2015 Mazda Mazda6

Starting MSRP

Overall

A great car

by olie from Wildomar, ca | November 16, 2014

We love this car. It looks great and we just love the Snowflake white.With the latest technology, this car will stay ahead of its time for years to come

Vast improvement over previous generation 6

by FusionGuy from Scottsdale, AZ | November 11, 2014

My 2015 Mazda6 is one of the finest cars I have ever owned. First things first; the car is stunningly beautiful and is unlike the plain vanilla and overly conservative, "front-runners" in this segment. That means you Camry, Accord, Altima and even the Passat. Mazda has done a superb job in bringing this car to market, especially after becoming independent again. It's light, fuel-efficient and a joy to drive. Sure it won't win many drag races or handle like a Porsche, but that's the point; it's a family sedan with real personality, and soul for that matter - how many Japanese sedans can you say that about? While most mainstream family sedans are not driver-oriented, the 6 is an exception. Their SkyActive trademark is much more than a simple marketing term - it's the result of all the components of the car being designed from scratch, and in parallel. The result is an engine that produces more torque in the low rev range than nearly any other aspirated engine of similar displacement. The transmission shifts smoothly and faster than many other torque converter units. It also has multiple lock-up clutch discs so it can lock the torque converter faster and achiever higher fuel economy as a result. It even has a racing header on the engine so it can provide enough engine cooling to prevent pre-detonation with that lofty 13:1 compression ratio. The mere fact that Mazda designed and built an engine with a 13:1 compression ratio that runs on 87 octane is an astounding achievement. My ride to work is about 15 miles with some stop and go along the way. With 3000+ miles already driven, I've been averaging between 33 and 34 mpg when driving "gently" - not always the case with my right foot. :) In the typical Mazda fashion, the ride is slightly more taut but nothing that would bother a typical driver. The cockpit is driver-oriented and steering feedback is excellent for a front-drive car. My car has the 19" rims so road noise is slightly higher than the typical family sedan, but on smooth pavement it is composed and quiet. The car is fun to drive in the twisties and the chassis does a great job of communicating feedback to the driver. The seats are comfortable and side bolsters keep you from sliding around when the driving gets fun. The infotainment unit is on the small side. That never bothered me but it may bother others. It's easy to use once you master the command wheel. The TomTom GPS system is very accurate and generally easy to use, though I prefer a Garmin unit only because that's what I'm accustomed to. The quality of the interior materials is a HUGE step up from the previous model; which I also owned. Having owned the 2nd-gen model with the V6 engine, I was afraid that I was going to immediately miss the power of that engine. While the new vehicle doesn't accelerate nearly as fast, somehow the power "deficiency" is more than compensated for in the way the engine and transmission put that power to the road. In summary I can't say enough good things about the new 6.

The best until now for this class

by sport and Eco from saudi arabia | October 21, 2014

Sport and eco-car at the same time 100% value for money Stylish design As a University student I look for design and features and economy I found all of what I need in this car

great car for the family

by South Jersey from Mount Laurel, NJ | October 15, 2014

had a great experience at Maple Shade, NJ Madaz. Paul was great to work with. My family and I recommend the dealership. Madaz is a great car

Most fun car I've owned

by M6 guy from Southern Wisconsin | October 13, 2014

Smallest car I've owned but doesn't drive like a little car. Love the fuel economy. I have check mileage on every tank. In 4000 miles we have averaged 33.8 mph with a high of 39.8 on one tank. Handling is good with enough power. Love the electronics. Lazer blind spot and cross traffic feature is awesome. Ours is the Grand Touring model and I have to say so far it is the best all around car we have ever owned.

mazda 6 touring

by magic mike from stockbridge, ga. | October 1, 2014

After 1500 miles I've determined the 6 was the right choice for me. Coming out out a 09 sonata se v6 that had a lot more horse power and a bit more room inside, I was a bit concerned if I would miss the extra power and the additional interior space. So far no. The 6 is averaging 31+ mpg in 80% highway 20% city. The car performs fine on the highway and I seldom miss the extra hp. I'm not convinced the placement of the outside mirrors is a good thing. I find that at 5'11", I have to turn my head more to the side to see the mirrors. A 6'8" person with seat placement further back would benefit more from the set back placement. The seats on the touring model lack enough butt padding for long drives, but are fine for 1 hour or so. I wish the driver seat had adjustment for the front part of the seat without having to raise or lower the whole seat. Radio controls are fair but somewhat aged compared to other models. Engine noise is a bit loud, especially when 1st cranked. The tires aren't anything to get excited about and will be replaced with something better long before they wear out. The car has a firm ride to it, and feels more like a smaller car(much like my 94 probe se had). It is a drivers car for sure as the firmness may turnoff a rider type or driver. Care must be taken at highway speed as the car will move around in it's lane easily with almost no steering input. I see more dash reflections in the windshield than I've seen in other cars, but not to the point of being annoying. The transmission works quite well with the only issue I've noticed is the super quick 1st to 2nd shift. When going up my steep 40ft driveway, it will shift to 2nd at the top of the driveway about the time I stop to check the traffic before pulling out in the road. I will use manual mode untill I'm in the road. Other than that its a great car so far.

Great Features

by Jacques from southern California | September 25, 2014

I'm 85 and not as great behind the wheel as when I was a road warrior. This car is loaded with the kind of warning features that make my journeys safer for me and my wife. Like any new piece of advanced machinery, you've got to take a little time to get used to the location and operating parameters of all the bells and whistles but it's totally worth the effort. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I've owned dozens. -Jacques

awesome car

by mazda chick from North Carolina | September 10, 2014

I had a mazda 626 for 18 years it was very dependable. I loved it. So as I was shopping for a new car I test drove many but when I test drove the mazda 6 the only thing I could say was WOW! I bought it. I love the sleek classy look it has. It looks expensive but is not compared to others. It handles beautifully on the road a really sooth ride. The seats are very comfortable. ( well I only know the drivers seat, it is the only one I sit in) but everyone else says it is comfortable. The gas mileage is awsome. I love this car.

Sexy and sophisticated 2015 Mazda6 Purchased

by Queen B from Memphis, TN | September 3, 2014

Reggie Norfleet has made purchasing a Mazda hassle free with internet prices. Reggie is a salesman for Gwatney Mazda of Germantown in Memphis, TN. A good friend told me that Reggie could beat any out of state internet prices on all new or used Mazdas. The last 10 years I’ve owned luxury autos but 5 or 6 years later the value never comes close to what I paid. For Example: I paid $43,000 for a 2009 Hyundai Genesis but it is only worth $6,000 as of June 1st of 2014 with an odometer reading 152,000 miles. This car is in excellent with no major repairs and it has never been in an accident. Reggie was extremely patient with me. As a savvy and sassy customer I wanted a Mazda6 basic model with the manual windows and cloth seats. No more over the top spending for an automobile that is worth only a nickel in five years. No more over the top spending for higher trims supposedly that adds desirable comfort, convenience, cosmetic, and technology features. After much discussions over the phone, Reggie and I set an appointment which I was more prepared to haggle over price than to purchase a car. I chose the Mazda6 for several reasons. This midsize sedan gets 26/38 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission with a sleek and sophisticated body. The sexy colors that played to my personality was the Crystal Deep Blue with turquoise sparkles, snowflake white pearl, & soul red metallic. I wanted Reggie to show me the colors offered and the bottom line price without any sales pitch. I’ve done my homework and knew actually what I wanted to purchase and the price I was willing to pay. Reggie politely stated you don’t want to row down windows Ms. *****. You want some of the comforts and conveniences that you have had in the past and I could get them for you at a really good price. Immediately, my blood started boiling until I saw the 2015 Crystal Deep Blue with turquoise sparkles and sand leatherette seats that had only 36 miles. The gorgeous 19-inch alloys wheels and rear cross-traffic alert safety tech made the Mazda6 appeared spectacular. This Mazda6 fits my personality almost too perfect. Reggie went on to explain this Mazda6 came with the Moonroof/Bose/Satellite Radio package, a blind spot monitor and a power driver's seat, and advanced keyless entry and start. I quickly snapped out of my excited mode and folded my harms as to say what the price is. He slid the quote to me which was very close to what I was going to pay for the basic and he matched this particular Mazda to my personality. I was thrilled. This car was purchased in fifteen minutes after my arrival. I could not have asked for a better salesman. He took the time to explain all of the new features. Thanks Reggie, I purchased my 2015 Madza6 July 10th of 2014 and I am just as excited as the day I made my purchased.

The 'Sleeper' in the Sedan Market

by BGK M6 from Washington, DC | August 28, 2014

For those shopping Accord or Camry or Altima; this is a vehicle to consider. For those shopping BMW, AUDI, Mercedes, look at the bang for the buck. I switched from an A6 to the M6 and smile every time I hit the start button. No more breakdowns. No more $300 oxygen sensors. No more compromises of comfort for performance. No more 15 MPG in the city. The Mazda is just a great car and a definite sleeper. The M6 has not captured the mind share of Honda or Toyota -- but they will. Look at all the Mazda 3s and you will see them convert to the M6 next time around. Do yourself a favor and comparison shop the M6 with a Q50 or an LS 350. You'll see for yourself.