairs that seemed more extensive and expensive than necessary - maybe because I used the dealer for servicing. On the other hand this probably helped me market and sell the car for my asking price so things evened out in the end. The Mazda6 was still stylish for a 6 year old car and had a lot of pep (zoom zoom as Mazda says) and nice features for what I paid for it originally (used 1 year off a lease).

Mazda 6i

by Commuter from York, PA | July 13, 2012

I drive 140 miles round trip everyday back and forth for work - 240,000 miles later, still going strong! THE best car I've ever owned and maintenance has been minimal. Aside from a new serpentine belt just regular maintenance and tires, lots of tires! Plan is to run it till it gets tired, change out the engine and hand it over to my son who's getting close to license time. Can't go wrong with this car.

Mazda 6 wagon

by old Dan from Fort Worth TX | April 16, 2012

Very good car so far. The Grand Touring model and has way to much luxury, but comfy. Mileage is good and the 6 speed auto works great. Smooth acceleration with the v-6, wagon body has plenty of room. Long trip coming up, expect comfort with less tiring for 400 miles.

Best Value for the Money

by Sickboy49 from Hamburg, PA | March 28, 2012

I purchased my 2006 Mazda6 in January of 2012, with 91,800 miles on the odometer. The car has been terrific, even thought the dealership I bought it from will never get my business again. The car is very roomy, with a massive trunk. My Mazda6 came with the 2.3L engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. Even with just a small 4 cylinder engine the car really moves, although I can see why people would get the V6. For a bigger car it feels light on its feet. My only complaint is the gas mileage (no better then 31MPG), although I knew this before I purchased the car. I would recommend this car to anyone.

What a great car!!

by kyser182 from Porland, Or | July 13, 2011

Had a 2006 mazda6 grand touring. LOVED IT! Hugs corners unlike a camry or accord. ZOOM ZOOM 4 LIFE!!

Longest Time in a car in 20 years

by Six Driver from Cincinnati | May 13, 2011

I have owned this Mazda 6 for six years. Other than six warranted repairs, the car has performed well. Gas mileage is around 24 miles per gallon in mixed driving. I have 85,600 miles on the car and yet to need new breaks. I am on my second set of tires. The car has performed as advertised with good pick up from the 219 horses. The ride is firm and controlled but it is not a sports car. Backseat room is limited for tall drivers and trunk space is more than adaquate. I would buy it again for the money. I have a five speed manual transmission. I would not do that again but it truly made the car more fun to drive over the past six years. I would have become totally bored with an automatic in this vehicle. The Bose Radio leaves a little to be desired with subpar sound for the brand and an extremely limited audio display. No modern amenities on the tech side at all. I truly missed bluetooth and a jack for my iPhone. All in all, it has been a good experience and the car has not cost me too much to drive over the past six years. I would own a new Mazda 6 if and when the time comes.

Performance and Luxury: Mazda6 Has It All

by Engineer from Missouri | April 18, 2011

Bought one for my son (a 2004) then liked it so much I sold my '74 Porsche 914 and bought one for myself. As an engineer, I make decisions based on data. I looked through a *lot* of used car specs and reviews before settling on the Mazda6. What's there not to like? Low price ($10k - $12k), low mileage (around 45k), fantastic performance (get the 6cyl, 6speed, auto-manual), leather interior, heated seats (!), Bose sound, heated side mirrors, and auto-dimming review mirror with Homelink (3-button garage/gate opener). Here's a $40 tip - if the seller doesn't offer a free carfax then ask for one. Chances are you'll get it since many others are doing it. Competition is a wonderful thing. You gotta love America for that!

great car!

by cam c from maryland | April 17, 2011

I love this car. Its fast and looks good. I have had no problems with the car and love the handling. Much better than any toyota or ford sedan!

Featured Services for this Mazda Mazda6