2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata

24–25 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Nice second car

by born to enjoy cars from Texas | June 11, 2012

Nice vehicle, only thing, if ya have bad back or weak/afflicted legs...its not easy to get in & out of. Its peppy & good gas.

miata

by write4you329 from delaware | June 11, 2012

loving this car! my 1st 2-seater and convertible, lots of "zoom zoom"...lots of fun, handles and rides like a bigger car than I expected....definitly sold on this as a 2nd fun car (may end up becoming my primary car)...a real head turner as well...great fun to drive and handles perfectly

Great little sports car

by Englishman from Roanoke, Va | May 29, 2012

I have had MGB's in the past and they were not reliable like this Miata. Found on Cars.com; great site. Got a good deal on this listing, and very satisfied. Thanks. Brian

I love the Miata

by Amber from | April 10, 2012

I purchased this Miata as a replacement for a newer car and feel it was one of the best decisions I have ever made in terms of a vehicle purchase. It is fun, reliable and easy to drive.

Great little car

by Badger Sports Car Lover from Washington, DC | January 22, 2012

The MX-5 is a sports car in the tradition of the old British sports cars. It handles a lot like my former MGB and MG Midget. It is not the fastest car on the road, but may be the most fun to drive because of its excellent handling. Don't get the version with an automatic transmission because it isn't as much fun to drive.

best sports car ever

by hammer from blairsville ga | January 2, 2012

this car is like owning all the great sports cars of the past with the reliability of a toyota, honda, mazda and more. the handling is superb, it eats the mountain roads where i live for breakfast. My car is 12 years old and it still feels new and young. It has 76000 miles on it and you would not know it. It's maybe the last of a dying breed of car that you actually have to drive and not just sit in. It has a clutch, sensiitive steering, a ragtop that is noisey, its a real car, not one of the new do anything for me places for my computerr.....buy an older one and enjoy.

Saaweet!!

by dlcmiata from Stanton, Tx. | September 27, 2011

My Miata SE is now almost 12 years old with 170000 miles on it. 6 speed manual. Mahogany in color. And I still drive it everyday. Fun car to drive. Handles great. Put a set of Bridgestone RE11's on it.. OMG !! Handles like its on rails..lol..The balance is darn near 50/50.. Great Bose sound system. Here is the only issue I have..It does run very hot with A/C on. My last 1990 miata did the same thing. Ran hot..I dont care for that at all. But that is the only thing I dont like about the two miatas I have owned. Bottom line, drive the car first with A/C on to see if it runs hot. If it does'nt, buy it ! You'll love it..

Great Car!

by Bob from houston tx | January 12, 2009

I've owned a miata special edition for almost two years and its been a great car. I would recomend the manual trans.

Fun car coil problem

by James from Colorado | August 23, 2006

Third Miata I have owned. Good overall car. It appears the 2000 had some ignition coil problems. Mine went out around 60,000, quoted by dealer to replace for $500. Burned out cat. Picked up 2 used coils at junk yard for $50. Runs OK now but I need to replace the Cat before next inspection. Terrible cut holders unless you are double jointed.

My 2000 SE

by Vegas Resident from Las Vegas, NV | July 19, 2006

My 2000 Miata SE is now 6 years old and I love it as much as the first day I got it. It has only had maintenance and never had a repair. It is quick nimble and drives like the day I bought it. The Mica color and Nardi wood interior still gets looks. Like most Miata owners, you are a loyal owner and love your car. I only marked the car down for comfort, but that is a given before you buy it. You are getting a roadster in the old Brisitsh style and not a sedan so expect a stiff, loud roadster with you only about 6 inches off the ground. Hey! In an accident you only have to duck to go under the big rig! Actually I have avoided many an accident because of the quick on a dime handling of the Miata. I replaced the stock horn (weak) with some BIG RED airhorns and scare the hair off people that dont see me! On a canyon road with the top down, there is nothing like it in the world. You want cargo? Go get a SUV. You want quiet? Go get a sedan. You want 0-60 in a few seconds? Go get a Corvette. You want a car that will go for years, is fun to drive and is still unlike any other car built (including the bigger solstice, sky, etc)....buy a Miata. It is balanced to perfection and a ride that you will enjoy for years!!!

Featured Services for this Mazda MX-5 Miata